• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 Rear Seat Backrest

Gbldrt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Has anyone have their rear sliding seat backrest come unattached from its mounting brackets? It appears that all four bolts have backed out and now the backrest is not usable. Given how the backrest if mounted to brackets recessed into the molding, I am not sure how to install new bolts. Has anyone seen this before and addressed it?

Gbldrt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. I agree but the boat is 3 hours away from any dealer and I don't want to have to trailer to address what should be a minor fix, but I appreciate the response.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i have not had any issue with those, i did with the cushions on the swim deck with the tiny screws pulling out, i solved it using locktite adhesive and relocating the tiny screw, its been ob=ver a year and no issues, i keep those rails lubed with corrotion X

Gbldrt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
i have not had any issue with those, i did with the cushions on the swim deck with the tiny screws pulling out, i solved it using locktite adhesive and relocating the tiny screw, its been ob=ver a year and no issues, i keep those rails lubed with corrotion X
Thanks. I also noticed that the windshield rails are spotted. The boat was indoors all winter with the morring cover on, so am not sure where the spotting has come from.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The triangle sliding piece came loose like this on mine. Also the rails got jammed. I removed it all and fixed everything my self. Wasn't easy but not horrible. There is no manual so I was figuring it out as I went.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
One of my sliding seatbacks stopped sliding last year. Tried to lube it but no success. Will have to take it apart when I have some time.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Any tricks to taking it apart? One of mine seized up this weekend.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any tricks to taking it apart? One of mine seized up this weekend.
Open the storage hatch, take out three bolts holding in the side piece. Then take out the two screws holding the side piece with the release lever, and slide that out from the side piece. You’ll now see 4 screws at the bottom holding the seat to the rail. Remove those. You then need to remove the rail, which is 8 screws. With the seat free from the lever you can move the seat freely to get to all the screws. Once all out the rail lifts up and slides out towards the back of the boat.
once you have the slide out, use whatever you can to try to free the pin. I eventually got one with a chisel and hammer and then used lithium grease and it’s been fine since. The other is still frozen and I’m awaiting replacement part

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting the solution. My seat seized up last year. Now moves back and forth this year but does not lock into place. I was wondering how to take apart.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ended up being the same thing here, took it apart and sprayed some PB blaster to free it up and then gave it some grease when I put it back together. Only a matter of time before the other side is probably going to need the same thing. Thanks again for the photos, saved me a good amount of time