• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats the dealers are quoting $3,000 freight and prep. Is everyone paying this?

I just put a deposit down on a 2021 255XE. They rolled the freight into the unit price and had a separate line item for the rigging. Same story, these cost were non negotiable. This was at Phil Dill in TX
FB7D59D8-D430-4D06-9385-7DAABCB0C1E7.jpeg

I just put a deposit down on a 2021 255XE. They rolled the freight into the unit price and had a separate line item for the rigging. Same story, these cost were non negotiable. This was at Phil Dill in TX
View attachment 140088
Congrats! Which color choice did you get? What made you decide on the XE vs a few more thousand for XD?

IMO, you may start seeing SOME boats later this season. To me, it depends on whether the impulse buyers and the buy on credit and hope we can swing the payments with the changes in the economy folks can keep making the payments. Dunno what you're looking for, but I foresee a good number of people starting off the year trying to sell at top dollar to get out from under their now-burdensome loans - since it's still gonna be a seller's market (again, IMO), they'll be hoping they can cover their "rental" costs of last year with the demand this spring, or eat the "rental" cost and sell at a price to pay off their loans.

Later in the year (or perhaps this spring) will come the defaults, unfortunately, and the dealerships will have a glut of "gently used and low hours" used boats to sell off. I'll be looking at what's out there in June/July, but I'm in a position to simply wait for a good deal to fall in my lap.

To the OP, you mentioned you were trading in, why not try to take advantage yourself of this market and skip the trade-in, sell it yourself. I'm betting you'll get more than the dealership is willing to give you, and someone is likely gonna snap yours up for something closer to what you're hoping to get for your boat - just look at the people in this thread and across these forums that are questioning the dealership prices as a demonstration that you might/should do better by not trading in.

Well put! The impulse buyers and other financially irresponsible buyers will be the first to sell / default. It would be interesting to know how many bought with the no payments for 90 days. In the best case scenario as you mentioned there will be an inventory surge which should force prices down.

Yamaha boats are not the only products that are seeing high prices and limited availability.

Congrats! Which color choice did you get? What made you decide on the XE vs a few more thousand for XD?
So that’s a great question. I’ll address the XE vs. XD part first. The wait list on the XD’s was 12 long and the sales guy said I may not see a boat until July and that could drag out to September. I’m not willing to miss 1/2 the summer waiting for the DriVE tech. As for color choice we left it open. I like the Saphire but my wife doesn’t have a preference so she wanted to just leave it open to first available and we will either pass and wait on the Sapphire or cave in and settle on the green to get out on the water ASAP. We are 6th in line for the XE.

View attachment 140088
That's why I went with Blackbeard in OKC. I have not pulled the trigger on purchasing a 275SD but the quote was for $133K and that included a trailer/cover. But not the tax.

The exact same boat with Phil Dill is well over 140K (plus tax) and that did not include the trailer.

That's why I went with Blackbeard in OKC. I have not pulled the trigger on purchasing a 275SD but the quote was for $133K and that included a trailer/cover. But not the tax.

The exact same boat with Phil Dill is well over 140K (plus tax) and that did not include the trailer.
Wow. That sounds like an amazing deal. MSRP is just over 131...! Does that include freight and rigging? I wasn’t aware the 27ft boats didn’t include the trailer. Either way you got a great deal!

No trailer with the 275 series. Yamaha wants a crazy price for their trailer. About 10k. I got my boat for msrp with no extra costs added but that wasnt with a trailer. I got an alum loadrite elite for about 1/2 what yamaha wanted.

Just picked up my 190 FSH Sport. Happy to report there is nothing unusual with the boat except for the overspray in the cleats (could be wax too cause I wiped it easily). Radio fuse was blown and they replaced it and it works now. Dealer told me if the fuse blew again, they will replace the head for me under warranty. No fiberglass shavings as other reported here, I guess the dealer did a good job cleaning it? There is boat scratch by the front roller but I already bought and replace it with the orange rubber one. Happy with the purchase so far!

