• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober's 2019 242 SE Build

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sound System (will be installed next month)
8 – Revo 6.5 Coax In-boat speakers
4 – Rev 10 Tower Speakers with swivel clamps
2 – XXX 12inch Subs in custom box
2 – Revo 10inch Free Air Subs
1 – MC 1 Head Unit (mounted next to 12inch touch screen on helm)
1 – Wired Transom Remote
1 – Sinister SDX6 amp
4 – Syndicate SYN DX2.3 amps

Sound System Batteries and Chargers
4 – XS Power D3100 12V 5,000 AMP AGM Batteries D3100 - 12V AGM Battery
4 – Eagle Performance Onboard Series 25 amp single bank i1225OB Eagle Performance i1225OB Battery Charger, 12 Volt 25 Amp

Starting Battery and Charger
1 - 12v Deep Cycle Battery for Starting that comes with boat
1 - PS1 Pro Series Onboard Charger for starting battery. Amazon.com: PRO Charging System PS1 Professional Series w/ (1) 12V Output USA Shipping 15A per Output USA Shipping: Automotive

1 - Custom made detachable stripper pole
- Paint Correction and Full Ceramic Coating inside and out. 2 coats of Ceramic Pro "Bravo" Marine Paints and Coatings Super Protection - Ceramic Pro
- 9ft Line-X strip on keel https://jetboaters.net/threads/line-xd-the-keel.26768/
- 5% Limo Tint
- Full Debadge to include ALL badging, side stickers and warning stickers
- Powder Coat all speaker grills black
- Powder Coat Rev-10 clamps on tower black
- 3rd Bow filler cushion
- Cobra Steering
- Sentry Fenders
- Full Sea Deck
- Samson Blade Mirror Arm
- PTM VR 140 Mirror

IMG_3395.jpeg

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If I had your money, I would burn mine! ;)

Sweet looking!

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow!.... and I though I was crazy having 3 XS XP3000’s and one XP 2500 (for my starting battery and just relaxing not blasting the stereo)
Must say, VERY impressive, Love it!.... it’s addicting isn’t it!... I only had 5 amps!.. LoL!... so you’re inspiring me, can’t wait to get a new boat!
Hey, is there any way you could post a schematic of how you hooked everything up?... I’d love to see it!..... I remember when I built my system I meticulously drew a schematic.... and you look as anal as me!.... LMAO!.....

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow!.... and I though I was crazy having 3 XS XP3000’s and one XP 2500 (for my starting battery and just relaxing not blasting the stereo)
Must say, VERY impressive, Love it!.... it’s addicting isn’t it!... I only had 5 amps!.. LoL!... so you’re inspiring me, can’t wait to get a new boat!
Hey, is there any way you could post a schematic of how you hooked everything up?... I’d love to see it!..... I remember when I built my system I meticulously drew a schematic.... and you look as anal as me!.... LMAO!.....
So I'll be returning from deployment next week and the first thing I'm doing is picking up our new toy. The crazy thing is that it still has it's tags on. In fact it's never been in the water. It's been in the shop getting all the mods done for the past two months and it's now nearing completion. Once I get home and get a chance I will be doing a new updated build page with the end product to include detailed pics. We have a few Havasu trips also, so I should have some good pole pics to share...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh... and all that white wiring is the RGB Wires for the four zones of lighting... 1. Inner Speaker Grills, 2. Out Speaker Rings, 3. All Cup Holders and 4. Underwater Shadow Caster Lights. All controlled from the wetsounds head unit.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where's this stripper pole ? LED's on it ?
No LEDs on the Pole. It will be on the swim deck area similar to my other two Yamahas. Only difference is that this one will be free standing as opposed to connecting to the tower. I'm picking the boat up Saturday morning. Should have pics up next week.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is the link to the specs of the two Wet Sounds XXX Subs

Each sub is rated for 2400 watts and I will have a Wet Sounds 2000 watt amp going to each of them. Additionally, I will have two Wetsounds Free Air 10inch Subs by the port and starboard Captain's Chairs.

The box will be in the rear starboard side storage compartment with vents cut into the circles in the photo below:

IMG_4601 (1).jpg

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is crazy, how are you planning on keeping all the rattles, vibrations under control with that many speakers, power? I only have two subs and had to add allot of sound deadening foam to keep it under control. Can still hear it at times even at half volume.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am curious about supplying the power. I think I would have went with a bank of golf cart batteries for this, you would probably get significantly more play time. At full tilt this thing will pull nearly 500amps, 4 of those batteries combined are rated for 508 amp hours. That is not including the amps for the XXX. I really think you will have voltage issues if you crank this thing for longer than a demo.

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am curious about supplying the power. I think I would have went with a bank of golf cart batteries for this, you would probably get significantly more play time. At full tilt this thing will pull nearly 500amps, 4 of those batteries combined are rated for 508 amp hours. That is not including the amps for the XXX. I really think you will have voltage issues if you crank this thing for longer than a demo.
I had 6 six volt golf cart batteries in my 2013 212SS but decided to go a different route this build. We shall see!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is crazy, how are you planning on keeping all the rattles, vibrations under control with that many speakers, power? I only have two subs and had to add allot of sound deadening foam to keep it under control. Can still hear it at times even at half volume.
I had 2 12s in the same spot on my 2013 212SS and didn't have any issues. If in fact we do have rattles, we will adjust and figure something out.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait to see where you are putting the nuclear reactor to power the thing... (make sure the cooling water inlet doesn't get jammed with weeds)