• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Heyday… Impressive!

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That 11k price difference in the Craz (or other big brand) is a lot more boat for the money, not even bringing dealer support into the equation. In the grand scheme IMO these HD boats won’t snag that many people from the big players. That’s not a bad thing. It’s just what it is. It does offer people who don’t care about fit, finish and surf features as much as just getting Into vdrive boats at a cheaper price point. Not sure what all that savings truly gets you in the end but that is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. For me if I wanted a vdrive without a surf system I’d probably just get an older boat for much cheaper than $80k. Different strokes for different folks is all.
I dont think Heyday intends on stealing anybody from the big players lol. Anybody who can afford to ride with the big players certainly wont be looking at Heyday. Theyre after the lower-middle income family who just want to give their kids a chance at wake surfing without taking out a second mortgage. I agree with you, 11K price difference for substantially more boat and better dealer support is really worth it in the long run. But as @suke suggested, if you can get an ADDITIONAL 20-25% off the already 11K cheaper boat, compared to 10% off the more expensive one, that might open the doors to a lot of families who couldn't initially afford to surf. That, or it would allow people to buy a surf boat outright without getting caught up in a ridiculous 20+ year finance plans.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d probably just get an older boat for much cheaper than $80k. Different strokes for different folks is all.
This is the use case IMO. Not everyone is surf-centric in ownership, and a V-Drive offers a lot of similar benefits to a jet (no prop under the back, Open rear seating area, decent at wake sports beyond surfing. For me, I don't need the shallow water capability as most of the lakes I boat on regularly I could touch the keel to shore and keep a prop safe from the bottom. I rarely go to shore anyway. A V-drive has a nice layout a good ride, and is much quieter than a jet. It's a decent "do it all" boat for us fresh water boaters. Driveline is more complex, but that's not the end of world for some.

I suspect there is a good deal of the population that wants the look and feel of a surf boat, but either doesn't actually surf, or doesn't mind modifying/adding/etc to get what they want. Similar to buying a home with large rooms, but builder grade finishes. You get the space and shape you want, and you can tune the appearance and function down the road. Combine that with people that never buy used, and a lower priced V-drive entry might do acceptably well. Probably not robbing sales from the dedicated surf boats, but might grab some sales from other "value" brands.

I do agree though, for me, I would be looking at 5-6yr old boats instead of new. The depreciation on these large wake boats is pretty rough in non-covid times.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is the use case IMO. Not everyone is surf-centric in ownership, and a V-Drive offers a lot of similar benefits to a jet (no prop under the back, Open rear seating area, decent at wake sports beyond surfing. For me, I don't need the shallow water capability as most of the lakes I boat on regularly I could touch the keel to shore and keep a prop safe from the bottom. I rarely go to shore anyway. A V-drive has a nice layout a good ride, and is much quieter than a jet. It's a decent "do it all" boat for us fresh water boaters. Driveline is more complex, but that's not the end of world for some.

I suspect there is a good deal of the population that wants the look and feel of a surf boat, but either doesn't actually surf, or doesn't mind modifying/adding/etc to get what they want. Similar to buying a home with large rooms, but builder grade finishes. You get the space and shape you want, and you can tune the appearance and function down the road. Combine that with people that never buy used, and a lower priced V-drive entry might do acceptably well. Probably not robbing sales from the dedicated surf boats, but might grab some sales from other "value" brands.

I do agree though, for me, I would be looking at 5-6yr old boats instead of new. The depreciation on these large wake boats is pretty rough in non-covid times.
In non covid times you could also get 30-35% off prior year models and demo Malibu boats. Prior to picking up my new X I was looking at a left over 2019 Malibu that had all the options I wanted minus the gator step floors, which they could have added for me for basically nothing. For about 75-80k OTD. I probably could have squeezed some more as at that time they were thinking covid was going to make it to where they wouldn't be able to sell ANY boats. Which we all know the opposite happened. That one would have been a steal.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The entry boats have a lower profit margin so discounts aren’t typically as much as you can negotiate on a mid or upper level brands. That being said either is more than you can typically get from a Yamaha dealer where usually it’s just a free coast guard kit, cover or some other do-dads. I can’t remember what I ended up working off my Moomba but I want to say 10-15% was typical pre-COVID times and anything higher was doing pretty good. The higher you go up on brand MSRP the more wiggle room you might get but there are other factors such as dealer size and volume of sales they do. Smaller places may not be able to negotiate or be as willing than higher volume dealerships. At the end of the day far more comes into choosing these boats from a dealer than just price discounts you can get from them. That goes for any boat dealer, brand, jet or not really.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The entry boats have a lower profit margin so discounts aren’t typically as much as you can negotiate on a mid or upper level brands. That being said either is more than you can typically get from a Yamaha dealer where usually it’s just a free coast guard kit, cover or some other do-dads. I can’t remember what I ended up working off my Moomba but I want to say 10-15% was typical pre-COVID times and anything higher was doing pretty good. The higher you go up on brand MSRP the more wiggle room you might get but there are other factors such as dealer size and volume of sales they do. Smaller places may not be able to negotiate or be as willing than higher volume dealerships. At the end of the day far more comes into choosing these boats from a dealer than just price discounts you can get from them. That goes for any boat dealer, brand, jet or not really.
I would definitely say your last statement is what is concerning to me. For my next boat I really wanna go with a Moomba Craz. I feel that boat right now, for me, ticks all of the boxes. My local dealer doesn't have the best reviews. Then the next closest dealer is on my favorite lake, and just changed owners, so not sure how much has changed for them. Fortunately I'm not boat shopping for the next few years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@suke A large chunk of why I chose Moomba over others was the dealer. Not saying it trumps all but it definitely can make it break a boat owner relationship if the dealer doesn’t make you feel like more than just another notch on their belt. My dealer also sells Supra and MasterCraft. They previously sold Axis and Malibu but they’ve been with Skiers Choice for several years now and they like the relationship better than with Malibu. My dealer has always been there for me on any help or issues. They go above and beyond to keep in touch with me or invite me to events and gatherings where things are catered and offer swag goodies.

The freebies aren’t what’s really important but taking care of customers if they have issues with minimal, if any, pushback and just being good people goes a long ways. My previous Yamaha dealer experience was nothing like what I experience now. I wouldn’t dare let them work on my AR192 but I have all the confidence in my new dealers service dept as I got to know them before I ever spent a dime buying a boat from them. When the time comes to shop boats all I can suggest is get to know all the dealers and check out as many boats as you can. Get the one that you like but also pick one that has a dealer you feel comfortable with. If your local Moomba dealer isn’t a good dealer or is known to not be one you should let Skiers Choice know. They don’t care to have dealers out there that don’t represent their brand well.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I like a lot about the Moomba. The beam is carried much farther forward in the H22 than the Craz which I like a lot and the rear facing seating is a big plus. Even though they say it is safe I would verify it my self with my CO monitor in numerous conditions before allowing it. Not have a surf system is actually a plus for me as a suck gate is a lot easier to “fix”.
The other attractive thing for me is Bayliner in previous years was offering a “bow to stern” 8 year extended warranty that disappeared when covid hit.
However, regardless of manufacturer, I don’t like the amount of electronic control being introduced to these boats that could leave you dead in the water.
Getting a used boat always fells like a crap shoot even when buying from a dealer (unless they maintained it themselves) because I have seen boaters do things to their boats intentionally that would make me never want to be the next owner.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke A large chunk of why I chose Moomba over others was the dealer. Not saying it trumps all but it definitely can make it break a boat owner relationship if the dealer doesn’t make you feel like more than just another notch on their belt. My dealer also sells Supra and MasterCraft. They previously sold Axis and Malibu but they’ve been with Skiers Choice for several years now and they like the relationship better than with Malibu. My dealer has always been there for me on any help or issues. They go above and beyond to keep in touch with me or invite me to events and gatherings where things are catered and offer swag goodies.

The freebies aren’t what’s really important but taking care of customers if they have issues with minimal, if any, pushback and just being good people goes a long ways. My previous Yamaha dealer experience was nothing like what I experience now. I wouldn’t dare let them work on my AR192 but I have all the confidence in my new dealers service dept as I got to know them before I ever spent a dime buying a boat from them. When the time comes to shop boats all I can suggest is get to know all the dealers and check out as many boats as you can. Get the one that you like but also pick one that has a dealer you feel comfortable with. If your local Moomba dealer isn’t a good dealer or is known to not be one you should let Skiers Choice know. They don’t care to have dealers out there that don’t represent their brand well.
I've dealt with our local Malibu dealer when I was working the deal on that left over, and they're amazing. They're out in the local community quite a bit, have a great social media presence (I know not all that impressive), and their facilities are top notch. Even when I told the guy the deal wasn't going to pan out he continued to chat with me about boats, boating in general, and if I ever wanted to just come out and test some of their boats they're always down the street from me at my local lake doing demo days. Or if I wanted a personal test drive he'd meet me out there, no strings attached. Even though our interaction was short, I never felt like he was trying to sell me. Just there to help guide me along should I need the help. I haven't personally dealt with the Moomba dealer, so I really can only go off what I hear from folks that have. Right now there's really no sense in bothering them. I'd only be a tire kicker for an unknown future date. Once we move and I can convince my wife we'll never really use our boat in salt any/or our little one gets into tow sports, I'll start reaching out to dealers.

I will say my yamaha sales experience was top notch. Their service/warranty work is not all that great. Next go round if I need something on my boat I'll go to the yamaha dealer closest to me, even though I didn't buy from there.

Last edited:

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now, the WT-Surf has these weird rear bathtub things. Not sure I'm really digging those. Be neat beer coolers for Poker Run Weekend I suppose.

View attachment 156913
Bathtub FTW. Pump some warm exhaust water into the tubs and let the party begin !!!!

