• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heard from a little birdy a few weeks ago that the 24' line is being dropped..... Now will be a 25' (including the FSH) šŸ˜
oh big news! a 24'/25' in a FSH model is going to be a big gamechanger.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at Yamaha boats for 3+ years now and have got to the point that I'm ready to make the plunge. After talking with a few dealers, seems like the Corona has helped demand and the 2020's are basically sold out. Some dealers are starting to take holds for '21 boats.

I'm most interested in a SX210.

Is there any info starting to circulate on the 2021 Models?
Also, anyone know of availability (new or 2017+ used)?
Figured I'd give a bit of an updated since I started this thread. After looking at the different boats at my local dealers, we decided the 24' version was our favorite...we value the extra space (and porta potty) option over the upgrades in a 212. So I decided that we would likely be waiting for a 2021. Well, in my searching around, I basically stumbled across an 2020 AR240 that had just arrived at a dealer about 3 Hrs away. We made a deal on that and will be picking it up tomorrow. Pretty excited. If the rumors are true and 2021 goes to a 25', I'm even happier since the 24' is plenty big and pushing the limits on where we have to store it (plus I'm guess in pretty big jump in $$). Here's hoping things pan out well on the 2020 and I don't get '21 envy!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JohnB "Bird in Hand".....

If there is a 25' footer coming out that would awesome, but the $$ not so much. All things being equal it would also depend on the engine and redesign. The boat is most likely going to be heavier as well, probably 300lbs min I would guess. Let em work out the bugs for a couple years and maybe then ;)

Congrats on the boat.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Figured I'd give a bit of an updated since I started this thread. After looking at the different boats at my local dealers, we decided the 24' version was our favorite...we value the extra space (and porta potty) option over the upgrades in a 212. So I decided that we would likely be waiting for a 2021. Well, in my searching around, I basically stumbled across an 2020 AR240 that had just arrived at a dealer about 3 Hrs away. We made a deal on that and will be picking it up tomorrow. Pretty excited. If the rumors are true and 2021 goes to a 25', I'm even happier since the 24' is plenty big and pushing the limits on where we have to store it (plus I'm guess in pretty big jump in $$). Here's hoping things pan out well on the 2020 and I don't get '21 envy!
I originally wanted a AR210 and ended up with a AR240. Love the boat. I think you will be happy with it. Plan on a speaker upgrade, itā€™s the only thing really lacking. Caveat would be if you really are wanting to wake surf. Weā€™ve done some wake boarding and tubing with the stock set up, itā€™s been great. Tried wake surfing, it will work but you canā€™t let go of the rope, maybe someone really light could go rope less, for us bigger folk you need the surf fins to clean the wake and probably a ballast bag on the swim deck to go rope less.

Donā€™t bother me though, I bought the boat for a family run about. Kids arenā€™t old enough to do anything but tube. We love the space to bring along extra friends, coolers, floatables etc.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I originally wanted a AR210 and ended up with a AR240. Love the boat. I think you will be happy with it. Plan on a speaker upgrade, itā€™s the only thing really lacking. Caveat would be if you really are wanting to wake surf. Weā€™ve done some wake boarding and tubing with the stock set up, itā€™s been great. Tried wake surfing, it will work but you canā€™t let go of the rope, maybe someone really light could go rope less, for us bigger folk you need the surf fins to clean the wake and probably a ballast bag on the swim deck to go rope less.

Donā€™t bother me though, I bought the boat for a family run about. Kids arenā€™t old enough to do anything but tube. We love the space to bring along extra friends, coolers, floatables etc.
The size of the 24' is what sold us. Wanted to be able to bring along another family. Interested in surfing in the future, but figure that is something that I will look into this winter. (gotta have some Christmas present ideas). Likely to get the Yammy surf kit and some FatSacs to weight her down. Both of our kids are <100 lbs, so probably easier to get them going.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The size of the 24' is what sold us. Wanted to be able to bring along another family. Interested in surfing in the future, but figure that is something that I will look into this winter. (gotta have some Christmas present ideas). Likely to get the Yammy surf kit and some FatSacs to weight her down. Both of our kids are <100 lbs, so probably easier to get them going.
Pretty much what sold us as well. Wife wanted a pontoon, I wanted a go fast boat (I could never afford that anyway) so this was the compromise. We can pretty comfortably can get 8 adults and two kids in the boat. After that it starts to get tight with everyoneā€™s bags/coolers. Max Iā€™ve done is 10 adults. Still wasnā€™t bad. I noticed after 5/6 adults is when you start to see the top speed/gas mileage drop off.

