• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Sotally Tober's 2019 242 SE Build

Here is the link to the specs of the two Wet Sounds XXX Subs

Each sub is rated for 2400 watts and I will have a Wet Sounds 2000 watt amp going to each of them. Additionally, I will have two Wetsounds Free Air 10inch Subs by the port and starboard Captain's Chairs.

The box will be in the rear starboard side storage compartment with vents cut into the circles in the photo below:

View attachment 133661
I applaud your ambition to step out of the standard boat mold and apply larger drivers, controlled in a tuned box, with adequate power behind each driver.

Before Covid hit I had planned a “super-sized” audio install for my boat. I was looking for sub options similar to what you have planned. However, with so many Americans fearful to live life, my loss of income has put things on hold.

I do live sound for events. The gear hasn’t been moving lately so I donated a setup for a couple weeks. While not a large setup, I still am using (4)21” sub drivers with 5000watts per driver. Did sound check with the band tonight. Air was movin pretty good. It felt liberating to hear that PA sing.

Please keep posting about your upgrades. It’s refreshing given our current climate.

and the tuning begins! I'm pulling into San Diego now. Will be picking up Sotally Tober 5 tomorrow morning!image0.jpeg

I applaud your ambition to step out of the standard boat mold and apply larger drivers, controlled in a tuned box, with adequate power behind each driver.

Before Covid hit I had planned a “super-sized” audio install for my boat. I was looking for sub options similar to what you have planned. However, with so many Americans fearful to live life, my loss of income has put things on hold.

I do live sound for events. The gear hasn’t been moving lately so I donated a setup for a couple weeks. While not a large setup, I still am using (4)21” sub drivers with 5000watts per driver. Did sound check with the band tonight. Air was movin pretty good. It felt liberating to hear that PA sing.

Please keep posting about your upgrades. It’s refreshing given our current climate.

Absolutely! Picking her up tomorrow. Will be posting more pics and info over the next few weeks.

Quick update: I cant say enough good things about the sound system. It's tuned perfectly. The bass hits incredibly hard and clean. Just when you think it cant get any louder it does! No distortion. I was concerned about the batteries; however, not anymore. The 4 group 31 XS AGMs ran for almost 8 hours on Saturday and they were ran HARD. We still had juice left at the end of the day. The four 25 amp onboard battery chargers recharged all of them in 4-5 hours. We have another river trip scheduled for this weekend at Martinez Lake (southern most stretch of the Colorado) and will be taking a bunch of detailed photos.

That is crazy, how are you planning on keeping all the rattles, vibrations under control with that many speakers, power? I only have two subs and had to add allot of sound deadening foam to keep it under control. Can still hear it at times even at half volume.

Ran the system hard this weekend and this was a non issue.

I am curious about supplying the power. I think I would have went with a bank of golf cart batteries for this, you would probably get significantly more play time. At full tilt this thing will pull nearly 500amps, 4 of those batteries combined are rated for 508 amp hours. That is not including the amps for the XXX. I really think you will have voltage issues if you crank this thing for longer than a demo.

The guys that created this monster of a system definitely worked some magic. Absolutely zero voltage issues and we ran the system for at least 8 hours on Saturday with a good portion of that time spent at full tilt. These XS AGMs are perfectly paired with this system and seemed to recharge way faster than my golf cart battery set up. They also added an XS SuperBank Ultra Capacitor (SuperBANKS Archives - XS Power).

Who needs ballast with all those batteries LOL! Nice build!

Thanks. Top speed dropped from 50mph to 46mph with two people. Then to 43mph with 6.

Back