• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 252 FSH looks awesome. Definitely looking forward to getting into one and looking around as well as some solid member reviews.
On one of your posts you mentioned that your 210 gets a little tossed on lake michigan. I was originally going to upgrade to a 21’, but you helped me decide to go big!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Drag It handles fine for the most part but you can get bounced a bit in 3+ footers, which I don't go out in but may encounter and have to head back to shore.. I am also looking at the AR250 for the same reason, plus the extended range and larger tank. The FSH range should be awesome I would think. Maybe 230+- miles. Great for a day on the Great lakes.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aluminum frame with galvanized axles and tongue?...interesting.
Congrats!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might be a little slow figuring this out... but it seems to me the 242XE just got downgraded...

Let's say you want a 242 with N/A 1.8L engines, and the large metal frame bimini. Simple that's the 242SE. Great!

But now let's say you want the 252 with N/A 1.8L , large metal frame bimini, and ballast. It doesn't exist in the lineup... the 252XE is now more comparable to a 250 with E features and ballast. No tower upgrade. It also appears to lack the convertible lounges of the 252SE and 255XE. The drop down to the 252XE is more significant than just the engine upgrade apparently. The 252XE also seem to lack many of the upgrades that were a part of the 242XE.

I'm also noticing there's no 255SE. The 255 is exclusive to the wake series.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might be a little slow figuring this out... but it seems to me the 242XE just got downgraded...

Let's say you want a 242 with N/A 1.8L engines, and the large metal frame bimini. Simple that's the 242SE. Great!

But now let's say you want the 252 with N/A 1.8L , large metal frame bimini, and ballast. It doesn't exist in the lineup... the 252XE is now more comparable to a 250 with E features and ballast. No tower upgrade. It also appears to lack the convertible lounges of the 252SE and 255XE. The drop down to the 252XE is more significant than just the engine upgrade apparently. The 252XE also seem to lack many of the upgrades that were a part of the 242XE.

I'm also noticing there's no 255SE. The 255 is exclusive to the wake series.
I know what you’re saying. I’m a little disappointed with the line up.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD I see where you are coming from. I personally am not a big fan of the convertible lounges the more I look at them for our use case and for using the boat with heavy water sports. The price went up but it does appear to be downgraded as you put it over the 242XE.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I also wasn’t too keen on convertible lounges; however, never actually tried them on the water. I never really understood the large metal framed Bimini. Isn’t basically a hard top, but not. Seems if you have all that metal structure, just put a roof on it. Again, never owned one with that, so I could be missing something and probably am.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also wasn’t too keen on convertible lounges; however, never actually tried them on the water. I never really understood the large metal framed Bimini. Isn’t basically a hard top, but not. Seems if you have all that metal structure, just put a roof on it. Again, never owned one with that, so I could be missing something and probably am.
Each have their benefits, the structure is there. I like the idea of the removable canvas, I could see the the fiberglass/gel coat top start to show sun damage and fading after a few years. Whereas it's pretty much assumed that after 7-10 years you'll just be able to replace your canvas as good as new. It's much easier to repair/replace.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Each have their benefits, the structure is there. I like the idea of the removable canvas, I could see the the fiberglass/gel coat top start to show sun damage and fading after a few years. Whereas it's pretty much assumed that after 7-10 years you'll just be able to replace your canvas as good as new. It's much easier to repair/replace.
That’s a good point and something that had occurred to me. So far the wake tower with the Bimini seems to be the perfect balance. Thank you for your insight!!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yamaha was setting up a demo at my local launch today. I was there early so I couldn't board but I gotta say the 25 footers look good
Nice. Where is the dealer? Take some more pics of the 255 fsh if you can.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Nice. Where is the dealer? Take some more pics of the 255 fsh if you can.
Lake Wylie SC. Not sure what their inventory is like. This looked like a Yamaha event

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was just there as well, and it was the Yamaha 2021 promo tour. They said 4-6 weeks (hopefully) on the 25 foot models, but they said the FSH models won't be ready until February. Nothing confirmed though.