• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where is the best place to get an estimate or approx. value on my 2019 212 Limited S (Grey/white), perfect condition with 55 hours. (based in Panhandle, FL)
I am already in line and going to move up to a 2021 24'/25' when available and wondered what the expected trade in or sell price would look like.
I use boat trader and a power search on google for craigslist. "Yamaha 2015 242 site:craigslist.org" that will search all craigslist listings, not just your area and surroundings.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Actually, I put a $500 deposit on a new 2021 AR195. All 2020 are sold out across the country (from what I was told). Even though I put a deposit, it only holds my spot for when they come in (I am told maybe in August). There is no release date, no color chart, nothing on any info. All I know is that this 2020 model AR190 and AR195 are all gone. Yamaha is working to get the 2021 out very soon to curb demand for them. This is what I am being told from 3 major dealers in Florida.
Dang, I dropped 3k for my deposit on a 2021 back in July. Im on pins and needles waiting for my boat.

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Dang, I dropped 3k for my deposit on a 2021 back in July. Im on pins and needles waiting for my boat.
I also put deposit in July and I almost cannot stand waiting any longer. Everyday I see other people picking up their boats. And I am just waiting. Reading all the posts and hounding my dealer. Lol

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
showed my wife the pictures of the 255 -- her reaction was that we're VERY happy we bought the 2020 AR240.

To me, the 255 looks like it's chasing the Scarab and feeling more formal and less like a family fun runabout boat. The back end looks like it's more of a go out to dinner boat or cruise to the island than a play around on the lake.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I also put deposit in July and I almost cannot stand waiting any longer. Everyday I see other people picking up their boats. And I am just waiting. Reading all the posts and hounding my dealer. Lol
I share the anxiety... We should be getting some good news from our dealers tomorrow. Rumor has it that the dealerships are having a virtual meeting with Yamaha today 8/11. They should have all the tracking info for pre-order boats available to them tomorrow 8/12. I will be calling my dealer in the morning.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JohnB When I got my 2020 AR210 in May, the dealer could of gotten me an 2020 AR240 for $56k OTD. I said "Let's just see if we like the 210 and if we want to go bigger we can next year." Meh...... Should of bought our second boat first as I was told...... Not a good move.

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I share the anxiety... We should be getting some good news from our dealers tomorrow. Rumor has it that the dealerships are having a virtual meeting with Yamaha today 8/11. They should have all the tracking info for pre-order boats available to them tomorrow 8/12. I will be calling my dealer in the morning.
So they all should have tracking info also? I haven't heard anything like that.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You must be new here.........:cool:View attachment 129418
That is a clean and large wake. However, it seems farther back and much more parallel to the direction of travel. A wake boat makes a huge wave that is much more perpendicular. Maybe it’s the picture, sometimes the perspective makes it deceiving. The wake boat I was on this weekend had a wake right up on near the transom where you could surf right up on the the swim deck.

Last edited:

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So they all should have tracking info also? I haven't heard anything like that.
To my understanding, Yes. The dealership should be able to track the boats with the updated YDS. Also, Yamaha should be releasing some big news on their website tomorrow. Im curious what it could be... new boat, 2021 line up available to order, who knows...

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
To my understanding, Yes. The dealership should be able to track the boats with the updated YDS. Also, Yamaha should be releasing some big news on their website tomorrow. Im curious what it could be... new boat, 2021 line up available to order, who knows...
It almost makes me wish I hadn't ordered one already. They may come out with one I want more....

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2021 Release date!!!!!

Tahoe242X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So the new models are nice upgrades... but anyone else feel that calling the new 252/255 series 25 footers is a bit of a shame? Sure, rounding 24.5 feet up gets you to 25 feet, but it would seem this more marketing than a legitimate size increase. Why not have called it them a 246?

With this logic a 26’ will be a 275! Oh wait...there’s already a 275....

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't mind the 25' designation. Especially for the center console it puts them in the "I want a 25' boat" category.

Plus, I give the Yamaha boats +2' in my mind since the whole transom is usable boat where it would be just platform/motor otherwise.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2021s came in to my dealer last week while i was there getting some warranty work done :mad: (engine hatch hinge came loose). they were all 19ft ar 195. they are really nice looking! almost wished i had waited for the 2021... ah but then i wouldnt be out enjoying the water now :)

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2021s came in to my dealer last week while i was there getting some warranty work done :mad: (engine hatch hinge came loose). they were all 19ft ar 195. they are really nice looking! almost wished i had waited for the 2021... ah but then i wouldnt be out enjoying the water now :)
Where are you located? I sent messages to dealers in Florida hoping they can help me.

RajD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a deposit on a 212S. Now that I see there's a 212SE in the line up, wondering if the E series features are worth both the wait and the extra $3K. Anyone that has an E series or that is familiar with them care to comment? How hard is it to Sync the throttles on the dual engines. Upgrading from an AR190.

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just put a deposit down on a 252XE - was tempted for the better color scheme and power of the 255XE but ultimately decided I didn't want the worse range/gas mileage for 5-7 MPH top end. Rough expectation is October / November. I'm in the Northeast so won't be used until next spring.