• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH trolling motor mount pics?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have V-Max MR147-155 Ah 12 volt batteries at 90 lbs each and get about 6 hrs of trolling. Weight and trolling time, both big advantages to the Lithium battery. Can you convert your 2-3 days of trolling into hours of trolling? ...and at reaching 80% what is the recharge time? Thanks

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thinking about the 36V Lithium Pros battery but over $3,000 is tough to swallow. You will certainly benefit from the weight savings though. Good call.
That pill is what led me to the unit from lithium battery store. Believe it was around $1800

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have V-Max MR147-155 Ah 12 volt batteries at 90 lbs each and get about 6 hrs of trolling. Weight and trolling time, both big advantages to the Lithium battery. Can you convert your 2-3 days of trolling into hours of trolling? ...and at reaching 80% what is the recharge time? Thanks
The unit is in constant use as I don’t ever throw anchor anymore (spot lock). On the occasions I do work a spot
And am not in constant motion. With that said I’ve never tried to track hours as it varies with the wind (no pun). I rarely fish for an eight hour stretch though.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Forgot to add recharge time is about an hour or two but I only run it down to 80%.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Also remember that to compare apples to oranges you have to double the lithium ah to get a more accurate comparison.

Lithium 60ah is closer to a 120ah lead acid in usable discharge or so is my understanding.

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mocked up...
Very nice job. Looking to create the same mount. To attach the backplate did you reach in through the speaker hole? Seems an impossible reach through the storage area.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes, needed the speaker holes to get my gorilla meat hooks in there.

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
BTW... Biting the bullet tomorrow and ordering a Riptide Ulterra 112lb 60" w/iPilot Link, Minn Kota quick detach, and a 36V 60AH Lithium LiFePO4 battery/charger. Right now I'm leaning toward fabing a .5" piece of 6061for the mount. But we will see. Whatever I do I'll post up pics.
Based on you experience with the 60 AH battery do you think a 50 AH battery would be sufficient? I have a Minn Kota 80 lbs trolling motor with a 24v system.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It depends greatly on your use. I will say that I was originally leaning for the less expensive option as well. No regrets after the initial $$$ hit.

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It depends greatly on your use. I will say that I was originally leaning for the less expensive option as well. No regrets after the initial $$$ hit.
I mostly fish the ICW around Jacksonville, FL. My fishing days are usually no more than 4-5 hours per day.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I mostly fish the ICW around Jacksonville, FL. My fishing days are usually no more than 4-5 hours per day.
I've not looked at the lower voltage batteries. I would think you would be good with a 24v 50ah based off my results. However, I'm both mathematically and electrically challenged.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sooooooooo today just made me chuckle... Don't know what the winds were on lake Travis, but fished from about 0900 to noon, then spent the next 6 hours being anchor for my 210 FSH, a 19 ft Bayliner and another friends 25 foot whatever it is. Started the day at 40.3 volts. Ended the day at 39.0 volts. Money WELL spent!!!

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sooooooooo today just made me chuckle... Don't know what the winds were on lake Travis, but fished from about 0900 to noon, then spent the next 6 hours being anchor for my 210 FSH, a 19 ft Bayliner and another friends 25 foot whatever it is. Started the day at 40.3 volts. Ended the day at 39.0 volts. Money WELL spent!!!
Good to know. Just ordered a 24v 50ah battle born and should arrive next week. Fabing up an aluminum plate now and will post pics of process and final result. Hoping to have install done in next two weekends.

Last edited:

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I bought the 24v 50ah battery on eBay from ZeroFuel and I don't regret it a bit. I usually fish between 5-10 hours per trip around the Jacksonville area and have yet to kill the battery. This includes fishing the St Johns River inlet for 4-5 hours with a 4-5 knot current ripping and putting the trolling motor into nonstop use. I was initially sceptical the 50 ah battery wouldn't be sufficient but now I am so glad I saved the money and bought it. The 60 ah was just too unreasonable.

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Dumb questions but what charger are you guys using on your 24v battery? Minn Kotta’s Precision will only charge a 12v battery so you would use two battery banks for a 24v system, but a single battery is not a system. So do you have two different chargers?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
For mine I used the battery manufacturers charger.

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use the battery manufacturer's charger which came with the battery. It's a generic charger. I only have one charger.

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Completed my mounting bracket install. I used standard woodworking tools to drill, counter sink and round the ends of the aluminum. I was going to powder coat it and probably will as I know the auto paint won’t hold up. Decided to put the rubber bushings that come with the riptide under the bracket so the aluminum wouldn’t contact the gelcoat. Used 2” x 1/8” backing plates. Zero flex when in use and easily fits under the cover.

For power, I bit the bullet and bought the Battleborn 24v 50ah. Nice having just one battery and only 29lbs. Not to mention all the other benefits of Lithium and 10yr warranty. Ended up having to buy a separate charger/tender, but that was relatively cheap ($160) compared to the motor and battery!

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Good stuff... I CAN NOT relay how freakin happy I've been with my 36v system. It just runs like a feaking rock star and pulls the 21 foot boat like a freight train! AND I can go out multiple times without recharging! Again, for about 6 hours had my 21', a 19' and a 25' all lashed together being held in place by my trolling motor after me fishing for about 4 hours. Hardly touched the voltage. Just recently changed my golf cart battery to a RoyPow 51v 105ah lithium and the cart is a beast now. True lithium convert!

JetSetter72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally got the Minn Kota added! Job came out really nice as far as I can tell. Ordered the custom aluminum mount from Midwest Steel (thanks for the tip on this place). Got it in about 2 days with expedited shipping, had it powder coated in one day, Minn Kota quick release added. After looking around I decided to let the power pros at bass pro shop do the install. The tech was very knowledgeable on installs and made everything look very clean and neat, factory standards. Two interstate batteries (G27) all the way forward in changing room, with breaker and MK 220 PC battery charger mounted on the adjacent wall. He also added the inlet for quick plug in, no need to open changing room to charge. In addition to MK trolling motor install, I also had the Garmin UHD 94sv added. Placed the transducer level with water line and took into account for jet wash. Added the ball swivel for the Garmin, works really well. Also added to the Garmin to the extra accessory switch in the helm console. Overall, between mount/trolling motor, Garmin, transducer, battery charger and wiring I was at about 7 hours of labor with them, well worth the price, which was cheaper than several of the other quotes I received; plus only had to leave the boat for 2 days, not for weeks like the other places demanded. Overall, very satisfied with the quality install, nothing left to do but test everything on the water!

Attachments

Last edited: