• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats - Showing up at dealerships...

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters. I'm waiting to take delivery on my "pre-release" 2021 195S. It arrived at the deliver a week ago. We are waiting for the dealer to receive the trailer MCO/MSO from Yamaha. I'm told this is typical Yamaha. Have others seen these MCO/MSO delays, either recently or in the past? I'm annoyed that my boat sits on a trailer on their yard for over a week because Shoreland'r and Yamaha haven't figured out a method to move paperwork more efficiently in 2020.
I picked up my AR190 2 days after it showed up on the dealer lot.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does the new trailer have 4 pin or 7 for the light plug? Ar195

Picking mine up Saturday I hope...!? and I want a brand new trailer light plug in, so I'll be installing it first and just curious which one it is.

Thanks

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is 5 pin flat 5th pin is designed to release the brake solenoid in reverse

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hmm... Glad I asked. Thanks! Was not sure if it had trailer brakes

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2021 AR190 came with a round 7 pin connector (only 5 are used)

Trailer has surge brakes, 5th wire disables them in reverse. There is also a manual override to engage when you unplug to submerge the trailer

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Awesome, however I'm kinda done with a black boat after owning one. Agreed wait for the 25'.
I agree. Black is way too hot in the peak of Summer; however, that 212s is all white on top with “cool” interior. The black on our Glastron which was from the rear seats back would get so hot you could not touch it, doesn’t really make sense. We love the white and grey 212s which just picked up this weekend!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
2021 AR190 came with a round 7 pin connector (only 5 are used)

Trailer has surge brakes, 5th wire disables them in reverse. There is also a manual override to engage when you unplug to submerge the trailer
Our 2021 212s also came with the round 7-pin. Not sure about the 5th pin because we cannot back-up even the slightest hill. Doesn’t seem to disengage when in reverse. The tech said something about checking for a blown fuse if we had problems. I don’t have a blown fuse; however, drivers side backup bulb is out. Don’t see how that would affect this, but I am going to change the bulb this week to see. Very frustrating when trying to backup and the trailer breaks are locked up, especially when you have little room to pull forward. Never had an issue with the Glastron trailer which we pulled with this same truck. Glastron makes their own trailer.

Anyone know if we can take the trailer to a Shorelandr dealer for warranty service or do I need to take it back to our dealer?

Last edited:

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
From what I have been told by a reliable inside source, 25' footers are not being produced yet. Only 19' 21' and 27'. 25' footers are due in a couple of months for shipping. Hopefully this is not the case.
I thought they said October or November for the 25’ boats at the virtual meeting. Maybe I just read into that. If there were any chance I thought they’d come any sooner than that I may very well have waited and gone with the AR252. That said, I love the power of our new 212s and I’m not sure I would like this same power line on something 4’ longer and a whole lot heavier.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our 2021 212s also came the the round 7-pin. Not sure about the 5 pin because we cannot back-up even the slightest hill. Doesn’t seem to disengage when in reverse. The tech said something about checking for a blown fuse if we had problems. I don’t have a blown fuse; however, drivers side backup bulb is out. Don’t see how that would affect this, but I am going to change the bulb this week to see. Very frustrating when trying to backup and the trailer breaks are locked up, especially when you have little room to pull forward. Never had an issue with the Glastron trailer which we pulled with this same truck. Glastron makes their own trailer.

Anyone know if we can take the trailer to a Shorelandr dealer for warranty service or do I need to take it back to our dealer?
Mine came with a D shaped insert that you can manually insert to stop the coupler from engaging the brakes when you are backing up. Not sure about getting it serviced

1598324516015.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought they said October or November for the 25’ boats at the virtual meeting. Maybe I just read into that. If there were any chance I thought they’d come any sooner than that I may very well have waited and gone with the AR252. That said, I love the power of our new 212s and I’m not sure I would like this same power line on something 4’ longer and a whole lot heavier.
Power doesnt impress me that much, would rather have the taller freeboard, size and weight, gas tank and range. We are in the Great Lakes more than anticipated and the size would be better than the 21 we have.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mine came with a D shaped insert that you can manually insert to stop the coupler from engaging the brakes when you are backing up. Not sure about getting it serviced

View attachment 131480
Thank you! Yeah we have that too, but the the trailer has to be all the way back for that to fit, no room to play. Stopped after the lake to get something to eat. I pulled up to a curbed area and went go back up, didn’t seem to be an incline at all. Wouldn’t back up because the trailer was slightly forward at the brake section, so this device wouldn’t fit and I couldn’t pull forward to get the trailer to slide back so we could get it in. I ended up having to go over the curb to turn around. Only way to get that device in is if your facing uphill which facing uphill is not an issue, just like a boat ramp. Otherwise, my wife has to jog along side the trailer while I go slowly, seems ridiculously unsafe. Then you have to tape this device in or it wants to fall out very easy.

