• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As for storage, I'm planning on getting one of these car ports to keep the boat under. It'll protect it from the rain, snow and sun. You can customize these in any width, length and height. You can select a bunch of colors for the roof, sides, trim, etc to match your boat or your house...LOL You can choose partial sides, or fully enclose them with any size garage doors if you want a garage/pole barn style building. You can add windows, one side gable, etc. They offer free shipping and installation. Prices don't look all that bad.

Something like this would work (but taller to accommodate the boat on the trailer)

Now that I am more awake, it does look like concrete. I don’t see any anchor points; is that structure heavy enough to stay down during heavy, strong winds? I really like the look overall.

Last edited:

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Now that I am more awake, it doesn’t look like concrete. I don’t see any anchor points; is that structure heavy enough to stay down during heavy, strong winds? I really like the look overall.
Im a professional contractor. Bolt that cover to the slab. Red Heads 1/2" x 4 " every 4' min.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Im a professional contractor. Bolt that cover to the slab. Red Heads 1/2" x 4 " every 4' min.
Sounds right. Thank you! I see these on gravel so they must anchor deep into the ground somehow for that application. Any idea what a 13x26 concrete pad would cost ballpark to have poured?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably looking at around $2k for the pad depending on location.

TONYSSCREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Now that I am more awake, it does look like concrete. I don’t see any anchor points; is that structure heavy enough to stay down during heavy, strong winds? I really like the look overall.
That pad appears to be poured concrete (i got the pic off their website). If you look at their website, if you upgrade from 14ga to 12ga they guarantee it for 20 years. You can also get it certified for winds up to 105 mph. With the right anchors, I don't see it going anywhere.....LOL

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sounds right. Thank you! I see these on gravel so they must anchor deep into the ground somehow for that application. Any idea what a 13x26 concrete pad would cost ballpark to have poured?
Im in Central Texas. Lots of variables but the short answer is, For flat work "4" thick only" I pay under $5 per sq ft with a minimum of 200 sq ft. If the slab is structural "needs footer" $10 - $25 per sq ft depending on the difficulty of the pour.

I have seen screw in anchors for car ports. If the soil is sandy or soft enough they would probably hold well.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That pad appears to be poured concrete (i got the pic off their website). If you look at their website, if you upgrade from 14ga to 12ga they guarantee it for 20 years. You can also get it certified for winds up to 105 mph. With the right anchors, I don't see it going anywhere.....LOL
Thank you! Website looks great and I love that they deliver and install for free here in Missouri. My neighbor probably won’t like it, but I don’t like their pool.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Im in Central Texas. Lots of variables but the short answer is, For flat work "4" thick only" I pay under $5 per sq ft with a minimum of 200 sq ft. If the slab is structural "needs footer" $10 - $25 per sq ft depending on the difficulty of the pour.

I have seen screw in anchors for car ports. If the soil is sandy or soft enough they would probably hold well.
Don’t think I will need structural. $5 per sq ft sounds reasonable. Thank you!!

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looking at the 2021 252XE vs 255XE. Anyone know if the 252 has the fixed metal canopy? (hard to tell from website and not shown on Julian's excellent comparison earlier)
Also curious from other X owners if the ballast bags accumulate mildew over time?

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Looking at the 2021 252XE vs 255XE. Anyone know if the 252 has the fixed metal canopy? (hard to tell from website and not shown on Julian's excellent comparison earlier)
Also curious from other X owners if the ballast bags accumulate mildew over time?
As far as I can tell neither the 252XE or the 255XE have metal canopies. Just canvas fabric.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks @jetivan , I should have been more clear - I'm referring to the large fixed canopy with the large metal frame (frame is similar to the wake tower).

I think I've answered my own question - the website shows the 255XE with "Extended" Bimini, while the 252XE just shows Bimini.

Still interested to hear from other X owners if the ballast bags accumulate mildew over time, or present any maintenance issues.

TONYSSCREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I figured a pad one foot wider all around on a 12*26 car port would be 14*28 or 392 square feet. One cubic yard of cement covers an area 81 square feet at 4 inches thick. So 5 yards would do 405 square feet. Not sure what the going rate is for cement but I'm going to guess $90-100 a yard and at least $80 delivery fee. I'll round that up to $600 delivered. Figure out where you want it, get 6 cubic yards of crushed concrete delivered, spread out over area and rent a tamper from Home Depot (or any other rental place). Once leveled and tamped, frame out the 14*28 area for the pad with 2x4's. Then get a nice straight 16' 2x4 and use it to screet across the 14' wide frame to level the the cement after the truck pours it. I'm sure Home Depot or other rental places also rent out floats and edging tools to finish it as well. Not sure how Handy you are, but I'll pour my own pad once I get a new boat... :D

