• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 sound system

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not really. I am really thinking about putting a speaker behind the throttles. That should help a lot.
I did that on my old boat, didn't want to cut the padding on the new boat. I mounted my soundbar so I could swivel it down.... works greats.

Frankm1188

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2022 252xe as well. The amps from the factory are definitely de-tuned. I’m assuming to keep the warranty returns to a minimum lol. The bass is mediocre. I’m going to be installing one more sub(behind drivers seat) and running both off a controllable amp(JL 400/4 bridged @ 200/2)

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I personally think the sound system on my 22 252SE is great, only downfall is with the speaker placement the driver seat seems to be the worst place. Has anyone added just 1 speaker to that area? To anyone who has added speakers in general can you add one more 6.5 to the stock setup without needing a new amp and a whole bunch of stuff??

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I personally think the sound system on my 22 252SE is great, only downfall is with the speaker placement the driver seat seems to be the worst place. Has anyone added just 1 speaker to that area? To anyone who has added speakers in general can you add one more 6.5 to the stock setup without needing a new amp and a whole bunch of stuff??
I wouldn't reccomend it. The best bet would be to add a soundbar... thats what I did.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't reccomend it. The best bet would be to add a soundbar... thats what I did.
can you share more, or do you have a thread about it on here?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
can you share more, or do you have a thread about it on here?
You will have to search for it - but I have a build thread on my 252.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will have to search for it - but I have a build thread on my 252.
I couldnt find it. Could I run this non amplified 6 speaker soundbar right out off the stock wetsounds amplifier on the 252? Does it have an available plug?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I couldnt find it. Could I run this non amplified 6 speaker soundbar right out off the stock wetsounds amplifier on the 252? Does it have an available plug?

In theory yes, but I would run the amplified version with no bluetooth.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i wouldnt waste money adding to the stock amps, they are junk, yes casual listener will be able to get by with it but they are limited by Yamaha, lots of potential but you will not be able to tap into it, without lot of knowledge and special software, sell it and get proper amps then add, or go the bar route but if you ask a sound store like creative audio the will frown upon. I do have a soundbar in my side by side but wouldnt put one in my boat. its pretty much all highs.
here your amp sound bar SOUNDBAR

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally I think the stock system sounds great, many passengers have made comments about how awesome it is as well. I know its not car audio competition quality but its fine for me, there is just one problem. With no speaker being near the driver seat my passengers are rockin out and hear it perfect and I find I need to turn it up to a level that is too loud for everyone else to hear the music good in the captains chair. I can hear the bass just fine, but its the actual lyrics and other higher notes that are missing. My original idea was to just install one speaker somewhere near the captain chair. My idea was to replace the two 6.5's in the middle of the boat with upgraded speakers, and then use one of the stock speakers and put it here. It will solve my problem and easy wiring to amp.

Attachments

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i wouldnt waste money adding to the stock amps, they are junk, yes casual listener will be able to get by with it but they are limited by Yamaha, lots of potential but you will not be able to tap into it, without lot of knowledge and special software, sell it and get proper amps then add, or go the bar route but if you ask a sound store like creative audio the will frown upon. I do have a soundbar in my side by side but wouldnt put one in my boat. its pretty much all highs.
here your amp sound bar SOUNDBAR
The soundbar blends great into factory system. The stock sub is powerful enough for 90% of customers.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The soundbar blends great into factory system. The stock sub is powerful enough for 90% of customers.
i gues im in the ttop 10%, not goog enough, :) I added a 12' bazooka to the system 2 more 6.5 speakers and 5 tower speaker, in my 252 , but even my 2019 242 was crap wouldnt even go past 40% without going to safe mode. But i agree most people will be happy, but then again, Emery says its perfect ,,,,,but,,,,, wants to add to it so its not perfect by far, i got 3 friend with 250x and another with 252xd none happy with the system and the 252 if it goes loud it sounds like crap and it does have the sound bar. i like clean crisp sound , the 252 isnt crisp at all, not arguing with anyone, my personal opinion and experiences with my last 2 yamahas