I might just have to find a Shorelandr dealer and see if they can help.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Power doesnt impress me that much, would rather have the taller freeboard, size and weight, gas tank and range. We are in the Great Lakes more than anticipated and the size would be better than the 21 we have.
I can see that. We were out in Lake of the Ozarks after we picked up. Got beat up by that huge chop. A 25 footer would have been better, but still not big enough for the channel down there. That place is crazy with all the huge yachts and cigarette boats.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Am am 1st in line for the AR195 at Cycle Springs
Hey Andy! Have you received your AR195 yet?? Hoping you have been busy boating and don’t have time to post. That’s how it was for me this weekend. Would still be waiting for a 195s, but we ended up opting for a 212s. Was the first 2021 our dealer has seen and we love her. Hope you didn’t give up!

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! Yeah we have that too, but the the trailer has to be all the way back for that to fit, no room to play. Stopped after the lake to get something to eat. I pulled up to a curbed area and went go back up, didn’t seem to be an incline at all. Wouldn’t back up because the trailer was slightly forward at the brake section, so this device wouldn’t fit and I couldn’t pull forward to get the trailer to slide back so we could get it in. I ended up having to go over the curb to turn around. Only way to get that device in is if your facing uphill which facing uphill is not an issue, just like a boat ramp. Otherwise, my wife has to jog along side the trailer while I go slowly, seems ridiculously unsafe. Then you have to tape this device in or it wants to fall out very easy.

I might just have to find a Shorelandr dealer and see if they can help.
I’ve found that If I sit on the bumper Of the truck and push with my legs on the trailer I can move the boat back just enough to get the key in. It’s a pain sometimes, but works. I also use a small bungee cord to hold it in place. That also secures it when not inserted so it doesn’t fly around all over the place.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ve found that If I sit on the bumper Of the truck and push with my legs on the trailer I can move the boat back just enough to get the key in. It’s a pain sometimes, but works. I also use a small bungee cord to hold it in place. That also secures it when not inserted so it doesn’t fly around all over the place.
Good to know. That might have worked as that was pretty close to flat. Don’t think I could have done that the night we brought her home and I tried to back in to our driveway. We live near the crest of a hill. I was trying to back in from the downhill side which I have done many times with our old SeaDoo (no trailer brakes) and our Glastron (surge brakes) with zero problems. We couldn’t get that thing in as it just to much incline. Easy fix as I just turned around and came back up the hill. While up hill we taped in the insert and I backed it right in. I will be glad when I can just backup anywhere

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was also just told the trailer is a 5 pin flat. Thanks for the help —now I'll be prepared when I pick it up Saturday!

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well, now I can tell my wife that others are experiencing the same thing we are....just reading this post and am frustrated with the Shorelandr trailer as well. Couple things I have found:

While the Shorelandr trailer comes with a 7 pin connection, there are only 4 blades in the connection. If you look at the 7 pin connection from the trailer, only 4 slots have metal in them. (I should have inserted a picture here, sorry.) Because of this, I am now questioning if there is even a brake solenoid in the trailer? Without a 5th blade connection, there is no power hook up for the brake solenoid to pull from. Can anyone confirm the new trailers have a brake solenoid?

Secondly, they make a magnetic D shaped insert for the manual override. After two rolls of electrical tape and many frustrating back up attempts, this was one of the best $25 spent. Check it out at Amazon:

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well, now I can tell my wife that others are experiencing the same thing we are....just reading this post and am frustrated with the Shorelandr trailer as well. Couple things I have found:

While the Shorelandr trailer comes with a 7 pin connection, there are only 4 blades in the connection. If you look at the 7 pin connection from the trailer, only 4 slots have metal in them. (I should have inserted a picture here, sorry.) Because of this, I am now questioning if there is even a brake solenoid in the trailer? Without a 5th blade connection, there is no power hook up for the brake solenoid to pull from. Can anyone confirm the new trailers have a brake solenoid?

Secondly, they make a magnetic D shaped insert for the manual override. After two rolls of electrical tape and many frustrating back up attempts, this was one of the best $25 spent. Check it out at Amazon:

had the same issue on only the second time using the boat/trailer. good find.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My trailer is the same thing with that d shaped insert that i have yet to figure out how its supposed to stay in place. What i did was hook up to the trailer, pull fwd to extend the tongue all the way then i drilled a 3/8 hole right at the back of the spot where the d insert goes. Now i can put a bolt in there when im backing up. I just keep one in the glove box.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was also just told the trailer is a 5 pin flat. Thanks for the help —now I'll be prepared when I pick it up Saturday!
Good luck Saturday! Enjoy the new boat. I was told 5 pin too and that made sense as our last two boats were 5pin. So we had a 5 to 7 adapter as my truck has the 7. The dealer was surprised that the new trailer had a 7 pin connector.