• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x tower rattle, do I get a new tower?

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just ordered the bushing but didn’t see them in my diagram 2016 lse, I assume I have them of not oh well. This rattle is driving me nuts. I went in and only tightened 2 nuts. Didn’t see the third. I’ll go back and look

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just ordered the bushing but didn’t see them in my diagram 2016 lse, I assume I have them of not oh well. This rattle is driving me nuts. I went in and only tightened 2 nuts. Didn’t see the third. I’ll go back and look
Does your boat have the pins that hold the tower up or the hand tighten bolts?

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes the 242 lse has the pins that go in and turn - the knobs are 12-14

UOTE="jacoviii, post: 481608, member: 2878"]
Does your boat have the pins that hold the tower up or the hand tighten bolts?
[/QUOTE]

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
ok so pull both pins and slowly lean the tower down you will see the bushings in the mount. I used a deep well socket and a hammer to tap them out. I then put the new ones in the same way or you could use a C-clamp. It is always better to press bushings in so I would suggest the C-clamp.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ok so pull both pins and slowly lean the tower down you will see the bushings in the mount. I used a deep well socket and a hammer to tap them out. I then put the new ones in the same way or you could use a C-clamp. It is always better to press bushings in so I would suggest the C-clamp.

Thanks bro. Hopefully it helps. I’m gonna attempt to tighten the nut I missed as well. I was thinking of adding some self stick foam as well.