• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats the dealers are quoting $3,000 freight and prep. Is everyone paying this?

At the time of my purchase, painted trailer was standard from Yamaha. I believe it's still the same. You are likely going to be boating in salt water, given your area, so my guess is that your dealer simply outfits the boats with the galvanized trailer to avoid having to deal with rusting issues, and most likely runs the increase in cost into the total boat price.

If you meant that your dealer is the opposite, as in they are CHARGING for the painted trailer and that the galvanized is "free" with purchase, that'd be something many would be interested in, assuming all things equal, and that they actually WEREN'T including the upcharge of a galvanized trailer in the total price.

They may not have that listed as a line item, but I guarantee they're charging extra for a galvanized trailer.

This is what I also thought when purchasing my boat from my local dealer. I went in thinking the "Painted" trailer was standard but when I was purchasing mine, the dealer said they came with galvanized and the aluminum trailer was the only upcharge option. My price sheet doesn't have a line item for a galvanized trailer. I paid MSRP plus a myriad of other charges but the trailer isn't in there.

On the contrary, for my waverunner I had to pay for the galvanized because they don't come with any trailers from Yamaha.

i paid it. prep and freight they said was adding battery, inspection, 10 min water run blah blah blah. its sellers market.

At the time of my purchase, painted trailer was standard from Yamaha. I believe it's still the same. You are likely going to be boating in salt water, given your area, so my guess is that your dealer simply outfits the boats with the galvanized trailer to avoid having to deal with rusting issues, and most likely runs the increase in cost into the total boat price.

If you meant that your dealer is the opposite, as in they are CHARGING for the painted trailer and that the galvanized is "free" with purchase, that'd be something many would be interested in, assuming all things equal, and that they actually WEREN'T including the upcharge of a galvanized trailer in the total price.

They may not have that listed as a line item, but I guarantee they're charging extra for a galvanized trailer.
Yes, not a sperate line item and yes probably in the price. $41,399 was the dealer price excluding freight, rigging, taxes et. cetera. I remember discussing with our sales rep that the galvanized was usually an up charge. She said that they only had one boat on order with a painted trailer at the request of the buyer, all others are galvanized.

Last edited:
i paid it. prep and freight they said was adding battery, inspection, 10 min water run blah blah blah. its sellers market.

It is for sure. I almost went new but decided on lightly used. Found my dream boat with only 50 hours and at a good price. I was willing to pay the extra $3,000 they are charging now but glad I didn’t as you lose that and then some the second you drive off the lot. But not to say the new ones still aren’t worth that extra $ as they will bring many families a fun summer on the water. Sure hope Yamaha starts getting caught back up soon.

Spoke with my dealer today and he indicated that everything right now is MSRP... Was kicking around the 25' yet again...... I know... sigh. Unless something falls into my lap, which I doubt, I will see what the 2022's look like and see where end of season pricing is here.

I went in thinking the "Painted" trailer was standard but when I was purchasing mine, the dealer said they came with galvanized and the aluminum trailer was the only upcharge option.

So with the info from you guys, it seems Yamaha specs out stuff based on the area of the dealership. Aluminum was never an option, or even available, AFAIK. It could be a dealership thing, that they option out what they want from Yamaha.

The other thing I'm thinking is that maybe with the increase in price for the new models, Yamaha figured this would be a way to show value over last year's prices, for little to no expense on their part (galvanized), and aluminum is the new galvanized now.

Galvanized was an upcharge on the trailer for new boats at every single dealer I called, can I called a lot of them.

I’m calling around to tons of dealers and they are all saying MSRP plus $3,000 for freight and prep. Tons of dealers are saying this same number. Is this what everyone is paying on 2021 boats? I’m currently waiting to see if any of them can throw In a mooring cover and come up on my trade value to make the deal better. Let me know what you guys are paying extra for on 2021 boats and what kind of deals you are finding. When I bought my last boat pre-COVID many years ago I didn’t pay any dealer fees and paid less than MSRP and got the cover for like $500. Different times now I guess. Hard to even find a boat and the dealer know this.

Thanks!
They gave me the mooring cover which is about $900.00. It's a great cover. And they gave me the shipping cover which is pretty heavy duty. They gave me the coast guard kit( fenders, dock lines, fire extinguisher, throw cushion etc., and put on the CF numbers. Also, the boats are not shipped with batteries, so they put those in. Other than that, they rushed me out of there. The walk thru was less than 10 minutes. 2021 212SE

Last edited:
They gave me the mooring cover which is about $900.00. It's a great cover. And they gave me the shipping cover which is pretty heavy duty.
I asked for the mooring cover to be thrown in, and the shipping cover for storage too.
Also, the boats are not shipped with batteries, so they put those in.
They also unwrap various parts like the steering wheel, glovebox, seats and tower/bimini protection, remove the shipping brackets, unwrap the bimini, raise the tower for trailering, install the mats, check system is operational, check oil fill, check trailer tires and pressure, brakes, lights, install lic plate, etc. The dealer is responsible to ensure the boat and trailer is safe to tow...not a full inspection, but a once over to confirm it's safe. They probably have a checklist for the PDI, but these are things I noticed where checked I picked it up.
Other than that, they rushed me out of there. The walk thru was less than 10 minutes. 2021 212SE
Same here...after reading about these boats for months, I knew more than the salespeople so they didn't need to show me anything. Gave it a quick once over to look for scratches or issues and took her home to start the break-in process. Love the boat!
:)

I asked for the mooring cover to be thrown in, and the shipping cover for storage too.

They also unwrap various parts like the steering wheel, glovebox, seats and tower/bimini protection, remove the shipping brackets, unwrap the bimini, raise the tower for trailering, install the mats, check system is operational, check oil fill, check trailer tires and pressure, brakes, lights, install lic plate, etc. The dealer is responsible to ensure the boat and trailer is safe to tow...not a full inspection, but a once over to confirm it's safe. They probably have a checklist for the PDI, but these are things I noticed where checked I picked it up.

Same here...after reading about these boats for months, I knew more than the salespeople so they didn't need to show me anything. Gave it a quick once over to look for scratches or issues and took her home to start the break-in process. Love the boat!
:)
Our sales rep wasn't that knowledgeable about the boat, but to her credit she was upfront about it. Having been on the forum for the last 3 months I'm pretty confident I'm well educated.

Yes, not a sperate line item and yes probably in the price. $41,399 was the dealer price excluding freight, rigging, taxes et. cetera. I remember discussing with our sales rep that the galvanized was usually an up charge. She said that they only had one boat on order with a painted trailer at the request of the buyer, all others are galvanized.

The galvanized trailer is typically $400 more and most dealers anywhere near salt water don't even offer painted trailers, they just have galvanized and automatically add the $400 to the price. So you're exactly right, it's already in your price...that's why your line item for the boat price was $41,399 when the Yamaha MSRP on the website is $40,999.

The galvanized trailer is typically $400 more and most dealers anywhere near salt water don't even offer painted trailers, they just have galvanized and automatically add the $400 to the price. So you're exactly right, it's already in your price...that's why your line item for the boat price was $41,399 when the Yamaha MSRP on the website is $40,999.
Makes sense.

Hi guy, see this offers from Miami Local dealer for new 2021 Yamaha 210 FSH Sport, what s your opinion.

MSRP
$49,099.00
Destination​
+ $2,995.00​
Prep/Assembly​
+ $1,595.00​
Riva Motorsports Miami Savings​
- $100.00​
Riva Motorsports Miami Unit Price
$53,589.00
Doc Fees​
+ $599.00​
Total Dealer Fees​
$599.00​
Total Progressive Member Savings
$100.00
Riva Motorsports Miami Price
$54,188.00

Hi guy, see this offers from Miami Local dealer for new 2021 Yamaha 210 FSH Sport, what s your opinion.

MSRP
$49,099.00
Destination​
+ $2,995.00​
Prep/Assembly​
+ $1,595.00​
Riva Motorsports Miami Savings​
- $100.00​
Riva Motorsports Miami Unit Price
$53,589.00
Doc Fees​
+ $599.00​
Total Dealer Fees​
$599.00​
Total Progressive Member Savings
$100.00
Riva Motorsports Miami Price
$54,188.00
Yes....was on my invoice

I’ll have to dig out the psperwork. I put zero down, no payments for 90 days...I plan on refinancing with my credit union. I accepted those terms just to get the boat asap, before someone beat me to it

Was picking up my boat from dealer storage and this one was still on the floor. I was impressed that they are still offering a discount with reasonable freight and prep fees with everything I have read on this forum.

IMG_1371.jpeg

I have been looking at the 275's and a dealer near me wants over $4000 for prep/delivery fees. Found a dealer about 2 hrs away that will charge just the MSRP and include a trailer, no markup or BS added fees. needless to say I'll go with them when/if we pull the trigger on a new boat.
Just curious what dealer that was. I have been inquiring in my area and dealer said 4 to 6k in freight and dealer prep. I would be interested in calling the dealer you mentioned. Thanks

No way to tell if that actual sticker is what actually was transacted. Could be bait.......

No way to tell if that actual sticker is what actually was transacted. Could be bait.......
I can attest to that sticker price as I also bought my boat from Twin City Marine in Central Falls, RI. The owner, Rudy, is a stand up guy. I paid MSRP, $1650 Freight, and $1161 prep MINUS their dealer discount of $1651 for my 252SE.
I just picked up my boat Weds after they completed the 10 hour service and his showroom is completely empty. He said he has 15 boats on order but Yamaha just can't fulfill them.

Back