• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that regal has NO captains chairs!!!! Nice!! Similar layout to the Searay. Very easy to flip and then have backwards seating. Now if somebody could just figure out how to add some side arms to those flip backrests.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time will prove Yamaha's strategy with the 275 right or wrong, but clearly the Regal is going after a watersports enthusiast with that boat. The 275 has completely ignored that market.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is odd, and curious if anyone else had this pop up in their Facebook timeline. Since looking at the 275 from Yamaha, I was getting Boating Magazine's ads in my timeline. (that should not surprise me)

But what did, was a very targeted ad for a boat very similar to the 275. Obvious differences, it is a 25', with 8.5' beam. forward drive surf boat with a similar layout to the 275. And it lists for $111,000. Very interesting when you look at what you get with the Yamaha in comparison for similar money.
That being said, I wonder how Regal sits on that MSRP, or if one could expect a 20-30% discount. I'm not in the market, but facebook thought I was.

2019 Regal LS4 Surf

Not odd at all. Cookies and targeted advertising. Perhaps regal is paying facbook to target any possible yamaha buyers. Perhaps regal is just paying facebook to serve targeted adds and the algorithm/model that facebook uses targeted you based upon historical facebook usage and cookies. The targeted marketing algorithms/ models are getting better all the time because of the folks who develop them, the amount of data they have, and the horsepower running them.

I am not on the marketing side but I am in the quantitative data science world. Some folks find this kind of thing spoky but to be honest the petabytes of data needed to do this at scale for so many people means that no one is looking at you specifically. To the folks and computers doing this kind of work you are just another randomly assigned number that may make them a few pennies per click. Those clicks add up fast and multiply those pennies.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not odd at all. Cookies and targeted advertising. Perhaps regal is paying facbook to target any possible yamaha buyers. Perhaps regal is just paying facebook to serve targeted adds and the algorithm/model that facebook uses targeted you based upon historical facebook usage and cookies. The targeted marketing algorithms/ models are getting better all the time because of the folks who develop them, the amount of data they have, and the horsepower running them.

I am not on the marketing side but I am in the quantitative data science world. Some folks find this kind of thing spoky but to be honest the petabytes of data needed to do this at scale for so many people means that no one is looking at you specifically. To the folks and computers doing this kind of work you are just another randomly assigned number that may make them a few pennies per click. Those clicks add up fast and multiply those pennies.
When I said "that does not surprise me" was exactly what you said. I actually work at Microsoft on the Azure Customer Success team. We use Power BI and analytics to help our customers setup this sort of intelligence in their applications and web apps.

I should have been more clear in saying, odd, that regal had a boat so similar to the 275 in a trailerable format. It's about as big as I would care to go and still trailer. So for those of you that fall in love with the 275, and the price tag, but just cannot trailer it in your region legally, there are options.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Regal is very nice. Regals also typically have fit/finish/materials at a whole other level as compared to any Yamaha I’ve seen, too.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Regarding pricing, I can say that I priced out a 23 foot regal a few years back and the dealer came down 15% from msrp without me even having to try. Yamaha’s no haggle pricing made sense to me when the boats were 30-40k. At 70 - 130k, though? Nope.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looked at the 275SE today at the boat show. Really, really underwhelming in person. The rear lounges are too long and not particularly comfortable. Miss having proper seats at the swim platform. Helm is nice. Bow area feels identical to my 242. The extra beam in the cockpit does feel a good bit larger.

Coolest thing about the new boats is the swim seats and the organization tray that sits on top of the engines. I'd pay good money for both of those to be retrofit.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So i saw the 275 at the chicago boat show this past weekend. Didn't seem like the huge huge monster boat i had in mind lol. Coming from a 21' boat it's a good bit larger but totally manageable in my opinion.
I don't know what you guys are hating on the windshield for, it seems very functional when i sat in the boat itself. Just like any model other than my ss, the windshield wraps around and keeps you dry. Longer boat means you need more side window. Honestly my wife just liked the blue led stuff and the fancy electronics. I would have loved a ride on lake michigan Saturday but it's an indoor show and it was over 10 foot waves so not happening.
I would have liked to find the scarab 285 that was supposedly at the show but i didn't spot it and we had to leave for a birthday party.
I did spot some friends at the show which was fun too!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with the 275. It looks goofy in pictures but in person it is quite nice.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... I would have loved a ride on lake michigan Saturday but it's an indoor show and it was over 10 foot waves so not happening....
But the fact it is Lake Michigan in January would not stop you. :p :D:p

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I work with Nielsen's Enterprises at the Chicago Boat Show every year. This year I spent about 95% of my time at the 275 SD. That boat is really nice. The pictures do not do it justice and the side window going past he windshield "issue" disappeared in my mind immediately. Of all the feedback I received on the boat, the only people that mentioned that were members of this site that have previously been in discussions about the boat.