And when you don't want a hot tub you get a giant platform
WT-Surf-Table.gif

Last edited:

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bathtub FTW. Pump some warm exhaust water into the tubs and let the party begin !!!!

And when you don't want a hot tub you get a giant platform
View attachment 157065
Looks pretty spacious and comfortable. However, I do not like that color combo at all or the exceptionally cheap looking, bright white, plastic, afterthought table. The interior is probably $5000 away from looking very good/ high quality. Then offer some adult, classier, hull colors and how they’re combined with the upholstery colors and those boats would look a lot richer than they do now. HeyDay could still offer the clown 🤡 car colors for those seeking such distinction.

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been contemplating moving into a v-drive and the H22 has some nice features but resale and lack of a proper surf system just means it's a no-go. The best value/quality for 2022 has to be the new Supreme S220/240. Wave comparable if not better then then 250K+ boats with a great rough water ride.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been contemplating moving into a v-drive and the H22 has some nice features but resale and lack of a proper surf system just means it's a no-go. The best value/quality for 2022 has to be the new Supreme S220/240. Wave comparable if not better then then 250K+ boats with a great rough water ride.
Have you seen pricing on the new S220? I really like that boat, BUT from what I've seen a decent price S220 is mid 130's I hear.

If you could get a screaming deal on the H22, which I don't think you'll be able to right now, you could install Go Surf Assist for $4600. If you get the boat for in the 70's it's still worlds cheaper than the next cheapest wake boat. The NXT22 which I got false information from a dealer on, can be had easily for 100k OTD at nearly MSRP pricing. So you could probably get that one close to an H22 with GSA. Me personally I'd rather go with the NXT22.

MGR Motorsports

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The H22 is pretty legit. But at 100k I'd much rather order a different brand wake boat.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Have you seen pricing on the new S220? I really like that boat, BUT from what I've seen a decent price S220 is mid 130's I hear.

If you could get a screaming deal on the H22, which I don't think you'll be able to right now, you could install Go Surf Assist for $4600. If you get the boat for in the 70's it's still worlds cheaper than the next cheapest wake boat. The NXT22 which I got false information from a dealer on, can be had easily for 100k OTD at nearly MSRP pricing. So you could probably get that one close to an H22 with GSA. Me personally I'd rather go with the NXT22.
From what I’ve seen in CA the NXT22 is going to run north of $120k. That’s $30k more than the H22 with all the options I would choose. Either way I’ll stick with my current hole in the water 😁

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From what I’ve seen in CA the NXT22 is going to run north of $120k. That’s $30k more than the H22 with all the options I would choose. Either way I’ll stick with my current hole in the water 😁
Dealers offer some pretty steep discounts on MC boats. One of the few still offering them.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dont think Heyday intends on stealing anybody from the big players lol. Anybody who can afford to ride with the big players certainly wont be looking at Heyday. Theyre after the lower-middle income family who just want to give their kids a chance at wake surfing without taking out a second mortgage. I agree with you, 11K price difference for substantially more boat and better dealer support is really worth it in the long run. But as @suke suggested, if you can get an ADDITIONAL 20-25% off the already 11K cheaper boat, compared to 10% off the more expensive one, that might open the doors to a lot of families who couldn't initially afford to surf. That, or it would allow people to buy a surf boat outright without getting caught up in a ridiculous 20+ year finance plans.
"Theyre after the lower-middle income family who just want to give their kids a chance at wake surfing without taking out a second mortgage."

That's how it always starts out. That is how it started with Honda in the new car space. If there was the internet back then, the posts would all be similar in tone. We can all remember Hyundai coming to the US. Many laughed and it was only for the poor with no (or very poor) credit. Fast forward to today and Tiger Woods is crashing a Genesis GV80 and Hyundai is a perennial top performer in the US for syndicated quality awards.

Make no mistake, Heyday is 100% intends on stealing from the big players. They are just using a time honored strategy to do it. It's worked since the manufacturing age and it will work for HeyDay. in ten to 15 years, they will be a consideration for anyone in the market.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealers offer some pretty steep discounts on MC boats. One of the few still offering them.
I get my 2022 Mastercraft NXT22 on Saturday, and you are correct, I didn't pay $120K. It is pretty decked out too. All the surf packages, surf pro, tower speakers, trailer, heated seats etc.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I get my 2022 Mastercraft NXT22 on Saturday, and you are correct, I didn't pay $120K. It is pretty decked out too. All the surf packages, surf pro, tower speakers, trailer, heated seats etc.
Definitely post some pics when you get it!!! If you don't mind what was your discounted price? Closest dealer to me looks to be taking 22% off without any negotiation.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats, you will love the MC it's a great boat.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely post some pics when you get it!!! If you don't mind what was your discounted price? Closest dealer to me looks to be taking 22% off without any negotiation.
Will do. Also I meant to say heater not heated seats. I think you have to go to the XT22 to get heated seats.

My dealer does not want me sharing pricing, but excluding the trailer I barely hit six figures. Generally with supply and demand where it is, there is not much room for negotiations either.