• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha 275 SD - where are the diagnostic ports?

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Morning all,

Recently bought a Yamaha 275 SD (love it), and had the break in maintenance performed by the dealer (don't love their service dept). Anyway they forgot to clear the maintenance codes, so I am still getting the annoying reminder. The dealer is a bit of a haul, so I ordered the software and cables to clear codes myself, I just don't know where to find the connection points on the boat. Thanks for your help.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the 275 series electronics layout, but in prior boats the ports #YDS were in one of 3 places:
  1. Above the ECUs in the engine compartment (210 series)
  2. Behind a panel under the starboard side cockpit seat (230 series)
  3. Behind the helm
The ports are grey. Here is an example of what you seek:

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thanks for replying. I will use this to hunt it down.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
What year is your boat? Also what is the msg it is giving you? If the problem has been fixed and its the “please see your dealer msg” on the connext then that will go away automatically. Over heat for instance. If you over heat then clear the blockage and your not overheating anymore it will give you the please see dealer msg on startup. After so many startups or eng hours the connext will stop bugging you about it.

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
The boat is a 2021. For instance I just took it in for the 10 hour break in maintenance and the connect is still telling me that it is due for maintenance. The trip to my local dealer is across the Chesapeake Bay, which can be troublesome when the seas aren't pretty flat. It took me 2 hours with 4-6 footers mid bay. I don't want to have to go back, which is why I ordered the yds cable and software.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I think you can reset that right on the connext. I would have to be in front of mine to see but i seem to remember there being a reset for that somewhere.

were you able to find the yds for the newest boats? I tried looking for that about a year ago and i didnt think you could get it. Cant remember but it stopped at a certain year

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I think you can reset that right on the connext. I would have to be in front of mine to see but i seem to remember there being a reset for that somewhere.

were you able to find the yds for the newest boats? I tried looking for that about a year ago and i didnt think
you could get it. Cant remember but it stopped at a certain year
Thanks!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Oh yes, i reset mine the other day. Right on the gear button then maybe wellness or something. Youll find it