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i gues im in the ttop 10%, not goog enough, :) I added a 12' bazooka to the system 2 more 6.5 speakers and 5 tower speaker, in my 252 , but even my 2019 242 was crap wouldnt even go past 40% without going to safe mode. But i agree most people will be happy, but then again, Emery says its perfect ,,,,,but,,,,, wants to add to it so its not perfect by far, i got 3 friend with 250x and another with 252xd none happy with the system and the 252 if it goes loud it sounds like crap and it does have the sound bar. i like clean crisp sound , the 252 isnt crisp at all, not arguing with anyone, my personal opinion and experiences with my last 2 yamahas
Based on previous posts you've had, it sounds like you had an amp with defective software. We have seen that a few times on the forum. The factory system can be turned up full volume and be clear and sound decent. (assuming there is no defects). The software on the amp is the weak spot, the components are rock solid. They are not top of line but it is still mid to higher-end gear. I did professional installs for 15 years so I totally understand where you coming from though. I added two towers, the sound bar, and replaced the factory HTX amp with two six channels amps.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Based on previous posts you've had, it sounds like you had an amp with defective software. We have seen that a few times on the forum. The factory system can be turned up full volume and be clear and sound decent. (assuming there is no defects). The software on the amp is the weak spot, the components are rock solid. They are not top of line but it is still mid to higher-end gear. I did professional installs for 15 years so I totally understand where you coming from though. I added two towers, the sound bar, and replaced the factory HTX amp with two six channels amps.
@adrianp89 i know your background read many of your post, not arguing at all, the 2019 242se yes probably bad software, would not go full at all, trashed the amps, the 252se while it would go up, not up to par with the quality sound i like or volume, solid components hindered by Yamaha choice of controlling how the customers should listen to music, another thing i didnt like is in the 252 i had to keep the key on and so the connex is on to listened to music, so i by passed that too, yamaha should have kept the head unit at the rear, with the 252 the remote is in the rear the connex is the head unit,,,,bad design in MY opinion.

20210920_173221.jpg20210920_173108.jpg

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Personally I think the stock system sounds great, many passengers have made comments about how awesome it is as well. I know its not car audio competition quality but its fine for me, there is just one problem. With no speaker being near the driver seat my passengers are rockin out and hear it perfect and I find I need to turn it up to a level that is too loud for everyone else to hear the music good in the captains chair. I can hear the bass just fine, but its the actual lyrics and other higher notes that are missing. My original idea was to just install one speaker somewhere near the captain chair. My idea was to replace the two 6.5's in the middle of the boat with upgraded speakers, and then use one of the stock speakers and put it here. It will solve my problem and easy wiring to amp.
here you go here is where i installed a set of M6's

Attachments

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here you go here is where i installed a set of M6's
thank you! Now if I could only just buy a set of speakers and not have to deal with another amp lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 i know your background read many of your post, not arguing at all, the 2019 242se yes probably bad software, would not go full at all, trashed the amps, the 252se while it would go up, not up to par with the quality sound i like or volume, solid components hindered by Yamaha choice of controlling how the customers should listen to music, another thing i didnt like is in the 252 i had to keep the key on and so the connex is on to listened to music, so i by passed that too, yamaha should have kept the head unit at the rear, with the 252 the remote is in the rear the connex is the head unit,,,,bad design in MY opinion.

View attachment 182664View attachment 182665
How Is that swim deck radio holding up? My factory one is starting to rust and I know it’s a matter of time before it’s done for.

I will probably do the radio just like you at the top…. Any downsides you have found?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How Is that swim deck radio holding up? My factory one is starting to rust and I know it’s a matter of time before it’s done for.

I will probably do the radio just like you at the top…. Any downsides you have found?
Nothing at all the swimdeck remote is sealed and the small head unit is at the helm works great, you can spray the factory one with corroxion x