• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

212 Ski locker ballast

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I keep my my 212SS at the lake house, and I was hoping someone could help me with some measurements since I dont have access to my boat right now.

I want to add some ballast to the ski locker (currently ordering 2 x 400lb bags to rear compartments) but I am unsure as what size will fit. If there is either someone whom has added a bag to a 212SS or 212X please let me know what size you used. Otherwise maybe someone could step outside and measure their ski locker for me.

Thanks

That ski locker is huge. I'm gonna add a bag and pump in there this winter. Was going to get a 600lb bag, but I'm pretty sure an 800lb er will fit.

The bag im considering is a Fly High Pro X Series Fat Sac (750 lbs) with the dimensions 50"L x 20"W x 20"H.

That's a good size bag. Where are you shopping - WakeMakers?
Bag and pump will be on my XMas list for sure.

Yes, wakemakers. Ordered my back bags from them in the past - great to work with.

Yes - I've heard good things about them.

With your rear 400 lb bags - are you gonna plumb them in like the 212x or are you going to manually fill and empty?

Manual for now, im sure I will pipe them in after I get all my ballast in place where I want it.

Would have bought a 212X, but the factory tower doesn't fold well (and I keep my boat on a lift). Will @ jetboatpilot recommended a Samson Razor tower which Im waiting on being delivered.

Yeah. I really like the looks and style of my tower, but folding it SUCKS. I did it once just to see how it was done. Nope, never did it again. Can't imagine having to do it all the time to get under a lift.

I put my tower up and down every time I use the boat since storage is in my garage. It takes me less than 5 minutes each way. I built a pole out of pvc pipe to hold the tower up while tightening the bolts.

I played with it at the dealer, the tower just didnt fold flat enough with the boat to get it on the lift when the water in the lake is high. The samson razor tower im installing folds even with the windshield (and easily folds with 1 person). So now I will have a 212SS-X : )

I use the sumo 800 lb bag but i don't fill all the way...maybe 750 or so.

I use the sumo 800 lb bag but i don't fill all the way...maybe 750 or so.
With the 2 x 400's in the back + 750 in the locker do you have enough to wakesurf? Or do you add any additional (more bags/people)?

Damn well Better as that will be my setup next year, but I am also buying a spare 350 to have out in the open if I need to, but will try to keep use to a minimum.

@tracerrx i use a 450 bag across the back seat in addition to the ski locker and average about three people in the boat...see clip below...i can go forever with that setup.

@tracerrx i use a 450 bag across the back seat in addition to the ski locker and average about three people in the boat...see clip below...i can go forever with that setup.

Just out of curiosity, what speed are you holding in that clip? Perfect Pass or just man-handling it?

@tracerrx we usually run between 9 and 10 mph set with the cruise assist

@tracerrx we usually run between 9 and 10 mph set with the cruise assist

Cruise Assist just hold RPM's.... Every time I have tried it in the past for skiers/wakeboarders it's been all over the place.

My wakesurfers seem to like 10.5-11.5mph, (of course were new to this and not using as much weight - yet).

@tracerrx i have no trouble holding speed with the cruise assist...but if i need to adjust i just toggle up or down one. the water we are in is super flat so it really holds it great.

Back