• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Played golf this beautiful afternoon while still having a great sales day. The went to the theater and say “Unhinged” for our first movie experience in a while. Great day as we are ready to pick up our 212s.

Dealer sent these pics while it was being detailed. First 2021 Yamaha they’ve seen as they only got this boat so far from there Early Release order. They are still waiting on 10 more boats. The say the new Suede interior is super nice. The flooring has a teak wood-style complete with a wood grain look. I will post more pics once we have it picked up.
View attachment 131108
View attachment 131109
Is this the 212S or 212SD? I only ask as I went to put a deposit on this color of the 212S and it appears that Yamaha has made an adjustment to the previous early release brochure.

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is this the 212S or 212SD? I only ask as I went to put a deposit on this color of the 212S and it appears that Yamaha has made an adjustment to the previous early release brochure.
It is definitely the 212s. We picked her up today and spent all day at Lake of the Ozarks. She’s beautiful, fast and we got many compliments on the interior especially. The dealer guys, some who have been around for almost two decades, thought it was great. First 2021 they have received. Pretty much same as the ‘20 with new colors, but does have stainless steel drain plug and a set-up to secure the table in the storage locker. They thought those were definite improvements.

I was shocked how much bigger she is compared to our GTS187. The integrated swim deck is much better than the bolt on swim platform. At 2’ longer and 4” wider than the 195s, it is way bigger. Looks huge in our driveway, no way close to going in a garage. Crazy that our Glaston fit.

Incredible boat and cannot wait to get her out on our home lake. Even as big as she is relatively speaking, I hated most of our ride on Lake of the Ozarks. If you never been there, you cannot imagine the chop. Huge 30+’ boats running fast everywhere. Has to be better than a 19 footer, but not much. We got beat up for much of our ride. Even when we went out later on my buddies 31” SeaRay, after we got her on the trailer, it was kind of rough on that. That’s just not fun for me and I don’t like feeling like she’s taking a beating.

It’s cool and all seeing the million dollar plus boats. The giant cigarette boats are incredible. However, our Yamaha was in need of some calmer water. It’s super late, but I will get lots of pictures in and out of the water tomorrow. I will post them up when we get home. Finally a Yamaha boat owner!! Add this to the R1 bike and VMax Snowmobile.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Cyclonegrey I will definitely do that. Let her know it has a super classy look and we got many of that exact comment at the lake. The grey almost has a bit of silver to it and goes great with the grey/silver tower. The trim on the windshield now matches the tower too which brings it all together. The earth tones, Suede and Mocha brown were a pleasant surprise how well they go with the color scheme. I think it will also be great on the 195s in grey and black cherry too.

mikeshanklin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's awesome @mikeshanklin! Did you have a deposit down on a pre-oder? Just curious how long you've been waiting for?
I did put down a deposit of $500 about 2 months ago. This boat wasn't even supposed to be mine but the person in front of my in line failed financing so I ended up getting the boat! Hope that helps.

Spainkilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My dealer Wow i was next in line to get a 195s and now that the yamaha factory is sort on parts and have alot of nick nack parts on backorder... i guess im taking my pair of 2019 seadoos to lake Havasu on labor day then👁️‍🗨️

