• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From Conroe, Tx. My local dealer called me that they have one 195S. I had previously put some deposit to be inline. Otd price was 47,765. I told them I will pass. I will wait now for 2021 and probably even a little more for supply and demand to stabilize.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good call, that price feels a bit heavy for the 195S OTD, My AR210 OTD was $42k with safety package and a few other things when I closed first part of May I struck the deal in April with incentives.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Waiting is best, pricing is so odd right now. I made a $42k OTD offer on a 2021 Chaparral 21 ssi I found. They didn’t even counter and it wasn’t a low ball offer. I’ll hold out for the 2021’s, but I’m not going to get sucked in to paying the current 2020 msrp. They make that sound like a good deal, things will stabilize over the winter and they will want to move stock.

Also, if you check used boat prices on like nada, they are wayyyyy lower than what people are selling used for right now. Boats usually depreciate quickly. It’s a great time to get out from a boat if you have one though. Time may be running out to do so.

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Don't know about boats deprecating that much, I just sold my 2017 195 Tournament Edition bass boat and got my price, actually got what I paid for it new, except added a couple of upgraded options. Personally I think with this pandemic more and more people are looking to get out as a family unit so what better way then boating or camping.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't know about boats deprecating that much, I just sold my 2017 195 Tournament Edition bass boat and got my price, actually got what I paid for it new, except added a couple of upgraded options. Personally I think with this pandemic more and more people are looking to get out as a family unit so what better way then boating or camping.
Absolutely agree!

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree that more people are looking for family activities. Boats depreciate rapidly under regular circumstances though, this is the optimal time to be a seller.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree that more people are looking for family activities. Boats depreciate rapidly under regular circumstances though, this is the optimal time to be a seller.
Im in Florida in the Clearwater area and people want new prices for used boats. Seems to hold value pretty good here.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess it depends on the market, I live in Ohio. Things aren’t normal right now with the demand or anything in the world for that matter lol

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good call, that price feels a bit heavy for the 195S OTD, My AR210 OTD was $42k with safety package and a few other things when I closed first part of May I struck the deal in April with incentives.
This gives me hope to find something new in my budget when things calm down. Originally I thought 40 otd for an sx210, but I’d be happy at 42k for an sx or ar.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in Sebastian, FL and I agree people are asking top dollar for their boats and getting it, its crazy :cool:
Hopefully the madness will end soon, ready for less crowds!

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are the chances of the 24's getting an update or refresh in 21. Seems like they are about due. Maybe going electronic throttle across the board? Any chance of a hull update or are they pretty solid now with the rudder and keel? Maybe new powerplants?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Possibly 24's have been mentioned are due, but there is no way to tell. After the Dealer Virtual Event which is slated for sometime for mid to late August, hopefully, there will be more information. Hopefully we will get info at that time and see some new boats by the end of August.

JS74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys,

Brand new to forum.

Trying to decide between a 2021 sx 190 and the sx 195. I know most of the the differences, but is the extra chunk of change really worth it? I'm thinking the 195s would hold their value better than the 190s?

I have been reading about the heat soak issues on the older models? Anybody had any issues with some of the most recent models?

Also anybody ever heard of putting an AR tower on a SX? I've seen guys swapping out the AR bench seat for a captains chair, but can't find anything about putting AR towers on SX models.

Attached is the colors for the 2021 models. My dealer said they are getting 6 19 foot boats delivered at the end of the month.

I guess yamaha is rushing 19 foot boats cause there are not many changes.

Thanks

Attachments

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Evening all,
I spoke with Yamaha tech support about running the transducer cable to the helm station. During the conversation I asked about a possible release date for the 2021 models. He said he was just informed on Monday that the new boats will be released mid to late August depending on the location and dealer ranking. Could not advise on upgrades or colors.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey Guys,
Brand new to forum.
Welcome!
Trying to decide between a 2021 sx 190 and the sx 195. I know most of the the differences, but is the extra chunk of change really worth it? I'm thinking the 195s would hold their value better than the 190s?
Depends on your needs. The 195 series has a supercharged engine which makes about 70hp more and a larger jetpump to get more thrust. That translates to more acceleration and higher top speed, but at the cost of premium fuel.
I have been reading about the heat soak issues on the older models? Anybody had any issues with some of the most recent models?
Heat soak was an issue with the older supercharged intercoolers on the 192 series. The 195 series has a larger and more effective intercooler and works well. Heat soak isn't really an issue with normally aspirated engines.
Also anybody ever heard of putting an AR tower on a SX? I've seen guys swapping out the AR bench seat for a captains chair, but can't find anything about putting AR towers on SX models.
The towers are about $3000 and you'll need to add materials to mount it properly. If you want the tower, get the AR model and consider getting a chair (or the "195s" premium model with tower and 2 chairs). The chair is a LOT easier and cheaper mod than the tower.
Glad we bought this year, don't like the 2021 colours for the 212 series - yuck! :D

Good luck with your decision and enjoy!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heard from a little birdy a few weeks ago that the 24' line is being dropped..... Now will be a 25' (including the FSH) 😁