• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats the dealers are quoting $3,000 freight and prep. Is everyone paying this?

Am looking now at a SX190 and after all my calculations I kept seeing a 3-4K markup that I could not understand since it was still over MSRP already and including I added 2500 for that galvanized trailer … taxes and all but still was seeing around 4000 over what I could imagine the price should be… I thought the Yamaha prices were the prices given from the site… but from your above discussion it sounds like this is what the dealers are needing for their profit making or this is the mark up they can take….

Yea this is common practice. Some dealers it on the sticker as dealer prep, market adjustment, etc.

Yea this is common practice. Some dealers it on the sticker as dealer prep, market adjustment, etc.
Thank you for that info… any tips of anything we can negotiate? Just wanna be sure I get the best deal that I can… cheers.

Thank you for that info… any tips of anything we can negotiate? Just wanna be sure I get the best deal that I can… cheers.

In the current market, it is tough to negotiate anything. Really you would be lucky to actually get a boat. With the demand high and inventory non existent for the most part. Also if you plan on putting a deposit down on a boat with the dealer (or ordering from their allocation) it could be a very long wait. People have been waiting for their boats from 6 months to a year and some haven't gotten theirs yet. Now you could stumble across one at a dealer from time to time. I would also recommend evaluating what the best model and size of Yamaha fits how you plan on using the boat, that way you would only have to go through the purchasing and possible waiting process once.

In the current market, it is tough to negotiate anything. Really you would be lucky to actually get a boat. With the demand high and inventory non existent for the most part. Also if you plan on putting a deposit down on a boat with the dealer (or ordering from their allocation) it could be a very long wait. People have been waiting for their boats from 6 months to a year and some haven't gotten theirs yet. Now you could stumble across one at a dealer from time to time. I would also recommend evaluating what the best model and size of Yamaha fits how you plan on using the boat, that way you would only have to go through the purchasing and possible waiting process once.

Ok good to know … then I won’t go in expecting some massive deals.. thank you for this insight !! Looking forward to joining you all as a jet boat owner !!

Back