• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 JetBoaters.Net SeaDek Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mshu714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Recommend using Spectrum Gel Coat Patch to fill snap holes and light sand rather than 5200. Looks professional and definitely much better if the seadek doesn't cover some snaps, like it does on my boat. Order it now so you have it when your SeaDek comes in. It takes 2-4 weeks minimum depending on their volume from spectrum.
Did you only fill in the holes that were exposed or all of the snap holes? Did you fill them in after you laid the SeaDek or before?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you only fill in the holes that were exposed or all of the snap holes? Did you fill them in after you laid the SeaDek or before?
PREP IS EVERYTHING
  1. I removed the Carpet/Existing Stuff.
  2. Washed entire floor and surfaces getting the SeaDek with Dishwashing soap, Mild and hot water.
  3. Scrubbed by hand the channels around the gas tank.
  4. Rinsed out the boat.
  5. Used my Leaf Blower to dry out entire floor and surface areas getting SeaDek.
  6. Removed all Snaps by Unscrewing.
  7. Any chipping around snaps I dug out.
  8. Filled all snap holes (and a gouge) with Spectrum Gel Patch (mixed a small bit and used that and then mixed more). put a bit more so it is slightly higher than surrounding area and sand down flush. You may need to do a small second application on a couple with just a smidge. You want to do this before seadek cause you will sand. Dries in a couple hours or less. I filled all holes in entire boat even those being covered with the Gel Patch. Figured I would go the extra mile.
  9. Used my small Dewalt orbital sander to knock down some of the high points on the patches
  10. Finished hand sanding with 800 then 1000 grit sandpaper. Can't tell there were snaps.
  11. Wiped all patches and got up sanding dust with Acetone.
  12. Test fit a piece at front of boat floor and started there working back toward stern.
  13. Once I eyeballed where it was going I used a grease pencil to mark a couple of edges for reference so I could line it up when doing the final fit.
  14. I cleaned the area under each piece with Acetone Liberally.
  15. OPTIONAL - Used 3M Adhesive Primer then at let it set up for a few minutes. I did this, some do not , personal preference.
  16. Scored the piece going down on the brown paper back. DO NOT CUT THE SEADEK
  17. Pulled 2 inches on either side of the score and folded them back. Then they will roll back a bit so you can set the seadek down on floor/surface with the peeled paper keeping it up off the surface a bit so you can position it.
  18. Once lined up to my marks i put above I would push down and let it stick in the center then peel and do the right side slowly while sticking then the left so there were no air bubbles.
  19. Then I would stand it and move to the next piece.
  20. Make sure your lines are lined up on SeaDek, you may want to test fit a couple of pieces.

Last edited:

Mshu714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
PREP IS EVERYTHING
  1. I removed the Carpet/Existing Stuff.
  2. Washed entire floor and surfaces getting the SeaDek with Dishwashing soap, Mild and hot water.
  3. Scrubbed by hand the channels around the gas tank.
  4. Rinsed out the boat.
  5. Used my Leaf Blower to dry out entire floor and surface areas getting SeaDek.
  6. Removed all Snaps by Unscrewing.
  7. Any chipping around snaps I dug out.
  8. Filled all snap holes (and a gouge) with Spectrum Gel Patch (mixed a small bit and used that and then mixed more). put a bit more so it is slightly higher than surrounding area and sand down flush. You may need to do a small second application on a couple with just a smidge. You want to do this before seadek cause you will sand. Dries in a couple hours or less. I filled all holes in entire boat even those being covered with the Gel Patch. Figured I would go the extra mile.
  9. Used my small Dewalt orbital sander to knock down some of the high points on the patches
  10. Finished hand sanding with 800 then 1000 grit sandpaper. Can't tell there were snaps.
  11. Wiped all patches and got up sanding dust with Acetone.
  12. Test fit a piece at front of boat floor and started there working back toward stern.
  13. Once I eyeballed where it was going I used a grease pencil to mark a couple of edges for reference so I could line it up when doing the final fit.
  14. I cleaned the area under each piece with Acetone Liberally.
  15. OPTIONAL - Used 3M Adhesive Primer then at let it set up for a few minutes. I did this, some do not , personal preference.
  16. Scored the piece going down on the brown paper back. DO NOT CUT THE SEADEK
  17. Pulled 2 inches on either side of the score and folded them back. Then they will roll back a bit so you can set the seadek down on floor/surface with the peeled paper keeping it up off the surface a bit so you can position it.
  18. Once lined up to my marks i put above I would push down and let it stick in the center then peel and do the right side slowly while sticking then the left so there were no air bubbles.
  19. Then I would stand it and move to the next piece.
  20. Make sure your lines are lined up on SeaDek, you may want to test fit a couple of pieces.
Thank you!! Just ordered the Gel Patch for the snap holes. I couldn't find the blue we needed to try and also fix some dings under the boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you!! Just ordered the Gel Patch for the snap holes. I couldn't find the blue we needed to try and also fix some dings under the boat.
Call up Spectrum on the phone, they will take care of you. Very helpful and will get you the exact match.

Mshu714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Call up Spectrum on the phone, they will take care of you. Very helpful and will get you the exact match.
They were very helpful. They had 3 blue's listed under our boat so I ended up having to call Yamaha to get the color number and then call them back. It is now ordered as well. Thanks for all the help!!

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got my order in for a full set for my sx230.

What’s the current shipping timeline like on this?

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Font option not available. I asked this as well. You would just choose the ar210. They have one font for each model.

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered complete kit along with piece to go under anchor locker . Always amazing service at jetboatpilot

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I finally got my order in for a complete kit!! Thanks Will (and Kim) for all of your help and patience in answering all of my questions along the way 😅

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be fun to see how many kits he actually sold for the group buy. I’m sure it was quite a few!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Currently removing the adhesive from my swim platform marine mat. I would rather be doing anything else in the world I think, this shit sucks! About 70% done then I'm off to the races. Have 4 optional pads on so far....lol