• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@Stan M - BEAUTIFUL BOAT!!! CONGRATS! Did you happen to buy your 252S from BaySideJet in Berlin, MD or their other dealership location in DE? (looks like MD from the inside garage photo) If so, when did you order yours? They are really nice people to work with but as you probably learned they have very limited info on when our boat will arrive. I have a 252SD on order through them and just like everyone else on this thread, I am trying to guestimate when mine will arrive. I'd appreciate any info you can share. Enjoy your new Boat!!!!
Thank you! No...I actually went with Holly Acres Marina in Woodbridge, VA. I had already put a deposit down with them, then during my vacation in Bethany Beach in late July went to the Delaware BaySide location and talked with the owner (Jeff, I think?). They're definitely nice guys at BaySide, and I have been happy dealing with Holly Acres also. Sorry I don't more information for you. It seems to me even the dealers don't really know. The bright side is mine was telling me November/December delivery and was surprised to receive a call Tuesday to say my boat had been "invoiced," which my dealer told me meant he expected to receive it by the weekend. Then I received a call Wednesday morning to say it had arrived! I've seen some posts saying 252SE's and AR250's have been delivered. Mine is the first 252S I have heard about. At least they are starting to roll out so it is likely just a matter of brief time right now. Good luck!

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Stan M - Many thanks for the response! Eric is probably the person you talked to at BaySideJet - he is the owner. Eric, Sheri, John and the rest of the entire team are really helpful, honest and professional - I highly recommend them to anyone looking who hasn't found a dealer they already like. They have been very helpful post sales answering questions, etc. If they happen to be close to you consider them for service. Anyway, I bought a 195S model year 2020 from him this past summer just prior to inventory drying up. As relatively new boaters, we fell in love with boating, totally misjudged our needs and unfortunately we are finding it a tad small for us so we ordered a 252SD a few months ago. Keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier than November delivery!

Enjoy your new boat - she really looks stunning!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@hanskapur - thanks again! I am really excited...it'll be my first boat in more than 15 years. Can i ask how you liked the 195S with the limited time you had with it? You're right, it was Eric I spoke to - very knowledgeable and helpful (made me almost wish i hadn't already put a deposit in with my dealer, but i can't complain!). Now i have to make the decision whether to just have them store for the winter, or take it and hope to get another month or two use out of it before winter....hmmmm.

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Stan M 0 - The 195S is an amazing boat - ABSOLUTELY no regrets on the performance side. She is just too small for our family. I too returned to boating having owned a Bayliner back until 1997 so I consider us kind of newbies again, especially when it comes to Jet Boats. The 195S accelerates really well, even when decently loaded, cuts easily on sharp turns. No issues - just bump the throttle when making a sharp turn. I have three kids, two college and 1 approaching college. I could easily pull all three at the same time on our very large inner tube without issue. So much power with the SVHO I could easy to toss the kids off the tube while pulling them, not that I would ;-). It took maybe 30 minutes to get used to the very low speed (under 3mph) turning characteristics of a jet boat. Kind of like learning to parallel park. Once you figure it out, it is really easy even with a moderate current and / or moderate wind. My problem is 5-6 of us in the boat, plus the three person tube, it got tight.

If I were you, extend the season! Enjoy the boat while you can. Get some practice in, not that it takes much, before the craziness of spring boating returns. Then put it away for safe storage.

Did you get the mooring cover with your boat? That will help keep the fall time leaves out while storing between weekends this fall.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@hanskapur Thanks for the info...good to know about the brief time it took to get used to the low-speed handling (there's a lot about that on this site!). I'm pretty good at handling a boat, and have driven a jetboat once and was pretty good with it, so I don't anticipate that being to much of an issue. I will get the mooring cover, and I think you just convinced me to take it home! ;)

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone heard anything recently about the production of the 252SD models?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can't remember if it was here or Facebook, but I thought I saw someone report delivery of their 252SD.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

markpolly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I just joined the forum and making my first post. I hope the rest of the forum is as good as this thread.

We ordered a 2021 252SE in Blue with the brown interior back in July. Found out over the weekend that it will be delivered tomorrow to our dealer in NE Ohio. Hopefully going to check it out Saturday morning.
I just joined as well and am in NE Ohio. Went to the dealer (Buckeye) on Tuesday and saw a brand new blue 252SE that just arrived - maybe it was yours! It looked great and convinced us to pull the trigger. We ordered a black 2021 252SD yesterday to get the grey interior and the Drive system. We aren't expecting delivery until next year, but no need for it now since our season is over.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just joined as well and am in NE Ohio. Went to the dealer (Buckeye) on Tuesday and saw a brand new blue 252SE that just arrived - maybe it was yours! It looked great and convinced us to pull the trigger. We ordered a black 2021 252SD yesterday to get the grey interior and the Drive system. We aren't expecting delivery until next year, but no need for it now since our season is over.
is there alot of people in front of you for the 252SD? I think they will be available this year

markpolly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
is there alot of people in front of you for the 252SD? I think they will be available this year
They had quite a few orders, but I didn't ask about SD specifically. Since we can't use it til spring, they will store it over the winter when it arrives and then we'll take delivery closer to April/May.

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@scbruet - Congratulations! Looks amazing! Let us all know how the fit and finish are once you get to inspect the boat. Also when did you place your order? I'm waiting on a 252SD - hoping it arrives any day..... Enjoy!!!

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I placed it the day of the yamaha release even back in August. I don't think we've seen any SD's show up yet, but hopefully those are soon! No real deals from my dealership right now. They weren't moving on anything. Sales price $81,844 (that must have freight included on top of the price on Yamahs' site ?) $595 title, doc, filling fees etc. Tax on boat and trailer added in I'm out the door at 83,999. I'm sure I'm getting hosed by about 1k -1500, but somebody else will pay it if I don't.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I placed it the day of the yamaha release even back in August. I don't think we've seen any SD's show up yet, but hopefully those are soon! No real deals from my dealership right now. They weren't moving on anything. Sales price $81,844 (that must have freight included on top of the price on Yamahs' site ?) $595 title, doc, filling fees etc. Tax on boat and trailer added in I'm out the door at 83,999. I'm sure I'm getting hosed by about 1k -1500, but somebody else will pay it if I don't.
you ONLY paid $2199 on top of MSRP??? that's phenomenal!! There is also a fee for galvanized trailer..Freight is about $1700-$2K...set up fees. Are you sure you paid sales tax? My sales tax is 6%

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve had dealers still quote me a little under MSRP including all fees. You just need to shop around. Dealers will get as much out of you as they can.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’ve had dealers still quote me a little under MSRP including all fees. You just need to shop around. Dealers will get as much out of you as they can.
for an SE/SD? Also, there must be zero demand where you are at. All the dealerships here in florida has a list of people w/ deposits for boats...none the less $83,999 OTD on a SE is remarkable no matter where you are for this current market...like I said my 6 percent tax alone is about 5 grand.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My tax was 1560 here in NC. Yeah 83,999 OTD. Well, now I'm feeling better!
My wife and I both have credit over 800 though, and Yamaha approved us for 3.99. They said 2.99 is only for 850 and up? That ridiculous, but 3.99 is still solid.