• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha 252 SD Shower Pump Help

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Ask them if they can turn on the Tower speaker zone too
I don't have tower speakers but while messing with the controls, I did notice I can turn the tower zone on/off and up/down in the zone control just like the other zones. Are you saying you cannot?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't have tower speakers but while messing with the controls, I did notice I can turn the tower zone on/off and up/down in the zone control just like the other zones. Are you saying you cannot?
that is not an option on my boat.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Your software is definitely different than mine. I CANNOT turn the tower zone on/off or up/down in the zone control. It does show tower on the connext when I use one of the remote up/down buttons at the swim deck but no actual up/down indication on the screen. I did come across this screen on my boat after holding down the settings icon on the screen. I would be curious if yours shows 252SD on it. I’ll get a picture of the software version this weekend.
1622068760646.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What happens if you “recalculate model”

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Your software is definitely different than mine. I CANNOT turn the tower zone on/off or up/down in the zone control. It does show tower on the connext when I use one of the remote up/down buttons at the swim deck but no actual up/down indication on the screen. I did come across this screen on my boat after holding down the settings icon on the screen. I would be curious if yours shows 252SD on it. I’ll get a picture of the software version this weekend.
View attachment 151455
Turns out I do have a picture of the software on my 252SD. See photo below. 1622070052023.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sidebar question on the shower: Is anyone treating the shower water to control any bacterial growth?
Yes I got some stuff from west marine

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think exactly that.

KnucklDragr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wonder if you got the app for an XE instead of the SD.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would think so, but then he probably would have ballast options on the screen somewhere.

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Sidebar question on the shower: Is anyone treating the shower water to control any bacterial growth?
I bought these on amazon but it was a pain getting them in the tank.
1622144410165.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
just pour it in the end your garden hose before you attach it and fill up

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Turns out I do have a picture of the software on my 252SD. See photo below. View attachment 151456
Thanks for the pics and I think I've found the problem. Our software version matches but while your boat model says 252SD, mine says 255XE. And as everyone probably knows, the wake models don't have a shower so that explains that! That might also explain why I can toggle the tower speakers on and off even though I don't have any!
1622147672897.png
1622147700588.png

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Looks like you nailed it...hoping that's an easy fix. Going through my software, I was wondering why I had multiple acceleration profiles, target speed options, etc. Guess having the wrong software explains that LOL...

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks like you nailed it...hoping that's an easy fix. Going through my software, I was wondering why I had multiple acceleration profiles, target speed options, etc. Guess having the wrong software explains that LOL...
If I'm understanding you correctly, you should still have multiple acceleration profiles with target speed, etc. in your correct software. That's a feature of all E-series boats, not just wake boats. For example, my 252SE has room for 5 different profiles for tow sports where I can give each a name, set a target speed and set an acceleration profile. (Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you and you're seeing something else entirely.)