• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at Yamaha boats for 3+ years now and have got to the point that I'm ready to make the plunge. After talking with a few dealers, seems like the Corona has helped demand and the 2020's are basically sold out. Some dealers are starting to take holds for '21 boats.

I'm most interested in a SX210.

Is there any info starting to circulate on the 2021 Models?
Also, anyone know of availability (new or 2017+ used)?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That dealer is full of BS. That's a line they are using as you can't "take holds" on something that won't even be announced till fall. No dealer under the sun would do such a thing. If they wanted your business, they would sell you on something they had, or could put their hands on.

Anyone who says they know what is coming in the early weeks of June is flat out lying. And why would anyone wait and lose an entire summer of fun.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've not see any sneak peeks of the 2021 line up yet. It will be interesting to see what Yamaha does with their Dealer meeting - usually in August. Covid has likely slowed their product development....gotta wonder if the meeting will be postponed or cancelled, and if they'll unveil any new boats at or, or push it to the Miami boat show in Jan/Feb?

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That dealer is full of BS. That's a line they are using as you can't "take holds" on something that won't even be announced till fall. No dealer under the sun would do such a thing. If they wanted your business, they would sell you on something they had, or could put their hands on.

Anyone who says they know what is coming in the early weeks of June is flat out lying. And why would anyone wait and lose an entire summer of fun.
I don't think anyone is putting deposits down on 2021 models, if that is what the dealer is requesting, then I agree with you, but between lost production and increase in demand plenty of dealers don't have any 2020 models in inventory to sell. There is nothing you can do except wait or expand your search radius.

To the OP. The SX/AR 210s are base model Yamahas, so I doubt anything radical happens in 2021. Those kind of changes would happen in the 24' boats or higher end models and then trickle down. So if you find a used 2017-2019 for sale I wouldn't wait to see what 2021 models might offer, because chances are that there won't be anything different.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fiction..... 2021 Yamaha SX 210 - PREORDER21SX210 - River Valley Marine I am seeing a lot of this around the web.
The local dealer seems to be doing the same with taking spot in line reservations. They are not claiming that they have any inside information on what the 21's will be, just that there will be some and they will take holds on spots in line when the new start arriving. The dealer did say they expect their next shipments to arrive mid to late august.

Anyone have insights to who might have some of the 2020 21' boats in inventory yet?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe the dealers are trying to figure out how many boats they can order and sell once they can have access to the new inventory.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe the dealers are trying to figure out how many boats they can order and sell once they can have access to the new inventory.

That would be exactly it, and it would take a year like this one for them to even consider this sort of tactic. I am blown away to see that listing from River Valley. The market in MN must be totally dry since they have that published.

What, what's that I smell, a 2021 rumor thread starting in June? OH BOY! Let me get this ball rolling.

First off we need to see the underwater swimdeck seats of the 275 series moved down to the 242 series, or a new 250/252 line released with them and paddle controls. Or at least offer the seats as an option for those of us with no money to purchase and install on our 9-10 year old boats. Cuz were just ghetto that way.

Who else wants to hijack this thread into a rumor mill? Post up your wants and desires. River Valley is sending in comments before production starts!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I feel like I should sell my boat now - could probably make a few thousand dollars!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait till the price increase for 2021,

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think anyone is putting deposits down on 2021 models, if that is what the dealer is requesting, then I agree with you, but between lost production and increase in demand plenty of dealers don't have any 2020 models in inventory to sell. There is nothing you can do except wait or expand your search radius.

To the OP. The SX/AR 210s are base model Yamahas, so I doubt anything radical happens in 2021. Those kind of changes would happen in the 24' boats or higher end models and then trickle down. So if you find a used 2017-2019 for sale I wouldn't wait to see what 2021 models might offer, because chances are that there won't be anything different.
Actually, I put a $500 deposit on a new 2021 AR195. All 2020 are sold out across the country (from what I was told). Even though I put a deposit, it only holds my spot for when they come in (I am told maybe in August). There is no release date, no color chart, nothing on any info. All I know is that this 2020 model AR190 and AR195 are all gone. Yamaha is working to get the 2021 out very soon to curb demand for them. This is what I am being told from 3 major dealers in Florida.

Cm12087

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I've contacted 2 of the local dealers in NE Ohio and have been told something similar. No chance at finding anything in a 2020 model however they will be honoring 2020 pricing for a deposit on a 2021 model.

I am a little skeptical to throw a deposit down just to "get in line" for a 2021 personally. However, if they introduce a 240/250 FSH well then take my $$$

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually, I put a $500 deposit on a new 2021 AR195. All 2020 are sold out across the country (from what I was told). Even though I put a deposit, it only holds my spot for when they come in (I am told maybe in August). There is no release date, no color chart, nothing on any info. All I know is that this 2020 model AR190 and AR195 are all gone. Yamaha is working to get the 2021 out very soon to curb demand for them. This is what I am being told from 3 major dealers in Florida.
Did the dealer give you a price for the boat or was the 500.00 deposit just to hold your spot. I can see a lot of BS going on and dealerships using the corona virus as an excuse to jack up pricing because of "limited availability". Only way that I would put a deposit on anything is if there was an agreement on pricing.

Seems like this dealer has inventory or their website isn't updated.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've contacted 2 of the local dealers in NE Ohio and have been told something similar. No chance at finding anything in a 2020 model however they will be honoring 2020 pricing for a deposit on a 2021 model.

I am a little skeptical to throw a deposit down just to "get in line" for a 2021 personally. However, if they introduce a 240/250 FSH well then take my $$$

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The $500 I put down is refundable. They told me the price may go up $1,000 from 2020 prices, but nothing solid.

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did the same, dealer could not give an exact date of availability but suggested late August or September. He would know better after the August Yamaha Dealer Conference. Most likely there will be an increase of up to 3% above the 2020 boat price. Just sitting back and waiting. Already secured my slip and bought a boatlift.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at Yamaha boats for 3+ years now and have got to the point that I'm ready to make the plunge. After talking with a few dealers, seems like the Corona has helped demand and the 2020's are basically sold out. Some dealers are starting to take holds for '21 boats.

I'm most interested in a SX210.

Is there any info starting to circulate on the 2021 Models?
Also, anyone know of availability (new or 2017+ used)?

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like this will be the post to keep all of us in the loop. I keep checking in on any breaking news from Yamaha.