• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats released today! no 24' yet though

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Has anyone picked up their new boat this week? I am hoping for Monday

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yeah.... We bought a new 2019 in suede grey as soon as we returned to San Diego in April.

Still haven't used it as I'm currently deployed on USS TRIPOLI (LHA 7). Boat has been in the shop getting the pole, sound system and a bunch of other stuff done to it. Should be done mid September. We miss Lake Travis and cant wait to get out to Lake Havasu in September.
Sick mods! Can’t wait to see the pole setup. Did you get the cabin filler cushion custom made?

Good luck on thE deployment and I hope to see you on Lake Travis soon!

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those colorful boats look good on the trailer, but then you have to live with it.

The next time I run into someone who is happy with one around here will be the first.

Lots of white and the biggest bimini top are easy check boxes in my mind.

good to see cycle springs is getting some boats in. Their lot has been empty for ages.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone picked up their new boat this week? I am hoping for Monday

Picked mine up on Thursday. Put 15 hours on her over the weekend. Even got to use the clean out port! Here's a hint for weeds. What you can't pull out the top, try pushing down back out the the intake port.

boat.jpg

Goflight2

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So excited for you guys!!!
Still waiting to see what the new 242X (0r 252X) looks like for me.

Goflight2

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I tried to order a couple months back, and was told that there would be no employee purchases for watercraft until dealer orders are filled. So, my wait will continue!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you have a painted hull like black can you not acid clean the bottom to remove the yellow stains from the boat sitting in the water? Or does the black hull not turn yellow stained like the white hulls do?

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Pictures do not due justice to the 2021 Blue. Saw it in person when I was picking mine up and it looks 1,000% better in person. Beautiful boat! Enjoy!
I obviously agree....thanks. I was torn between an AR195 and a 195S but when I saw the Sapphire AR195 it was a no brainer. So much to learn....so much to buy!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since this is truly a speculation thread based on a piece of literature distributed to a dealer for pre-order purposes, my guess is we have yet to see the full line. Here is one bit of speculation that has some merit based on Yamaha's other product lines.

It is widely known that Yamaha will release new features in their flagship products first for at least one season, and it will trickle down to the more-entry products the following season.

It is also widely known that Yamaha will only develop new engine technology that can be used in more than one product category, otherwise it is not an efficient or cost effective way to recoup R&D investment on said engine.

We are seeing the bread and butter boats that we never expected much change in. We are also seeing boats with the 1.8ltr engine. So with my speculation hat on, we could possibly see the TR1 engine go away, or be replaced with the 1.8 across the board. We could also possibly see the SVHO in the flagship boats in each size hull. 242, 212x etc. or a replacement? I doubt that one. Standardization across the line on the 1.8 makes perfect sense, as I doubt they save much by using the TR1 in weight or power. Just drop a pair of 1.8's in the 210 series and let them enjoy the benefits. As the 2021 x models may have a pair of SC 1.8's for the 210 owners to still lust after the following years.

They probably put out this line up of 2021's based on pre-order 2020's that just could not get filled prior to them re-tooling their plant for 2021 boats. And since they always have prototypes at the dealer show and production models shipping late August/early Sept, then it makes sense that the first ones down the line would be the ones folks have already put a deposit down on, or showed the most demand for.

This leaves me with a sense of excitement that we may see changes to the 212x and possibly 242x. Hull changes are doubtful, but SVHO, and possibly an integrated wake booster of some sort is likely. The lack of supply of the wakebooster kits probably showed yamaha that the demand for surfing with their boats is much greater than anticipated. And it helped to justify just how much we may spend on a more wake specific hull.

Again, this is all just speculation, but it follows the path they lead in Boats, Waverunners, Snowmobiles and ATV's.
No way they get rid of the TR1 motors. They have to replace all their waverunners with 1.8 that would be way too much power for their EX line and the tr1 works with the entry VX really well. The TR1 also keeps the cost down on the 210 models instead. Plus it’s a newer engine and it’s already award winning. It’s a great economical engine!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got confirmation from Team Winnerbagoland that the 27’ now has a high tow point for water sports. It also has Hydroturf on the full interior (same hydroturf they typically use on the swim platform). I’m guessing they had issues with the Marine Mat stuff. I will either be looking at a 242X or a 275 2021 model more than likely but leaning towards 242X. Can’t wait to see the changes they made (25’?, new interior?, new color schemes?) My dealer quoted around 18k on trade for a 2015 SX210. I’m thinking I could sell it myself for around 30 in a few days with this hot market. Thoughts?
do not trade it in for $18k I just sold my 2012 AR210 with 300hrs for $27000. That dealer would be taking major advantage of you!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know the release date for the Waverunners ?? I couldn't find anything...
I did see a spy photo/dealer photo of a 2021 SuperJet of all things. Not sure if it was a pre-release, or actual release over seas in other markets. But they are usually released at the same time. So later this week would make sense.

Lots of rumors on a 4-stroke superjet as it is the last of the 2-stroke PWC. Even Cycle Springs is taking pre-orders on unreleased colors and specs.