• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR250 PRICE QUOTED

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I spent $120k on a boat I’d be afraid to even use it. Heck, $60k is a hard pill for me. For $120k I can buy the AR250 and a used Mooney or Bonanza....or some other toy. I also really love the room of the Yamahas. If I ever win the lottery I’m sure my boat wouldn’t be a Yamaha though.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah the lottery...... I would have a yacht class and go to places and Islands that we can only dream about. My tender would be a Yamaha though ;)

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors I’m sure I’ll offend a lot by saying this, but Yamaha boats are and always have been the value boat. None of the models do anything especially well, but they get you a lot of boat for the price. Jets are great and I own a Yamaha, but until you get on something like a Cobalt or Formula, etc. you will realize what a high end boat feels like.
Yes, there is a world of difference in something like a Formula and a Yamaha. My Formula 41PC, an older model but at the time was Formula’s top of the line yacht, is nothing like my new Yamaha. Everything on the Formula is overbuilt and feels like a very solid knife cutting through butter even on very rough days on the Chesapeake Bay. I don’t have shutters, shakes and slams in the Formula. Fit and finish is is excellent but it better be for what these boats cost. When shopping for a jet boat none of the Yamahas or Scarabs were built like a Formula but none of those gets close to what an entry level Formula costs so I was not expecting that kind of build quality. And they’re not really intended to tackle the same kind of conditions that a Formula can handle.

What did it for me in purchasing the Yamaha was the bulletproof reputation of the Yamaha engine and the clean out ports. Scarabs have a little more flash and are beautiful boats but the Yamaha with those clean outs did it for me. The Formula and her twin Cummins diesels, ZF transmissions, full head and galley present many, many more maintenance “opportunities” and repair “opportunities.” “Opportunities” that I will not be facing with the easy to use, easy to run and easy to maintain Yamaha.

it’s apples and oranges. The Formula is great anywhere out in the Bay in most weather conditions and I can take her out in the Atlantic and up the coast. Would I try that in my little AR190? No, I would not. I wouldn’t take any Yamaha boats out in the Atlantic from the mid Atlantic region and north. But I have had so much fun in my AR190. It’s been great in the tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay. It’s really a great boat and I get a lot of compliments and questions about it. Just different boats to do different things.

Priceisright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Priceisright It is not about high end or value, etc. It is about use case and being able to fit the boat to your specific needs. I don't need flash or my ass to be cradled in the most premium vinyl on the market. What I want is a boat that punches all the boxes for how we are going to use the boat and at a price that isn't stupid to us. Some may want to and can afford to drop that coin on a boat, which is fine, we won't.

I looked at an R6 I am not going to drop $120k on a boat. Just won't happen. It's a nice boat but not for us, it doesn't fit our life style and use case. Even if I could write the check, I would not for that boat or the Formula's. First and foremost for me/us it is a jet boat, so that narrows it down to about three brands. Unfortunately the brand left standing after my review was Yamaha and of course their precanned boats. I will still bitch about it a little that I can't tailor it a bit more to our liking and needs for the amount of money I going to spend.
It checks all the boxes for me too, I just think Yamaha pricing is getting out of hand. They don’t do anything exceptionally well, but want to charge premium pricing for some trims. I still think the 19ft is a good value, but anything with twin engines should be making more power. The speed of my 212 is so slow. My friend has the sx210 and got out run by a 90 hp runabout. Just saying the jets have many pro’s, but they lack power. You drop 40 to 50k on a boat, you don’t want to get passed by something that looks like it has been sitting outside for 40 years with weeds growing around it lol

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I just purchased my 2019 242SE new back in April for $63,500 and I've been going back and forth on buyers remorse... specifically, if I should have held out for a 252SE. I think that I've come to the realization that spending almost another $16,000 (Paying MSRP) on a 252SE isn't worth it. While I like the overall layout and redesign, I don't like the color choices and the brown interior of the new 252SE especially when comparing it to the 2019 242 Suede Grey/Black bottom which IMHO is the best looking combo that Yamaha has put out to date. One thing that I really do like on the new redesign is the chiseled out shape on the side of the boat and after a full debadge/desticker I think it will look really sharp. I do question the redesign of the window... I wonder how it will look when someone tints it? I'd imagine a bit awkward.

BMatavelli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hi, can anyone give me a contact of the dealer that is not charging freight and prep? is it In Florida?

I called about 5 dealers near me and they are all charging MRSP+ +-1600 freight+ +-800 prep+tax.

I even thought about waiting for the boat show in the winter, but there will be no leftover from 2020 even if the event ends up happening with COVID.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BMatavelli You are going to be hard pressed to find one, at least right now. There is no reason for dealers to do so. In another thread here someone mentioned they had gotten a discount on freight and/or prep. Search through the forums.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi, can anyone give me a contact of the dealer that is not charging freight and prep? is it In Florida?

