• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 or 2022 Yamaha AR 190

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the bad news from my Dealer. He said Yamaha has stopped the 2021 production and they pushed me to 2022 waiting list. Thanks.

Stirns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi All, new to the forum and never drove a boat before.

I called few dealers last week and put a deposit for 2022 Yamaha AR190 at a dealer on 21Jun2021. They initially said they do not take deposit as 2022 information is not out yet. But I convinced them to take it as the rest of the USA is doing it 😉.

To my surprise, they called me yesterday saying a customer has backed off on an order and I can have 2021 Yamaha AR190 in 3 weeks. I was hoping to get a newer 2022 in July/August as I am the first in the list. And since technology changes so fast, newer model is always better.

Should I wait for a 2022 as it maybe few more weeks of wait?

Thank you for your feedback.
Hi - In which state is your dealership located? We had a similar thing happen. We got a call on 23 June 2021with the exact same sales pitch - a buyer had backed out. When we got to the dealership (6 hour drive), the contract price was 12,000 more than they quoted over the phone. One of the ridiculous upcharges was the destination fee - $1550 is Yamaha standard; they were asking $4700. We left without a boat and put a deposit on a 2022 locally that same day. Buyer beware!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi - In which state is your dealership located? We had a similar thing happen. We got a call on 23 June 2021with the exact same sales pitch - a buyer had backed out. When we got to the dealership (6 hour drive), the contract price was 12,000 more than they quoted over the phone. One of the ridiculous upcharges was the destination fee - $1550 is Yamaha standard; they were asking $4700. We left without a boat and put a deposit on a 2022 locally that same day. Buyer beware!
That is absurd. Didn't you ask the price before going out there?

Stirns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is absurd. Didn't you ask the price before going out there?
Of course we did! If you notice in my original post "the contract price was 12,000 more than they quoted over the phone."

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Stirns Its early, and I don't get to go boating today, so I am out of it. My bad didn't read that. I would be all over that dealer and its owner for pulling that shit.

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's in NC. The dealer seem to be nice. He did say it's $33549 with steel trailer. Plus $1600 for freight and prep. Plus Taxes and registration. Thank you.

AlexiaM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't buy the warranty now. Yamaha will start soliciting you in 6 months. I purchased my extended warranty through them at 10 months in and they discounted it to get me to bite, emails after emails kept coming, it saved me hundreds. You get 1 year for your new purchase. You are free to purchase the YES warranty up to 1 year after purchase. Also, when you buy it online they can do it as a credit card or they can give you up to 4 monthly payments which is what I did. You have the option of 1-4 Years on the extended warranty and then you can decide. Perhaps you don't like boating, or you want to go to a bigger boat, no way to tell right now how long you should buy your warranty.

As far as pricing for the boat, you get what you get right now, otherwise someone else is right behind you to get it. Of course trying doesn't hurt. See if they will throw in a Coast Guard safety kit (PFD's, rope, anchor, air horn, etc.) and also see if they will offer you a discount on anything you purchase from them directly for a period of time. 10-20% off stuff. Ask if they will throw in a free 10 hour service, which is a very important maintenance that needs to be done.

Some people don't buy warranties and that is fine. I do on big things. I may never need them, but If the engine goes that is 10k plus. Highly unlikely but I personally am not willing to take the risk. If anything, if you decide to sell, a warranty makes it more attractive and you can get a slightly higher price for it potentially.
We have a 2022 SX190 we are buying next week. The dealer told us about the YES warranty, and I had remembered your post. I told him we would have a year to decide to buy it, but the sales guy said if we don’t buy it at the dealer on the sale date, the price would go up if we decided to buy later. When did you buy your warranty? Now I’m torn about what to do. I don’t know if that was just a sales tactic to get me to buy upfront, or if it’s a policy change. Thanks for your help!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AlexiaM Well the price went down went I got it, I save about $600 i believe from what the dealer had available, would have to dig out the paperwork for the boat closing but it is pretty close. I kept getting emails at about 6 months and kept ignoring them. Then as the months went on the price started to drop a bit each month. Others on this forum have commented on the same. Never heard of it going up for anyone. I bought my warranty YES, In March of this year, 2021 for a boat I purchased on May 9th of 2020.

Highly doubt it is a policy change. Yamaha wants that warranty money, anything they can get is a plus for them since the majority of the warranties will never be used. The dealer is pushing you because they get a cut right now if they sell it at close. Warranties are close to pure profit for any company, that is why they try and sell as many as they can.

You need to do what is right for you. Who knows you may not even have the boat the full year and could upgrade it. Plus I wasn't going to finance the warranty into the loan. Put it on my credit card in 4 monthly payments.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's in NC. The dealer seem to be nice. He did say it's $33549 with steel trailer. Plus $1600 for freight and prep. Plus Taxes and registration. Thank you.
Was this chatlee?