• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH trolling motor mount pics?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Still loving my setup... the 112lb Ulterra/36v lithium is going strong and still holding 3 boats all day when I hang out with friends, or lasts for days fishing. Good Stuff!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome glad to hear it. You inspired me after my stock mount flexed under the weight of my Garmin force and chipped some gel coat.
I went full lunatic and built one out of 1/2” stainless plate. It weighs about 20 pounds, but it’s blue the strongest part of my boat.
Thanks for the inspiration!

JediFish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome glad to hear it. You inspired me after my stock mount flexed under the weight of my Garmin force and chipped some gel coat.
I went full lunatic and built one out of 1/2” stainless plate. It weighs about 20 pounds, but it’s blue the strongest part of my boat.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Did you go with the 57” force for your 210Fsh? How does it perform in mild chop? Is it long enough? Would love a pic if you could please👍🏼

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you go with the 57” force for your 210Fsh? How does it perform in mild chop? Is it long enough? Would love a pic if you could please👍🏼
Yeah I went 57. If we balance weight front to back it seems to do decent, load up the transom with significant chop and you’ll hear it surface.

If they ever make a longer version I’d think about upgrading, or swapping the shaft at least. It would be really easy to swap out if they ever do make a longer shaft.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought I posted pics, here’s another try.
Meditating kid one is with the new mount, others are before I redid it.

Attachments

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finished product.
Do you have the mooring cover for the boat? I am seeing problems with mooring cover having that little boot for the bracket and a need for the removeable bracket but placement needs to match the stupid cover.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Fits my OEM cover fits fine with the quick disconnect. No issues. Guess I never took a pic with the motor removed.

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fits my OEM cover fits fine with the quick disconnect. No issues. Guess I never took a pic with the motor removed.
Thanks, My trolling motor has been mounted by the dealer a little too far forward and cover won't fit. They are going to be moving it back along the gunnel. ALso, they did not make the motor detachable and they are doing that now too.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally got around to making my mount and installing the trolling motor. Not shown in this photo, but I am currently running the wires into the anchor locker. I’ll probably stick with that setup. I also have the ipilot link cable so adding a plug somewhere on deck for power won’t be too beneficial. We were able to get in the water this past weekend and loved it. The anchoring feature alone made it well worth the money.
D59EE52F-3801-4FEF-A3DC-9FD6B9EEC6B8.jpegBED66079-CF2D-4916-A3B7-3993D755A59B.jpeg1AB7FF1E-A015-4931-9907-A21EAD9D1856.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still loving my setup... the 112lb Ulterra/36v lithium is going strong and still holding 3 boats all day when I hang out with friends, or lasts for days fishing. Good Stuff!
Pretty amazing right there...that it can hold three boats in place, and to be able to that all day is a testament to the LiFe battery.

Glad it is working out so well for you!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have the mooring cover for the boat? I am seeing problems with mooring cover having that little boot for the bracket and a need for the removeable bracket but placement needs to match the stupid cover.
The OEM cove has a pocket that is zippered just in case you don’t have the OEM trolling motor Mount. As need to have the quick disconnect Mount and remove your troller when putting on the cover. I pull my troller off of I’m going to be trailering more than 10 miles, the quick disconnect makes this a 2 min affair.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally got around to making my mount and installing the trolling motor. Not shown in this photo, but I am currently running the wires into the anchor locker. I’ll probably stick with that setup. I also have the ipilot link cable so adding a plug somewhere on deck for power won’t be too beneficial. We were able to get in the water this past weekend and loved it. The anchoring feature alone made it well worth the money.
View attachment 146691View attachment 146694View attachment 146695
Very nice work. Is that Powder Coating or did you do something fancier like Cerakote? Mine is 1/2" stainless plate and I might get it finished to match the hull as closely as possible.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice work. Is that Powder Coating or did you do something fancier like Cerakote? Mine is 1/2" stainless plate and I might get it finished to match the hull as closely as possible.
My original plan was powder coat but the quote I got for it was $250. I decided to spray paint it and see how well I liked the setup before investing that much in it. I know it’s not to hold up too well but for now it looks pretty good.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My original plan was powder coat but the quote I got for it was $250. I decided to spray paint it and see how well I liked the setup before investing that much in it. I know it’s not to hold up too well but for now it looks pretty good.
It looks damn good. Maybe I'll fall back and give that a shot first! Thanks!

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks. I was nervous about the install but I think it turned out really well.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Pretty amazing right there...that it can hold three boats in place, and to be able to that all day is a testament to the LiFe battery.

Glad it is working out so well for you!
I dare say that I'd not use the boat even half as often without it. By far the best purchase for the boat. I let it run down one weekend and had to deploy the anchor. Anchor got stuck and had to cut the line after about an hour of trying to save it. Was a nice anchor. Which reminds me, that's been about a year ago and I keep forgetting to put an anchor back in for just such an emergency.

Like the lithium setup so much that purchased a 48v 105ah for my golf cart (dog to beach hauler). Again, best money spent.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks, My trolling motor has been mounted by the dealer a little too far forward and cover won't fit. They are going to be moving it back along the gunnel. ALso, they did not make the motor detachable and they are doing that now too.
My boat is in a covered slip. But the Texas sun is BRUTAL so I lake to keep it covered. I made sure when I mounted the plate that it would work with the cover. HOWEVER, the trolling motor would work much better mounted closer to the center of the bow. So it's a compromise for sure.

tlhunt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Completed my mounting bracket install. I used standard woodworking tools to drill, counter sink and round the ends of the aluminum. I was going to powder coat it and probably will as I know the auto paint won’t hold up. Decided to put the rubber bushings that come with the riptide under the bracket so the aluminum wouldn’t contact the gelcoat. Used 2” x 1/8” backing plates. Zero flex when in use and easily fits under the cover.

For power, I bit the bullet and bought the Battleborn 24v 50ah. Nice having just one battery and only 29lbs. Not to mention all the other benefits of Lithium and 10yr warranty. Ended up having to buy a separate charger/tender, but that was relatively cheap ($160) compared to the motor and battery!
Gave me some great ideas! about to mount my trolling motor and batteries... Lee 803 640 0473

quake40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Finally got the Minn Kota added! Job came out really nice as far as I can tell. Ordered the custom aluminum mount from Midwest Steel (thanks for the tip on this place). Got it in about 2 days with expedited shipping, had it powder coated in one day, Minn Kota quick release added. After looking around I decided to let the power pros at bass pro shop do the install. The tech was very knowledgeable on installs and made everything look very clean and neat, factory standards. Two interstate batteries (G27) all the way forward in changing room, with breaker and MK 220 PC battery charger mounted on the adjacent wall. He also added the inlet for quick plug in, no need to open changing room to charge. In addition to MK trolling motor install, I also had the Garmin UHD 94sv added. Placed the transducer level with water line and took into account for jet wash. Added the ball swivel for the Garmin, works really well. Also added to the Garmin to the extra accessory switch in the helm console. Overall, between mount/trolling motor, Garmin, transducer, battery charger and wiring I was at about 7 hours of labor with them, well worth the price, which was cheaper than several of the other quotes I received; plus only had to leave the boat for 2 days, not for weeks like the other places demanded. Overall, very satisfied with the quality install, nothing left to do but test everything on the water!
Do you still have the dimensions for the mounting plate you used?