• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Heyday… Impressive!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’d make a bet on the gas being “bad.” Even with Sta-bil I notice a big difference between a week or two and a couple months. 6 months is a long time for it to sit. Was the tank filled to the top when it went in to storage?
I run 5 year old non corn 93 gas that’s been treated with Stabile in my small engines. No issues.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I run 5 year old non corn 93 gas that’s been treated with Stabile in my small engines. No issues.
We are definitely hi-jacking this thread...
I can run 1-2 year old gas w/ ethanol and no additives in my small engines with no issues. That doesn’t mean that tuned EFI computer controlled engines can do the same.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Prices won’t be coming down, especially not from competitors against HeyDay. I’m not really sure who HeyDay’s target audience is. The boats are tubs that hold water but don’t have a surf system. They’re basically on the same playing field as old vdrive boats before surf systems were a thing. You wouldn’t pay $80k for a 2003 Malibu Vride so why on earth would someone pay $80k for a wake boat that has zero wake or surf features? Surf systems aside, the interior of that thing screams cheap. Look at how thin those cushions are and compare to any other brand. It’s not even close. The dash is a horrible China looking sad attempt at creating a Nautique wanna-be dash. It’s just eh everywhere I look on those boats. They are not a threat to any other wake boat mfg and they aren’t going to force the market to lower prices or even pay attention to them IMO.
They claim with the hull design they don't need surf tabs. So it isn't like they're completely ignoring the fact that they don't, and it appears to be purposefully done. I'd imagine another thing to go wrong/add to the cost.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But in the end, if the boat is very surfable, which is the main goal of surf boats and features, finish and price are in line, why wouldn't get traction for the entry market.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They claim with the hull design they don't need surf tabs. So it isn't like they're completely ignoring the fact that they don't, and it appears to be purposefully done. I'd imagine another thing to go wrong/add to the cost.
The Heyday owners all use a suction wave shaper from what I see owners post on social media.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Heyday owners all use a suction wave shaper from what I see owners post on social media.
there is a line item if you build one for a "surf shaper" of sorts. So, yeah I'd say you're probably right.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
there is a line item if you build one for a "surf shaper" of sorts. So, yeah I'd say you're probably right.
They make a nice wave with the various shapers I’ve seen. I just can’t get past the other aspects of the boat but the more competition the better. Check the pics of their waves and owners comments on the Wakesurf World FB group Facebook Groups. They do get a lot of flack for their design, especially the previous models, but honestly the wave looks good with a shaper and adequate ballast. It’s just for that kind of price it’s hard for me to fathom not having some sort of integrated surf system in addition to some of the other things I don’t like about them.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They make a nice wave with the various shapers I’ve seen. I just can’t get past the other aspects of the boat but the more competition the better. Check the pics of their waves and owners comments on the Wakesurf World FB group Facebook Groups. They do get a lot of flack for their design, especially the previous models, but honestly the wave looks good with a shaper and adequate ballast. It’s just for that kind of price it’s hard for me to fathom not having some sort of integrated surf system in addition to some of the other things I don’t like about them.
I think that's fair. Maybe their "value" customer isn't concerned with putting on a suck gate to change the surf side.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure I'm 100% on board with the metal strapping for cupholders, but the rest of this area looks quite nice

1626117185875.png

I like the lack of side windows shown here. I think Supreme (Centurion value brand) does this as well.
1626117299136.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be honest, I kind of dig the design, especially the swim platform and rear facing seating area.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure I'm 100% on board with the metal strapping for cupholders, but the rest of this area looks quite nice

I like the lack of side windows shown here. I think Supreme (Centurion value brand) does this as well.
This issue I have with this is there actually is a side window with no frame. That may be an issue.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be honest, I kind of dig the design, especially the swim platform and rear facing seating area.
Agreed. As a non-surf-tech guy, that looks completely serviceable as a recreational boat that can sometimes surf.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This issue I have with this is there actually is a side window with no frame. That may be an issue.
Upon close inspection, I see that window now. I had to look hard with my old eyes though. Yea.......don't like the frameless window, that's an accident waiting to happen. I thought that was just free air there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What the heck is going on with this tow point?

Looks like a dovetail camera mount on the top, but what is the formed metal piece with the V, and bungie strap for?

1626119411063.png

*edit* Just watched the video......GoPro goes on the mount, and hte upper mount swivels with the rope staying in the "v" shape there to quide the direction of the GoPro. Fairly clever setup, and a pretty nice feature.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They probably didn't want to pony up millions of dollars to Malibu for using any type of wake shaping tab.

At the end of the day it's still a Bayliner.

As far as not having side windows, I don't have side windows on my boat and I love that feature. I can easily talk with someone in the water while sitting in the seat and it's nice to reach over the side and grab the dock. Most MasterCraft boats don't have the side windows, they made side windows an option on most of the upper end 2022 models.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 156904

View attachment 156905
I don’t mind not having fully wrapped side windows but the flatness they chose for their windshield reminds me a lot of my grandfathers old tri-hull runabout from the early 80’s. It is very flat and looks thin. Of course I understand it’s hard to keep costs down on a low volume boat like a Heyday but would have liked something nicer looking and more substantial/ stronger. I’m with ya on the rear cup holder “arms”.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
MSRP between the H22 and the Moomba Craz is about 11k for boats that I have built online. I guess it comes down to who offers the most discount. If you can get 20-25% off on the heyday, but only 10% off on the moomba with it already being 11k more......you might take the heyday if you're really budget conscious. If you can get those boats ~70k OTD there's a good chance they'll snag a few people that otherwise might have stretched for something else.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That 11k price difference in the Craz (or other big brand) is a lot more boat for the money, not even bringing dealer support into the equation. In the grand scheme IMO these HD boats won’t snag that many people from the big players. That’s not a bad thing. It’s just what it is. It does offer people who don’t care about fit, finish and surf features as much as just getting Into vdrive boats at a cheaper price point. Not sure what all that savings truly gets you in the end but that is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. For me if I wanted a vdrive without a surf system I’d probably just get an older boat for much cheaper than $80k. Different strokes for different folks is all.