• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Heyday… Impressive!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
These things have been the butt of all tow boat jokes for a few years now, however watching this video on the 2022 model… I gotta say they might have a winner.

The rear seating with the gate on the white model might allow for someone to sit back there while under way?

645D47B8-5F90-49ED-B377-D2B4EBACAAEE.pngEF29B225-1753-4B29-8D64-94CAE21D90BD.png

I know it’s still a “cheap” tow boat, but I’m impressed.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They've got worse QA/QC than yamaha does. Also with it being nearly the cheapest they do have to cut corners somewhere. Seams coming apart on brand new boats, simrad units having all kinds of issues, etc. I looked HARDCORE at them when we were deciding to go with a new 212x to replace my 09 or a tow boat. The issues with them just turned me off. Sure it'd be under warranty, BUT there's also a lot of complaints of them not covering obvious warranty items. So dealer support widescale isn't all that great. With them moving away with this boat from their funky design they're going to get a second look for sure. There's 1-2 of those(heyday boats) I see regularly at our local lake.

Still with a build price of 85k I'd much rather go with the Moomba craz. With the discount I know you can get on Moomba's you'd likely end up nearly at the same price, but with a better boat.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I still want to check one out in person. Closest dealer is almost an 8 hour drive and I can’t quite justify it. I know most people really don’t like their other hull design but I like it, maybe because it is so different from others. This new layout is pretty cool too. Especially if CO levels are low enough and enforcement allows for riders to face the riders on those back seats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sitting back there while underway is not smart, gate or not. Good way to die from CO poisoning.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They put a different bow on this one which makes it look like a more traditional boat. It does look way better than their other boats, but it's still a Bayliner. I can't see how they are advertising riding in the rear facing seats while underway, it's 100% illegal. Maybe the gate in the back technically makes the rear seats the interior of the boat? I guarantee law enforcement will have no problem issuing you a ticket if someone is riding back there while underway. It doesn't matter if your boat has zero emissions or a surf pipe, law enforcement does not care it's still illegal to sit on the sundeck, swim platform, rear seats, etc. while underway.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They put a different bow on this one which makes it look like a more traditional boat. It does look way better than their other boats, but it's still a Bayliner. I can't see how they are advertising riding in the rear facing seats while underway, it's 100% illegal. Maybe the gate in the back technically makes the rear seats the interior of the boat? I guarantee law enforcement will have no problem issuing you a ticket if someone is riding back there while underway. It doesn't matter if your boat has zero emissions or a surf pipe, law enforcement does not care it's still illegal to sit on the sundeck, swim platform, rear seats, etc. while underway.
Wouldn’t be any different than a pontoon with rear facing seats, IMO.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly, my pontoon has rear facing seats/bench and the gate/chain makes it legal to ride there

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

This is how the law is written:
  • Never sit, teak surf, or hang on the back deck or swim platform while the engines are running. Teak surfing is NEVER a safe activity.
That's why I was wondering if adding the small handrail technically made that a part of the boat and not the back deck, kind of a gray area. But I'm pretty sure you would lose an argument with law enforcement if they pulled you over because someone was riding as shown in the pictures and videos.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is how the law is written:
  • Never sit, teak surf, or hang on the back deck or swim platform while the engines are running. Teak surfing is NEVER a safe activity.
That's why I was wondering if adding the small handrail technically made that a part of the boat and not the back deck, kind of a gray area. But I'm pretty sure you would lose an argument with law enforcement if they pulled you over because someone was riding as shown in the pictures and videos.
Correct, you'll never win an "on water" argument with a LEO, but you might be able to fight it in front of a judge IF Heyday calls that part of the boat something beside a back deck or swim platform.

Same concept as this:

1625834924795.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They've got worse QA/QC than yamaha does. Also with it being nearly the cheapest they do have to cut corners somewhere. Seams coming apart on brand new boats, simrad units having all kinds of issues, etc. I looked HARDCORE at them when we were deciding to go with a new 212x to replace my 09 or a tow boat. The issues with them just turned me off. Sure it'd be under warranty, BUT there's also a lot of complaints of them not covering obvious warranty items. So dealer support widescale isn't all that great. With them moving away with this boat from their funky design they're going to get a second look for sure. There's 1-2 of those(heyday boats) I see regularly at our local lake.

Still with a build price of 85k I'd much rather go with the Moomba craz. With the discount I know you can get on Moomba's you'd likely end up nearly at the same price, but with a better boat.
100% agree with this - even in those videos you can see the vinyl ripples around the edges of the cushions. However if they can make a large dent in the market over the next five years, it'll force the big boys to drop their prices. My experience last spring climbing on Malibus, Tiges, and Moombas was "These guys are insane for asking the cost of a small house for the quality of these boats."

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the concept of the back rail, perhaps something that slides closed like how Barn Doors work. I would be all for it if it was safe and there was no issues with CO gases and poisoning.

As far as the boat in general. What we need in the market is a solid Disruptor with features that are needed as well as solid QA/QC at an attractive price. That would put the other MFG's on alert.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I like the concept of the back rail, perhaps something that slides closed like how Barn Doors work. I would be all for it if it was safe and there was no issues with CO gases and poisoning.

As far as the boat in general. What we need in the market is a solid Disruptor with features that are needed as well as solid QA/QC at an attractive price. That would put the other MFG's on alert.
Someone needs to build a hybrid. Prop for low speed towing that converts to a jet drive for running the shallows and cruising.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

That's essentially what they're trying to do. Limited touch screens, albeit they're still struggling with their simrad, actual switches for things like ballast fill/empty. I like the concept, I don't know what the discounts are on those. I know Moomba you can get pretty decent discounts. We have one Heyday dealer I'm aware of and it looks like it's in an abandoned building. So I never stepped foot on their lot to look. It's also in a super sketch part of town, so I'm like ehhhhhhhhhh, no. Just thinking if my boat had to be in for warranty work and sit in that lot there, no thanks. LOL!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most wake boat have engine exhausts on the transom. Outboards engine exhaust goes through the middle of the prop. So there is a big difference. Now some wake boats are ducting their exhausts below the water line behind the prop....like this:

1625845016836.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Most wake boat have engine exhausts on the transom. Outboards engine exhaust goes through the middle of the prop. So there is a big difference. Now some wake boats are ducting their exhausts below the water line behind the prop....like this:

View attachment 156461
Someone needs to build that for our Yammies...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That's essentially what they're trying to do. Limited touch screens, albeit they're still struggling with their simrad, actual switches for things like ballast fill/empty.
Am I the only one who would rather physical switches over touch screens??? Like i get the premium look and all but... Id rather one switch fail as opposed to MY ENTIRE SCREEN... Im so sick of manufacturers half assing "luxury items" and charging like they work mint.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Am I the only one who would rather physical switches over touch screens??? Like i get the premium look and all but... Id rather one switch fail as opposed to MY ENTIRE SCREEN... Im so sick of manufacturers half assing "luxury items" and charging like they work mint.
Me too, I'm glad I have a 2018. To hell with connext, I have a Garmin that displays speed and depth and if it malfunctions doesn't affect the boat at all. Even without the Garmin I would rather just look at the gauges and not have to worry about it