The majority of the feedback fell into the following categories:
1. Price - I challenged them to walk around the show and look at pricing for other 27 ft boats and let me know what they think after. Many returned to let me know the other manufacturers were at least $30K more with less amenities.
2. Ability to pull for wake sports - No way for me to know for sure that Yamaha will add an "X" model to the 275 lineup, but I imagine if the line is successful, they would add just a few elements to the current boat to make it wake sport ready. Additionally, I see ways to make the current model surf-able now. adding a clamp with a ring to the rear lower bar of the tower would work as a tow point. For surfing, they could even use the cleat on the upper rear of the swim platform on each side depending on the surf side.
3. Towing on the street with the 9 ft beam - Yes, this requires a permit to be legal. However, the permit in most states is between $100 - $200 per year.
4. Space available in engine compartment to work on engines. The space is smaller than other models but hopefully the supercharged 1.8s maintain their excellent track record and there is not much need to work on the engines.

Moreover, there was much to love. There was so much positive feedback:
1. In water seat - Can't tell you how many people were very excited about that. We showed it at the in water table, then flipped it to show the seat. They went from excited about the table to super excited about the seat.
2. Walk Through transom - everyone loved not having to hop over the center.
3. Struts in all areas
4. Storage above engines
5. Deep storage areas
6. Head that is big enough to actually use
7. Stylish helm
8. Very, very spacious. I still cannot believe how much space.
9. Tower with Hardtop is sweet. Sunroof is nice
10. Led lights everywhere, including the 275 badge on the outside
11. The full sun pad on he back when you add the extra cushion.
12. Side storage (trays above the seats) all around the boat.

Overall, I loved the boat. I hope is has success and Yamaha continues developing and improving it. If it is still around when I am ready for another one, it will be the one (especially if there is an X package).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally, I think the 275 is very stylish especially with the hard top. Very spacious, too.

But, it is more of a deck boat, with the swim platform included in LOA it’s a short hull for a 28footer.

The lack of a water sports package? - thats just weird to me. It negates some of the best advantages of a family boat w/jet drive propulsion, no?

I actually love the 275 styling and if they built one that is more solid and more open water capable, with a wake tower and surfable - I would consider it but if I were to drop 150k+ right now on an open bow family/sport boat it would not be the current version of the 275 yami...

Yamaha 275 maybe priced 30k less than “similarly equipped” 27-28footers but in reality it is no longer a value proposition by any stretch. For starters, Yamaha jet boats typically are not discounted off MSRP, unlike most other brands, so there goes 30k in that price bracket. But more importantly the Yamaha built quality, when it comes to fundamentals, is just mediocre - at best - and not really on par with similarly priced sport or dual console bow riders with the same deck size that are just way more solidly built.

I looked and crawled all over a Yamaha 275, the hull seems the same thin FRP 2 piece construction as my 240, given how much flex there is in my 240 (where I need to strap the center windshield open in ANY rough water so it doesn’t fall through) I would think the 275 would be very much a “lake boat”, actually much prettier than most deck boats. Again, nothing wrong with that except the price point and the lack of water sports capability.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does it not even have a spot to hook a tube rope to in the middle on the back like the other Yamaha jet boats? If not seems they missed out by not figuring out a way to have that function.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it not even have a spot to hook a tube rope to in the middle on the back like the other Yamaha jet boats? If not seems they missed out by not figuring out a way to have that function.
I believe the handle on the swim platform has a tow point built in.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They would absolutely kill with an offering of a light and spacious 275 (or 242) (FSH or WAKE editions?) model featuring their shallow draft (w/ no prop), minimal maintenance, no winterization, twin engines, tow hook/tower - anyone?
Such a simple, inexpensive shallow draft fishing/wake sports machine, still with very spacious deck/platform/stern access, priced right (60k for a no thrill/add your own electronics package?) - they would probably sell out faster they could manufacture.
Families, recreational fishermen, in shallow coastal areas and inland, etc etc.

I would be in line for a no-thrills customizable 275, had it been a value proposition not a gimmicky 27ft... tender (?).

--

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They would absolutely kill with an offering of a light and spacious 275 (or 242) (FSH or WAKE editions?) model featuring their shallow draft (w/ no prop), minimal maintenance, no winterization, twin engines, tow hook/tower - anyone?
Such a simple, inexpensive shallow draft fishing/wake sports machine, still with very spacious deck/platform/stern access, priced right (60k for a no thrill/add your own electronics package?) - they would probably sell out faster they could manufacture.
Families, recreational fishermen, in shallow coastal areas and inland, etc etc.

I would be in line for a no-thrills customizable 275, had it been a value proposition not a gimmicky 27ft... tender (?).

--
I would trade my boat in for a 242 FSH tomorrow if that was an option!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Out of 18k+ members of this site how many own a 275? If it’s still a single digit number after over a year in the market I think it’s a good indicator that it’s over priced. I do not know if I would buy one even if I was in the market for a new boat. Do the additional features and functions actually justify the incremental pirice difference between a loaded 242?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just checking out yamahasportspalaza’s site and was surprised that they updated some of the pricing of 270 parts. Looks like more of what the swim deck seats/tables cost is now closer to complete (~$370 so far per assembly), just need to know what the under swim deck bracket costs. F9E71018-0C1E-4F8F-8077-A3015D067E64.png

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke to some people at home show while i was on the 275.. they didnt own a Yamaha. Were very impressed with it. My wife liked it also, but she fell in love with the cobia 280cc.

We will upgrade to that,but no time soon.

The guys I met on the 275 were asking about reliability of motors, the general use of yamaha. When I got off local yamaha sales person said I tried to answer questions they blew me off... I replied with well now they know a little more and might talk.. they also were including trailer in price of boat at the show.