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Spainkilla That sucks. Hang in there. I would probably be in that same boat, no pun intended, had we opted to wait for the 195s we originally had our name on. I had a feeling when they said by the end of the month, though maybe my dealer will actually get one this week yet. I hope you’re not waiting much longer!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Spainkilla That sucks. Hang in there. I would probably be in that same boat, no pun intended, had we opted to wait for the 195s we originally had our name on. I had a feeling when they said by the end of the month, though maybe my dealer will actually get one this week yet. I hope you’re not waiting much longer!
I’ve been waiting for my pre—release 195s for a month now. The dealer (Team Winnebago) advertised that it’ll be here guaranteed before end of boating season. That’s getting pretty close though. I’m now debating about just waiting and getting a 212s for next year. I’m torn with the standard 19 vs 21 issues: cost, size, garaging, 2nd boat syndrome, etc.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ve been waiting for my pre—release 195s for a month now. The dealer (Team Winnebago) advertised that it’ll be here guaranteed before end of boating season. That’s getting pretty close though. I’m now debating about just waiting and getting a 212s for next year. I’m torn with the standard 19 vs 21 issues: cost, size, garaging, 2nd boat syndrome, etc.
I’ll be honest. Just got my 19’ took it out This weekend for the first time with 4 people in the boat. After a few bumps and moving around people I was questioning myself on not getting the 21’. At that moment tho when I put a deposit down I was like man is it worth the extra 17-18k for 2 feet? Then the answer was no. I think it will take some getting used to. I love my boat. If we upgrade in a few years so we might lose a few bucks. For a first boat I Think we made the right call. I decided I didn’t want the boat to take up the entire garage and found storage. No limit on space here

Attachments

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ll be honest. Just got my 19’ took it out This weekend for the first time with 4 people in the boat. After a few bumps and moving around people I was questioning myself on not getting the 21’. At that moment tho when I put a deposit down I was like man is it worth the extra 17-18k for 2 feet? Then the answer was no. I think it will take some getting used to. I love my boat. If we upgrade in a few years so we might lose a few bucks. For a first boat I Think we made the right call. I decided I didn’t want the boat to take up the entire garage and found storage. No limit on space here
Thanks for your honest opinion. I’m still debating.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are on the fence, go bigger if you can swing it. I should of went 24' from the start. Now we are looking at the 25' once I can get my hands on one and see what it is all about, if i am not impressed, I will be buying a used 24' and selling our 21'. Even speed is mitigatable, so one boat will get somewhere a little bit quicker or longer. Size you can't really absorb. It is what it is.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
The 212 is our first boat as well and it's mostly for my wife and me. I have 3 kids, but 1 is in college, 1 is an HS senior, and the other is in 6th grade. The two youngest go out with us, but we bought it for the two of us to enjoy together. We don't plan to take friends around often, but it's nice to have the space. For us the selling points of the 21' were more space to move around and stretch out, bigger rear deck, twin motors, two table mounts, and tandem axle trailer. We initially started wanting the SX210, but after comparing features and aesthetic upgrades that we'd want, the 212 made sense. Whenever we sell, I anticipate the depreciation will be about the same between the 19' and 21', so we'll get a chunk of that extra cost back then. The 19' would have fit in my garage with some effort, but that wasn't enough to justify the smaller boat. On the water the 21' feels the right size and it's been easy to maneuver on and off the trailer.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are on the fence, go bigger if you can swing it. I should of went 24' from the start. Now we are looking at the 25' once I can get my hands on one and see what it is all about, if i am not impressed, I will be buying a used 24' and selling our 21'. Even speed is mitigatable, so one boat will get somewhere a little bit quicker or longer. Size you can't really absorb. It is what it is.
Have you compared your 21 to the new 21’s. Is the hull any
The 212 is our first boat as well and it's mostly for my wife and me. I have 3 kids, but 1 is in college, 1 is an HS senior, and the other is in 6th grade. The two youngest go out with us, but we bought it for the two of us to enjoy together. We don't plan to take friends around often, but it's nice to have the space. For us the selling points of the 21' were more space to move around and stretch out, bigger rear deck, twin motors, two table mounts, and tandem axle trailer. We initially started wanting the SX210, but after comparing features and aesthetic upgrades that we'd want, the 212 made sense. Whenever we sell, I anticipate the depreciation will be about the same between the 19' and 21', so we'll get a chunk of that extra cost back then. The 19' would have fit in my garage with some effort, but that wasn't enough to justify the smaller boat. On the water the 21' feels the right size and it's been easy to maneuver on and off the trailer.
dang! You guys are doing a pretty good job of convincing me. I’m like 90% there to go big:)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Drag My 21' is an 2020 AR210 about 3.5 months old, so the hull is the same as the 2021 model year. I am looking at the 25' footers since we do a lot of boating in the Great Lakes and plan on crossing the great lakes for some trips. The higher freeboard, added weight and larger fuel tank punch a lot of boxes on things that would be better for our use case.

