• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH (TR-1) spark plug gap/need for TR-1 specific info.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sooo having had my own Rally Car business I've never opened a box of NGKs to find they were all pregapped correctly. Generally close, but not "correct". With that said, does anyone know what the actual gap is supposed to be? I'm looking for an electronic copy of the manual now that is not a rental (highway robbery... you can buy a paper copy but only rent an electronic one for a year? What the F?).

Should be retiring in 10 mos or so. Thinking I need to construct some content for the FAQs that pertains to these newer boats.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You rock... looks like I’m going to have to order paper for now. But seriously, outside the bathroom who uses paper anymore?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
As an FYI vs told you so, 2 out of six plugs where 0.031” and a 3rd over 0.032”. This is at and above the max spec gap. Would not take much wear to cause a noticeable difference with those. That’s pretty common in my experience with “pre-gapped” plugs.

I’d be willing to bet pushing all of them closer to the lower end of the gap would maintain performance for a significantly increased interval.

Mind you there are many factors involved depending on your specific engines, location, and weather.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Touché

However, I prefer steel 😎

Zeusmotorworks