• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3rd annual Alabama Jetboaters Gathering ~ Lake Martin, AL ~ August 10th-12th 2018

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
il_570xN.1018742089_d9rd.jpg

Hello Jet Boaters!!!

We are having our 3rd annual gathering at beautiful Lake Martin located in Dadeville, AL (near Auburn) and we welcome ya'll to come hang out and meet some good people and have a good time at the lake. If you've never been to this lake you will be amazed at its beauty, especially the clarity of the water and surrounding woodland areas. Lake Martin is a 44,000 acre reservoir lake with over 750 miles of wooded shoreline. There are restaurants on the lake as well as a few bars that sometimes has live music. We usually make sure to stop by Chuck's Pizza which has killer pizza, beer and a large marina with gas. Every year that we've had this event we've had a blast and lots of laughs! Last year in September we unfortunately had a cold front roll in the week prior and dump a bunch of cold rain which dropped the water temps so the swimming was a bit hard core. This year we have decide to get ahead of the fall weather and move the gathering up a month to August. The water will not be cold at all during that month lol. There will be cooking, grilling, drinking, story telling, tubing, wake boarding, rock and cliff jumping (if you're into that kind of thing), chilling out in coves, exploring, whatever you want to do its all there and very laid back with no set schedules. Just some good times with good folks. Our Alabama members that we've met over the years have all fit in great. It's a family atmosphere so feel free to bring the kids along. We hope to meet some more members even out of state and put some faces with the names on here.

image.jpeg image.jpeg chimney rock.jpg chimney rock2.jpg R9XvTcD.jpg 14333118_10202238635044550_7906378758220633835_n.jpg

Some of our group will be staying at the same home we rented last year. It's close to the middle portion of the lake where it's quick to access marinas, Chimney Rock, Chuck's Pizza, and other hot spots in the lake. Our home base...
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Chuck's Marina / Chuckwalla's Pizzeria...
image.jpeg image.jpeg chucks pizza.jpg maxresdefault.jpg the-outside-covered-bar.jpg

There are many homes to rent in this beautiful lake. VRBO is probably the best way to find a cabin, home or condo to rent https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/alabama/lake-martin. If you don't want to rent a cabin there are several nice condominiums near the heart of the lake. Still Waters Resort, Harbor Pointe and Crowne Pointe are to name a few. Most of these condos have wet slips and are waterfront views. Most of the condominiums have swimming pools, marina, store, gas, ramps, private beaches.... everything you need for a fun weekend. One also has a golf course if I'm not mistaken. Here are some pics of some of the condominiums and their surroundings...
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg crown pointe.jpg

If you want a more basic / rustic camping there is also a place that has small cabins with a dock. I can't remember the name of this place but perhaps @DBamaC can remember as he found it last time.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's a video from our first gathering in 2o16...

Here's a video from last years gathering and we hope to see you there this year!

We just love to have a good time and relax in the sun...

About Lake Martin...

Some pics from last year https://jetboaters.net/threads/pics-and-video-from-our-end-of-summer-gathering-2017-on-lake-martin-al.15427/

If you would like to attend please post up and let me know. Our scheduling for events is really casual and kind of a "come as you go or feel to do" thing. No pressure at all if you and your family want to go break away and go do your thing and then meet up with the group at your own leisure. We just want to meet more of you and let you check out what Lake Martin has to offer if you've never experienced some of Alabama's finest boating.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's on our calander as of now. We will either pitch a tent in the front "yard" or get a campsite at the state park.

If plans effect us I'll let yall know.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome and there is plenty of room to pitch a family tent. If my family doesn't stay for the weekend then I'll likely just take the couch like I did last year which may open up a room in the house.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We will be there! Let me know who will be taking the $$ for the house.
That'd be me :) we'll get the payment and who's staying when we get closer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider you should bring that prototype bag and wedge and come on down :D! I vaguely remember last year you wanting to know when our next gathering would be. I know it's a little bit of a drive but you could come down earlier and make a longer vacation. Lake Martin will not disappoint!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are the kind of people who will pick up and just go ! Once we know more on the sale of our house we can make better plans or surprise you ! ;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We’ll push them hard at Shelbyville... after a couple dozen jello and pudding shots. ;)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We are free that weekend with work so far, we can't stay the weekend, but we are thinking of coming down on the 11th and hanging out and meeting some of the forum folks.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! Would love to have y'all down :thumbsup:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I think this deserves a bump. I hope to have a boat by then :D

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
well the house is found... just the seller's relocation company is dragging their ass with paper work!

thinking about pair of jet skis :) much cheaper!

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey does any of you lake Martin locals know what weekend the 4th is being celebrated this year.?

AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey does any of you lake Martin locals know what weekend the 4th is being celebrated this year.?
The parade of boats and fireworks is being held on Wednesday July 4th.