Ya go bigger, it is the only thing you really can't change or modify.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Was in a similar spot and opted for the 212s. For me power is important and not just something that can be upgraded easily. On all my vehicles, bikes and boats I’ve always gone with the biggest motor option. With my bike, I was going to go R6 and the dealer convinced me to do the R1 and I was so happy I did.

I never opt for a V6 when I can get a V8. So if 19’ go for the 195, but you get power and space with the 212. The 212s is a big boat unless you go on the ocean, Great Lakes or Lake of the Ozarks. However, you will find even a 25 footer gets tossed quite often on those bodies of water too. If it’s a serious contemplation, I would size go bigger.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d get the 21ft over the 19ft but looking at the prices of the 212 I’d go with the 25ft over the 212. I never intended the boat to be stored in the garage. I like using my garage for cars so storage wasn’t an issue for me. If you go 25ft the only issue would be tow vehicle for that you’ll need a truck or large SUV. I towed AR210 with a Ford Explorer and it towed great. I now have a Tahoe with a cybertruck on order so I don’t worry about towing. The other option is buy the 19ft and use it for a couple of years and see how you like it. If you decide you don’t use it as much as you thought then you’ll be glad you didn’t spend more on the 21 or 24.5ft. If you do love it then you can upgrade. It’s not like these boats depreciate that much. Good luck on whatever you decide!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’d get the 21ft over the 19ft but looking at the prices of the 212 I’d go with the 25ft over the 212. I never intended the boat to be stored in the garage. I like using my garage for cars so storage wasn’t an issue for me. If you go 25ft the only issue would be tow vehicle for that you’ll need a truck or large SUV. I towed AR210 with a Ford Explorer and it towed great. I now have a Tahoe with a cybertruck on order so I don’t worry about towing. The other option is buy the 19ft and use it for a couple of years and see how you like it. If you decide you don’t use it as much as you thought then you’ll be glad you didn’t spend more on the 21 or 24.5ft. If you do love it then you can upgrade. It’s not like these boats depreciate that much. Good luck on whatever you decide!
Interesting points. The ar250 is only 4K more than 212s. It tells me that the 212s probably is overpriced.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are going to get more speed and hole shot out of the 212s, look at the weight difference. Almost 500lbs, more in contact with the water probably and same engines, plus don't forget the weight of another 20 gallons of gas on the larger tank. So for the sake of argument lets go with 660 lbs, so 3-5 peoples worth of weight. Those who want additional speed, etc. The 212s price justifies for them. So load up the 212s with another 5 people and compare.

So basically for 4k more you get a bigger, slightly slower boat with longer range, a 4" taller freeboard, less finish inside, a true head compartment with less performance, but a new style. And a stupid floating dash panel (sorry, it annoys me on the SX and AR 250's) Pick your poison I guess.

None the less the AR250 ticks more boxes on how we are going to use the boat. In the end that is all that matters is your specific use case for your craft.

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are going to get more speed and hole shot out of the 212s, look at the weight difference. Almost 500lbs, more in contact with the water probably and same engines, plus don't forget the weight of another 20 gallons of gas on the larger tank. So for the sake of argument lets go with 660 lbs, so 3-5 peoples worth of weight. Those who want additional speed, etc. The 212s price justifies for them. So load up the 212s with another 5 people and compare.

So basically for 4k more you get a bigger, slightly slower boat with longer range, less finish inside, a true head compartment with less performance, but a new style. Pick your poison I guess.
The difference between the AR240 and 212 was about 2MPH. It will be interesting to see what this new design will run.