I called about 5 dealers near me and they are all charging MRSP+ +-1600 freight+ +-800 prep+tax.

I even thought about waiting for the boat show in the winter, but there will be no leftover from 2020 even if the event ends up happening with COVID.
Holly Acres Marine, Virginia. Shan was selling everything he could order at 2020 pricing with no freight. Dealer prep is about 1k and a 500 buck up charge for a galvanized trailer.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

The week the new 25 footers were released, several people (including me) were reporting dealer offers of MSRP with no freight or prep on the 25 footers (not sure that was true of 19, 21, or 27 foot boats as I only inquired about 25 footers). If dealers are no longer offering that price point, it makes me think initial demand was high enough that they decided to stop giving the discount.

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't actually answer your question the first time, so let me do that: The dealer I spoke to is Chatlee Marine in NC. If you call them to ask about pricing, I'd be interested to hear if they're still offering MSRP w/ no freight and prep on the 25 footers or if they're now quoting MSRP plus freight and prep.

Last edited:

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I got prices from 2 different dealers and getting prep and freight dropped was done simply by asking for it to be dropped. Took all of 3 seconds and those extremely inflated costs were removed

The demand will probably be somewhat high for a while, but I think its been grossly over exaggerated on here. Dealer in my town has had the same 212S sitting on the showroom floor for about a month now. Showing same 19ft boats on his website for a couple weeks. Some areas will be tighter on inventory than others but dont let dealers scare you into paying an inflated price just because they say you wont see a boat next year.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mike220022 Perhaps you could share the name of those dealers so @BMatavelli could call and check for himself what they would do.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The whole point of me replying to that is the simple fact that all I did was ask for it to be dropped and it was done. Call your local dealer and ask...Period. Dont just let them sell you on a Covid Pandemic price and get stuck over paying. If they refuse then walk out and call another dealer. Ive read here and talked to several people that have gotten prices on ordering boats and never pay those fees. If youre ok with overpaying then pay up and chalk it up to the old "memories are priceless" BS but if not then work the dealer instead of letting them work you.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealer in my town has had the same 212S sitting on the showroom floor for about a month now. Showing same 19ft boats on his website for a couple weeks. Some areas will be tighter on inventory than others but dont let dealers scare you into paying an inflated price just because they say you wont see a boat next year.
What dealer is this??? Been on the hunt for a while and if there is just one sitting...

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The whole point of me replying to that is the simple fact that all I did was ask for it to be dropped and it was done. Call your local dealer and ask...Period. Dont just let them sell you on a Covid Pandemic price and get stuck over paying. If they refuse then walk out and call another dealer. Ive read here and talked to several people that have gotten prices on ordering boats and never pay those fees. If youre ok with overpaying then pay up and chalk it up to the old "memories are priceless" BS but if not then work the dealer instead of letting them work you.
If you don’t ask the answer is no. If any of you are truly buyers right now, be nice, but tell them you want to buy now but will not unless they work with you. It is a dance, don’t insult them but throw out a lower number then what is your maximum ($XX Out the door with everything). Also be willing to walk away for the day or so.....but also physically have your check-book in hand. If you can get to the GM or owner (even just an introduction) that will usually play in your favor.

The production for 2021 is not sold out, and also keep in mind MSRP’s in this business are set high because they need room for peoples upside-down trades that usually occur in this business (have room to pay off/pad trades and still be under MSRP). If you don’t have a trade with a payoff there is much more room for them to move a bit.

So yes, as mike220022 stated, most dealers do not want to have you walk over a few hundred or a couple thousand. Do yourself a favor and find a vortex and scarab dealer in your area......even if you don’t look, tell the Yamaha dealer you are considering the others as well.

Vortex dealers are NAP pricing (no haggle). I simple said “I’m looking at Scarab and Yamaha as well, is this the absolute best you can do”? His answer “No, I can work with you on the price a little bit”..........Right now I am just a tire-kicker so I didn’t take it any further.

Each of you also have to decide your own personal “value proposition”.....If you are ok paying MSRP+add-ons there is nothing wrong with that either....

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Deals are out there , ive actually negotiated 2 very good deals below msrp and no freight and prep with some freebies thrown in on a 2021 ...but after talking to one dealer who basically said its pretty much a sh** show at the plant with them scrambling for parts and trying to meet production deadlines ive decided to wait another year or 2 and actually wait to see a AR 250 in person...bottom line is if you are really interested in buying , walk into a dealer , sit down and talk face to face and you will find there are deals to be made

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like everyone else has said, if it’s worth it to you then go ahead and pay inflated prices if not then walk. I for one will not pay inflated prices if the dealer doesn’t want to make a sell then I’ll walk. I’m seeing a lot of used Yamahas getting listed now so what does that tell you.