• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Yamaha Wish List

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
they should make a patented design where the hardtop on the 25 ft wake series transform the boat into enclosed cabin. like how the roof operates on a convertable car, you know but without the full enclosure of the aft section of the boat. Basically folding the hardtop wake tower down.
I think that's been done on some high end boats and may be patented already.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I think that's been done on some high end boats and may be patented already.
i highly doubt it has been done on some wake boat towers

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For 2023 - Yamaha designers should scan this forum for all the mods that have been done and design the best ones into the boat / trailer. As simple as adding a decent bow roller, or a dedicated space for folks to mount electronics etc. maybe even add a couple blank switches at the helm. Or include JBP steering maybe.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
i highly doubt it has been done on some wake boat towers
Check out the super air nautique paragon. They’ve had a power fold and telescoping tower for a few years.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Check out the super air nautique paragon. They’ve had a power fold and telescoping tower for a few years.
nice. i stand corrected by a hair but it doesnt seal the top to the windshield and its not a hard top to create that cockpit feel like fighter jet, you know because we have a jet boat lol. something about that telescope tower doesnt feel or flow right by design

Last edited:

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
nice. i stand corrected by a hair but it doesnt seal the top to the windshield and its not a hard top to create that cockpit feel like fighter jet, you know because we have a jet boat lol. something about that telescope tower doesnt feel or flow right by design
The soft top allows for board storage on top. A hard top could be scratched. And I think the space left between the windshield and top is to allow for airflow. It would get really hot under there without airflow or A/C. But I do get what you’re saying and it’s a cool concept.

Personally, the power top has too many moving parts that could break. I’d settle for a counter-balanced tower with a quick release for easy lowering by one person over a power option any day.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Personally, the power top has too many moving parts that could break.
If designed properly, it's not an issue. Think about how many parts are inside your engines...whoa...
:D

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
If designed properly, it's not an issue. Think about how many parts are inside your engines...whoa...
:D
Mechanical vs electrical…apples and oranges.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
i would also like independent control for each nozzle. for twin engine boats. to be able to point the nozzles in surfpointe angles while surfing and be able to straighten out while wanting to hit top speeds. also in addition to the keel add rudders for each engine in parallel with it but also working independently with the mechanical motion of the nozzles. basic purpose is still steer in the direction you want to go at low speeds and optimize the surf wake.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It would get really hot under there without airflow or A/C.
dont connect the wind blocking gate in between the helm of the starboard and port thats below the windshield if you want air

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mechanical vs electrical…apples and oranges.
Ok how about ECU...lots of electrical parts in there controlling your engine. Your laptop or computer. Your phone. Maybe we should go back into caves and beware the dangers?
👽

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
i would also like independent control for each nozzle. for twin engine boats. to be able to point the nozzles in surfpointe angles while surfing and be able to straighten out while wanting to hit top speeds. also in addition to the keel add rudders for each engine in parallel with it but also working independently with the mechanical motion of the nozzles. basic purpose is still steer in the direction you want to go at low speeds and optimize the surf wake.
Whole cows batman...at this rate of extras, next years' models will be in the same price range as Cigarette boats.
:p

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NMEA compatibility would be big.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another thought - I’m actually thinking of doing this mod, maybe it’s been done before.. springs or counterbalance weight for lifting and lowering the tower. Maybe a spring around the support cable?

Below this area:

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok that's a good one I'd like to see too.
I guess the problem is, for us - boat buyers in general, most things that would be great will never be implemented by Yamaha. With the current demand for boats and low inventory, I wonder how much innovation will be incorporated until they have to, to keep selling more of their boats. One of the biggest things that I really liked last year was the 25' footers and their new hull design. It appears that was very impactful.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Ok how about ECU...lots of electrical parts in there controlling your engine. Your laptop or computer. Your phone. Maybe we should go back into caves and beware the dangers?
👽
Wow…that escalated fast. Take a few deep breathes and re-center on the context of the statement. All I said is that an electronic telescoping tower adds unnecessary complication for me. You took that all the way living in caves. Pretty sure you skipped a ton of steps there lol! But I did get a good laugh out of reading your comment :winkingthumbsup"

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wow…that escalated fast. Take a few deep breathes and re-center on the context of the statement. All I said is that an electronic telescoping tower adds unnecessary complication for me. You took that all the way living in caves. Pretty sure you skipped a ton of steps there lol! But I did get a good laugh out of reading your comment :winkingthumbsup"
No escalation. It was intended as humorous...if you prefer doing it by hand that's fine. Personally I like pushing a button over turning a manual handle.
🚤🚤
That's part of what we liked about moving into a brand new boat with the toys instead of old gauges and knobs.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Ok that's a good one I'd like to see too.
@HangOutdoors how would this be a big improvement? serious question..... just to standardized CAN bus communication for all marine applications?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors how would this be a big improvement? serious question..... just to standardized CAN bus communication for all marine applications?
It could allow access to all the ECU data like hours, temps, flow rates, etc. that could be displayed on an MFD like a Garmin or Raymarine chartplotter.