Attachments

• IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 19
Just picked up my 190 FSH Sport. Happy to report there is nothing unusual with the boat except for the overspray in the cleats (could be wax too cause I wiped it easily). Radio fuse was blown and they replaced it and it works now. Dealer told me if the fuse blew again, they will replace the head for me under warranty. No fiberglass shavings as other reported here, I guess the dealer did a good job cleaning it? There is boat scratch by the front roller but I already bought and replace it with the orange rubber one. Happy with the purchase so far!
Congrats!
As for the shavings, put some water in the bilge and tilt the boat up on the trailer and watch the fiberglass shavings pour out the drain plug. I used a garden hose to dump some water into the bilge and about 2-3 palm-fulls of shavings came out the hole, including a small stainless screw and some metal shavings. It's hard to clean the bilge area out once the boat is built, so you need to flush it out yourself. No biggie and we love our boat.
??

Congrats!
As for the shavings, put some water in the bilge and tilt the boat up on the trailer and watch the fiberglass shavings pour out the drain plug. I used a garden hose to dump some water into the bilge and about 2-3 palm-fulls of shavings came out the hole, including a small stainless screw and some metal shavings. It's hard to clean the bilge area out once the boat is built, so you need to flush it out yourself. No biggie and we love our boat.
??
Thanks I didn't check the bilge but it make sense, even the dealer wont spend extra time to clean something they couldn't see. I will do this tomorrow.

Taking the advice of this thread, I spoke with directly with my sales rep about what is available out there, and did my best to do an honest negotiation. They were willing to finally waive the rigging fee since the 2021 SX210 is already in stock and on the showroom, but would not budge on freight. Was able to offset the freight with "extras": bow cover, cockpit cover, snap cover install, the Coast Guard2 Kit, and a pull behind tube/rope which came to roughly freight charges.

@lakesend That is fantastic, nice! Once you get it post some pics.

No trailer with the 275 series. Yamaha wants a crazy price for their trailer. About 10k. I got my boat for msrp with no extra costs added but that wasnt with a trailer. I got an alum loadrite elite for about 1/2 what yamaha wanted.
Correct, Yamaha does not seem to think you will want a trailer with this boat apparently ? so that has to be added. The offer I got was with a nice aluminum trailer/Yamaha boat cover included and yes, that includes freight/ringing ($999).

Still deciding on the Yamaha 275 or the Scarab 285, just tested the 285 but have yet to test out the 2021 Yamaha 275. That will happen in two weeks. I'm hoping the noise level is much better in the 2021 version. Regardless I'm not going to pay $3000+ for prep and freight.

Check with Bayside Jet Drive in Ocean City, MD. Eric is the owner and great to deal with. Bought mine in June with no added costs.

Bought my boat in July 2020.
Doc fee $400
Freight $700.

No dealer prep. I’m assuming the dealer didn’t charge me that since I had them install a Solix 10, Riptide Ulterra, battery bank, and onboard charger, $7780.

View attachment 140037m
Mind me asking you what trailer that came with? My dealer is saying the aluminum trailer is a $2,000 upgrade.

Mind me asking you what trailer that came with? My dealer is saying the aluminum trailer is a $2,000 upgrade.

Not at all. It’s steel and has a rough texture type black paint. I know the AL trailer was an optional item.

Painted trailer seems to be standard. Cost of galvanized trailer will vary depending on your dealer.

Painted trailer seems to be standard. Cost of galvanized trailer will vary depending on your dealer.
Oddly at our dealer it is the opposite.

I’m calling around to tons of dealers and they are all saying MSRP plus $3,000 for freight and prep. Tons of dealers are saying this same number. Is this what everyone is paying on 2021 boats? I’m currently waiting to see if any of them can throw In a mooring cover and come up on my trade value to make the deal better. Let me know what you guys are paying extra for on 2021 boats and what kind of deals you are finding. When I bought my last boat pre-COVID many years ago I didn’t pay any dealer fees and paid less than MSRP and got the cover for like $500. Different times now I guess. Hard to even find a boat and the dealer know this.

Thanks!

The best way to offset this is to sell your current boat yourself... it is a big-time seller’s market.

Oddly at our dealer it is the opposite.

At the time of my purchase, painted trailer was standard from Yamaha. I believe it's still the same. You are likely going to be boating in salt water, given your area, so my guess is that your dealer simply outfits the boats with the galvanized trailer to avoid having to deal with rusting issues, and most likely runs the increase in cost into the total boat price.

If you meant that your dealer is the opposite, as in they are CHARGING for the painted trailer and that the galvanized is "free" with purchase, that'd be something many would be interested in, assuming all things equal, and that they actually WEREN'T including the upcharge of a galvanized trailer in the total price.

They may not have that listed as a line item, but I guarantee they're charging extra for a galvanized trailer.

Back