I bet the kids could get up no problem if they know how to surf. I got a buddy who tags along often who has been surfing is entire life. He bought a cheapish wake surf board just to try it out. Heā€™s 190 ish pounds, got right up with maybe 1/3 throttle push, he was right on the edge of being able to toss the rope. 3/4 tank of gas, probably 1000lbs of pax/gear, had everyone sit in the back to try to help the wake out.
Iā€™m not a surfer but I think the biggest issue was the ā€œdirtyā€ wake.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey Guys,

Brand new to forum.

Trying to decide between a 2021 sx 190 and the sx 195. I know most of the the differences, but is the extra chunk of change really worth it? I'm thinking the 195s would hold their value better than the 190s?

I have been reading about the heat soak issues on the older models? Anybody had any issues with some of the most recent models?

Also anybody ever heard of putting an AR tower on a SX? I've seen guys swapping out the AR bench seat for a captains chair, but can't find anything about putting AR towers on SX models.

Attached is the colors for the 2021 models. My dealer said they are getting 6 19 foot boats delivered at the end of the month.

I guess yamaha is rushing 19 foot boats cause there are not many changes.

Thanks
Great post. I love the new colors, especially the AR195 colors. As far as mounting a tower to a SX, Iā€™m not sure why that would be a consideration. Just go with the AR. By the time you invest in a tower (which you can get cheaper than the upgrade to an AR), then all the mounting modifications, you likely wouldnā€™t save that much unless you have no value to your own labor. Plus there would be no chance it would ever look as good as the AR which is designed and integrated with the tower. Just my opinion, of course. Good luck!!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Welcome!

Depends on your needs. The 195 series has a supercharged engine which makes about 70hp more and a larger jetpump to get more thrust. That translates to more acceleration and higher top speed, but at the cost of premium fuel.

Heat soak was an issue with the older supercharged intercoolers on the 192 series. The 195 series has a larger and more effective intercooler and works well. Heat soak isn't really an issue with normally aspirated engines.

The towers are about $3000 and you'll need to add materials to mount it properly. If you want the tower, get the AR model and consider getting a chair (or the "195s" premium model with tower and 2 chairs). The chair is a LOT easier and cheaper mod than the tower.
Glad we bought this year, don't like the 2021 colours for the 212 series - yuck! :D

Good luck with your decision and enjoy!
Yeah, totally agree with this, including the colors of the 212 series. I do like the colors of the AR195ā€™s though and that Black Cherry 275SD looks really nice. Would be nice to have that bad boy in the budget.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone have an idea when I would be able to get a deal (2k) below MSRP on a new AR210? Any chance I could get that sort of deal at a Spring boat show?

thank you

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have an idea when I would be able to get a deal (2k) below MSRP on a new AR210? Any chance I could get that sort of deal at a Spring boat show?

thank you
Iā€™m also on the hunt for an ar210 or sx210. I think an offer 2k below msrp is reasonable. Iā€™m not sure how boat shows will go this winter/spring with covid, but I think a dealer would strike a deal for something they have in stock at 2k below msrp once they serve the buyers who arenā€™t patient and will pay top dollar.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wouldnt hold your breath. No way tell what is going to happen. If demand starts to surge in late winter, you will be lucky to even get MSRP. If the virus swings around again this winter it could be more of the same. Also you are buying a depreciable asset for a purpose. If not getting under msrp is the tipping point for whether you purchase or not you should way that against the lost memories and enjoyment you would miss.

My recommendation, if u are serios at buying a boat is to grab the first one you can get that is the boat you want, then you can enjoy it for years to come.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wouldnt hold your breath. No way tell what is going to happen. If demand starts to surge in late winter, you will be lucky to even get MSRP. If the virus swings around again this winter it could be more of the same. Also you are buying a depreciable asset for a purpose. If not getting under msrp is the tipping point for whether you purchase or not you should way that against the lost memories and enjoyment you would miss.
All valid points, Iā€™m ready to pay msrp if I need too. Iā€™m hoping that living in Ohio, which has a limited boating season may give me a chance to get a good deal around Christmas once all the pre-order people are taken care of and they have stock on the floor. It may be wishful thinking, but itā€™s worth seeing how things pan out. @HangOutdoors the main reason Iā€™m leaning sx210 is a slight edge on the price and the Bimini top. How do you like the seating configuration on your ar210 and do you have a top for shade? Part of the reason Iā€™m not in a hurry this year is because we have a 3 month old, but she should be walking and be able to go on some easy cruises next season as long as she can have some shade.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love the seating and yes it comes with a bimini top. I am also rigging up a patio shade sail ike i saw on one of the threads here both on bow and stern so i have full boat shade. Towers give more marketability on resale, also i have fishing rod rocket launchers attached to the tower.