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't have a problem with mildew with the fixed internal bags and portable Fatsacs. Key is to drain as much water and air dry as much as you can. End of the season, I connect a hose to the intake for the internal bags and flush with RV Anti-freeze (also lubricates pumps). For the indoor winter storage I cover, leave all compartments open, and place a bucket of Damprid (Home Depot) on the floor. No signs of any mildew or mold.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Don't have a problem with mildew with the fixed internal bags and portable Fatsacs. Key is to drain as much water and air dry as much as you can. End of the season, I connect a hose to the intake for the internal bags and flush with RV Anti-freeze (also lubricates pumps). For the indoor winter storage I cover, leave all compartments open, and place a bucket of Damprid (Home Depot) on the floor. No signs of any mildew or mold.
Thank you sir! Very helpful.

mikeshanklin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've had a deposit down for almost 7 weeks now, still waiting. AR195 :(

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Getting close to to picking up our new 212s. Our appointment is Saturday at 10am. I would like to be a bit more prepared then we were when we picked our Glastron two years ago; in fact, I would like to be totally prepared. Therefore, I am putting together a list of questions for our check-out.

As you all know, our Glastron did not have clean-out ports. I have no experience with these so that will be one of my first questions, though I am pretty sure they would cover that, at least would hope so. I am curious about the break-in period as it was 20 hours on our BRP with us being told to not exceed 5,000rpm and to avoid cruising at the same rpm for extended periods. We varied our rpms often and didn't exceed the 5k mark, but I haven't heard anything about these things with Yamaha. Actually, I believe I heard the Yamaha break-in period is only 10 hours. What is the restriction on rpm's if any? My kids have only wakeboarded once this summer and are so ready to get on the water.

Is there anything I need to make sure I have them show me when we pick-up? One of the great thing about this forum is that I know I always have a wealth of knowledge to draw upon after we are home with our new boat. We already have the Stoltz bow roller and our CE Smith lighted trailer guides. Probably won't leave the dealer's lot without installing the bow roller. Any advice is always greatly appreciated!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Getting close to to picking up our new 212s. Our appointment is Saturday at 10am. I would like to be a bit more prepared then we were when we picked our Glastron two years ago; in fact, I would like to be totally prepared. Therefore, I am putting together a list of questions for our check-out.

As you all know, our Glastron did not have clean-out ports. I have no experience with these so that will be one of my first questions, though I am pretty sure they would cover that, at least would hope so. I am curious about the break-in period as it was 20 hours on our BRP with us being told to not exceed 5,000rpm and to avoid cruising at the same rpm for extended periods. We varied our rpms often and didn't exceed the 5k mark, but I haven't heard anything about these things with Yamaha. Actually, I believe I heard the Yamaha break-in period is only 10 hours. What is the restriction on rpm's if any? My kids have only wakeboarded once this summer and are so ready to get on the water.

Is there anything I need to make sure I have them show me when we pick-up? One of the great thing about this forum is that I know I always have a wealth of knowledge to draw upon after we are home with our new boat. We already have the Stoltz bow roller and our CE Smith lighted trailer guides. Probably won't leave the dealer's lot without installing the bow roller. Any advice is always greatly appreciated!
You will get all sorts of responses on break in. Some of the largest dealers have not even advised on break in while others have. Honestly, after owning so many Yamaha motors, break in was programmed into the ECU on the latest. It limited itself for the first X hours. But your already prepared for varied RPM and no WOT, and that's good advice. With the big 1.8's, you probably won't have to use WOT to get your boarders up. In fact, a gentle pull on a wake board it better in my book. I hate getting the rope yanked out of my hands, i'm an old fat guy!

You should be good on the roller as well. As I am hearing the 2021's have shipped with some material between bow and roller. Nice bandaid!

Enjoy the experience, and don't let the little things bother you. Get it out and post pics back here.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Is it me or does all the electronics with no options of dials, knobs and switches, drive anyone else crazy???? Looking at a 2020 or 2021 AR240 or AR 250 and the whole idea of nothing but electronics basically running the whole boat kinda pisses me off. Would be nice to have options kinda like when buying a car or truck. Please convince me otherwise. Im thinking long term also, as in 5 year warranty goes out of date and now all of a sudden you have to replace the touchscreen instead of a speedo or tach or head unit.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You will get all sorts of responses on break in. Some of the largest dealers have not even advised on break in while others have. Honestly, after owning so many Yamaha motors, break in was programmed into the ECU on the latest. It limited itself for the first X hours. But your already prepared for varied RPM and no WOT, and that's good advice. With the big 1.8's, you probably won't have to use WOT to get your boarders up. In fact, a gentle pull on a wake board it better in my book. I hate getting the rope yanked out of my hands, i'm an old fat guy!

You should be good on the roller as well. As I am hearing the 2021's have shipped with some material between bow and roller. Nice bandaid!

Enjoy the experience, and don't let the little things bother you. Get it out and post pics back here.
Thank you! This is very helpful. What sort of oil change intervals do you recommend for the 1.8 HO motors?