• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Portable Power Station to Maintain Batteries

3.6Kwh is about 300aH - if you use 6amp every hour for 5min. it should last you about 25 days, that is if you bring back the boat with battery fully charged

300ah/6ah = 50hrs x 12 = 600hours / 24 = 25 days or more cause it will only charge if voltage go down or less if you bring boat back with drained battery.

The 12 is how many 5 min for each hour ----- (60 / 5) = 12

Awesome! Much Appreciated =)

So I have a golf cart with a RoyPow 5.3kwh LifeP04 pack in it. As an alternative to a portable power station, Is there a way to utilize the golf cart battery to provide juice to the onboard chargers?

So I have a golf cart with a RoyPow 5.3kwh LifeP04 pack in it. As an alternative to a portable power station, Is there a way to utilize the golf cart battery to provide juice to the onboard chargers?
If your charger is 110v you need an inverter, but check battery voltage to get right inverter, I have golf cart battery in my rv and it’s 6V. By the way, You don’t need big inverter just 1000w would work, I’d recommend pure sine wave inverter

If your charger is 110v you need an inverter, but check battery voltage to get right inverter, I have golf cart battery in my rv and it’s 6V. By the way, You don’t need big inverter just 1000w would work, I’d recommend pure sine wave inverter
A DC to DC charger would be more effecient then using an inverter. Inverters lose 10% of the power in the conversion.

Ok, here's my setup. Although there is zero science or exact numbers to this as I haven't sat down and actually collected data.

210 FSH
24V Minn Kota Terrova
2- Dakota 12V- 54AH lithium batteries
Noco Genius 5x2 Charger
Anker Powerhouse 757 1299Wh 1500W Portable Powerstation

I run my trolling motor for many days/weeks at a time, until my battery indicator is showing the last bar. Then I bring the Powerhouse aboard and let it sit in the floor. I live about a mile from my marina so I just leave it in there while Im cruising or if I plan on fishing I will leave it in there while running errands. It takes about 4-5 hours and the powerhouse gets close to single digit charge, I pull it out and take it back to the house. Re-charge it and put it back in the boat for the "top off" of the batteries.

So in closing, this has been the best situation for me. I don't have access to shore power, and I get a "portable power station" for my house in case of a power outage. It works out well, since I'm close and able to grab it and charge it.

Hope that helps.

Jake

Maybe better way to approach this is to estimate how much power you think you will need to re-charge.

What are the total of all fuses on your amp?
Around how loud do it you play it? (75%/100%)
How long do you play it for?

Maybe better way to approach this is to estimate how much power you think you will need to re-charge.

What are the total of all fuses on your amp?
Around how loud do it you play it? (75%/100%)
How long do you play it for?

The sound system is over 6000 watts and we play all day long. The 4 XS Power 3100 group 31 agm's are more than enough to handle the load.

Re-charging the batteries is not the issue. The 6 batteries will be fully recharged before hooking up to a power station. That is no problem.

The issue is providing power while the 6 onboard chargers are in float/maintenance mode and stored in an indoor storage with no electrical power.

Looks like a potential solution with the portable power station has been found just looking to leverage the giant lithium pack in our golf cart since it will also be stored next to the boat.

So you just need a trickle charger for 6 batteries essentially?

Keep in mind that you don't want to drain the EcoFlow much past about 25% or so for longevity sake. Plus, the inverter will have a significant parasitic draw (for example, per some solar generator gurus the Delta Pro inverter is reported to draw 30-40W, which is about 1% per hour).

The sound system is over 6000 watts and we play all day long. The 4 XS Power 3100 group 31 agm's are more than enough to handle the load.

Re-charging the batteries is not the issue. The 6 batteries will be fully recharged before hooking up to a power station. That is no problem.

The issue is providing power while the 6 onboard chargers are in float/maintenance mode and stored in an indoor storage with no electrical power.

Looks like a potential solution with the portable power station has been found just looking to leverage the giant lithium pack in our golf cart since it will also be stored next to the boat.

How long will your batteries be sitting between the time your re charge the batteries and they get used the next time?

How long will your batteries be sitting between the time your re charge the batteries and they get used the next time?

This is a good point. If they are fully charged going into storage then they are good for at least a few weeks. If not, bring boat to the charger the night before a trip.

This is a good point. If they are fully charged going into storage then they are good for at least a few weeks. If not, bring boat to the charger the night before a trip.

While not ideal….. I just checked my flooded lead acid batteries that I used to have in my boat for my trolling motor, they’ve been sitting on my concrete shop floor for well over a year, checked them with a volt meter yesterday, 12.37 V. Going to do a thread about battery charging here pretty soon… anyway, goes to show how well those batteries will hold up If stored on a cool shop floor after being fully charged.

So you just need a trickle charger for 6 batteries essentially?

The boat will have 6 onboard smart battery chargers already installed that will maintain/trickle charge the batteries (links posted in my initial post #1 of this thread).

The problem is that the indoor storage unit does not have electrical power to supply to trickle chargers already installed on the boat.

The solution is a large capacity Portable Power Station that will provide the juice needed to power the trickle chargers already installed on the boat in lieu of actual shore power.

Keep in mind that you don't want to drain the EcoFlow much past about 25% or so for longevity sake. Plus, the inverter will have a significant parasitic draw (for example, per some solar generator gurus the Delta Pro inverter is reported to draw 30-40W, which is about 1% per hour).

Gotcha. Thanks for the tip.

During the Spring/Summer - Weeks
During the Fall/Winter - Months

Yes, this is a last resort.

If you wanted to use your Golf Cart I would confirm its pack voltage, Then find a inverter that will work with that input voltage. You will want to make sure you can set the inverter to auto shut off voltage at a certain voltage to not draw down the golf cart batter so much so it doesn't kill the pack or can drive the golf cart to where you can charge it. You can probably install the Inverter in the Golf Cart with a switch to activate it then just connect your extension cord from the Golf Cart inverter to your boat chargers.

If you wanted to use your Golf Cart I would confirm its pack voltage, Then find a inverter that will work with that input voltage. You will want to make sure you can set the inverter to auto shut off voltage at a certain voltage to not draw down the golf cart batter so much so it doesn't kill the pack or can drive the golf cart to where you can charge it. You can probably install the Inverter in the Golf Cart with a switch to activate it then just connect your extension cord from the Golf Cart inverter to your boat chargers.

The pack is a 48volt LifePO4. Thanks for the info.

Back