Last edited:

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All valid points, Iā€™m ready to pay msrp if I need too. Iā€™m hoping that living in Ohio, which has a limited boating season may give me a chance to get a good deal around Christmas once all the pre-order people are taken care of and they have stock on the floor. It may be wishful thinking, but itā€™s worth seeing how things pan out. @HangOutdoors the main reason Iā€™m leaning sx210 is a slight edge on the price and the Bimini top. How do you like the seating configuration on your ar210 and do you have a top for shade? Part of the reason Iā€™m not in a hurry this year is because we have a 3 month old, but she should be walking and be able to go on some easy cruises next season as long as she can have some shade.
We have a 8 month old, some cheap shade options for ya if you want to just float or hit the sandbar, a beach tent in the table pole mount on the back, if your boat has one, and a foldable clam shell beach tent type thing that fits in the bow with the filler cushions in. For under $50 you got a spot for the little one to nap and place to sit with your feet in the water with the little one.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have a 8 month old, some cheap shade options for ya if you want to just float or hit the sandbar, a beach tent in the table pole mount on the back, if your boat has one, and a foldable clam shell beach tent type thing that fits in the bow with the filler cushions in. For under $50 you got a spot for the little one to nap and place to sit with your feet in the water with the little one.
Any images of this in action? The bow idea is intriguing

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any images of this in action? The bow idea is intriguing
This is our set up, I donā€™t have any pictures of just the tent but it fits up there perfectly. I toss a back pack full of towels in the front of the tent to help weight it down, and a cooler in the walk though area up so if the little one rolls over while napping so she canā€™t fall onto the floor.

DBD74A3D-834E-4B6A-AF7F-87EA893AFD9B.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sealegs89 Don't count on living in Ohio to insulate those dealers. My dealer here in Michigan has sold to 3 members I believe so far from way out of state. Somehow they had a few boats come in or in the back room. ;) One member was driving up today to pick it up. People are traveling to get their boats wherever they need to.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Sealegs89 Don't count on living in Ohio to insulate those dealers. My dealer here in Michigan has sold to 3 members I believe so far from way out of state. Somehow they had a few boats come in or in the back room. ;) One member was driving up today to pick it up. People are traveling to get their boats wherever they need to.
I guess time will tell, I see a case for the market to flood and prices to drive down or like you said, high demand for some time. Normal has gone out the window lol

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The tent in the bow is a great idea. Initially, I was wondering if I should look in to a cuddy for the little one, but fell in love with the design and value of the Yamahaā€™s. Iā€™ve seen some portable battery powered or usb powered a/cā€™s. Not sure if they are any good, but it might keep a tent cool in the bow.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see aggressive pricing on new models, I would consider upgrading to a 25 or a 212s, but I don't think it going to. Yamaha has a habit of not over supplying the pipeline. They are pretty smart and I am sure way ahead of our conjecture. I think that there will be a lot of used boats flooding the market, no doubt. But the way Yamaha can combat that is for some innovation and features which would increase the demand for the new ones. Then they maintain a good level by controlling supply. If they shit the bed and push out a ton of new boats that will hurt them in 21 as well as be more crippling in 2022. Which could ultimately go to a collapse in sales if the finite number of available and able boaters dries up as time goes along. With yearly increases there is a certain point that someone is not going to pay 60+k for an AR or SX 210. They are pretty savvy. Keep in mind that the financial repercussions of this pandemic won't be felt truly for another 1-2 years when it is time to pay the piper with all the free money and checks the government wrote out on our backs without a plan for repayment. I am not stating that it was wrong, and I believe it helped a great many people and was needed, but sooner or later the tab will come and need to be paid which will most likely cause us to slide down hill as a whole. When that happens, not sure where 50-80k new boat sales fit into the mix. That is why when I am asked I say "Find the boat, buy it now, don't get hung up on MSRP or whatever, make memories". My memories are the same whether I spend 43k for a boat or 80k for a boat. Albeit I look better in the 80k boat, and younger. ;)

Last edited: