• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3rd annual Alabama Jetboaters Gathering ~ Lake Martin, AL ~ August 10th-12th 2018

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This sounds like a blast and we would trailer from TN. We are a family of four considering attending... Is there room for four in the rented house or has full occupancy been reached... We would most likely just tent camp otherwise any locals familiar w/ how far the campgrounds are to the home that has been rented???

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey I think we are also planning on tent camping. From what I’ve seen windcreek is pretty close to everything the group is planning. We are thinking of going the weekend before the 4th and Mayb will be a little more familiar with things.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This sounds like a blast and we would trailer from TN. We are a family of four considering attending... Is there room for four in the rented house or has full occupancy been reached... We would most likely just tent camp otherwise any locals familiar w/ how far the campgrounds are to the home that has been rented???
I am not 100% certain but I think all of the rooms are filled for the base camp house. They may allow pitching a tent in the yard but I'm not sure. Wind Creek Park and Campground is on the northern side of the lake but it's not too far from us or where the action will most likely be https://www.al.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2016/09/wind_creek_state_park_camping.html. They rent slips too. There are other campgrounds too that may be closer (I think). Perhaps @blacksapphirez @Bill D or @DBamaC can chime in as they know the lake better than I. Hope to see y'all there!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’m not really sure where the best camping option would be, but I’ll be happy to do a bit of research. I do know there is a campground almost right there, but it is military families only.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
From windcreek, I approximate about 14 miles to the basecamp ON the water.

However, I did get a notification from our local boater, he may have a room at the condo he is staying. It would be hell of a lot closer than Windcreek.

upload_2018-6-8_19-27-41.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The list is growing nicely. We'll have all the familiar faces and it looks like lots of new ones :thumbsup:!!!

I hope those on the fence do get to make it. This lake is one of the best lakes in the state IMO. Plenty to see and do even if you want to go off and do your own thing. We scheduled this just before college football starts so hopefully this will allow those further out to get in before the weekends get shorter with games.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From windcreek, I approximate about 14 miles to the basecamp ON the water.

However, I did get a notification from our local boater, he may have a room at the condo he is staying. It would be hell of a lot closer than Windcreek.

View attachment 76198
Sounds better than the farther out campground all my crew needs is a place to pitch a tent and access to shower/bathroom... If there is any condo space would be a bonus...

AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is the base camp from Harbor Pointe Marina?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Approximately 3 miles by water. Pretty straight shot too.

Last edited:

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is the base camp from Harbor Pointe Marina?
I recommend getting an app like Navionics. You can get the coordinates from @blacksapphirez or one of the others that went last year. Its also nice to have when visiting new lakes to know the hazards and shallow areas.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, the base camp will not be far at all form Harbor Pointe. I think that might have been where @haknslash stopped for fuel once last year... If you can come out, it would be awesome to have you!

AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will definitely be on the lake that weekend. Lake Martin is a great lake. My family and I rent a house on the lake each year. We look forward to meeting the group and being able to meet those who have made the Bimini trip.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have found two options a place just for our family of 4 w/slip... or this place that sleeps 10-12 w/room for 2-3 boats that is just SE of the base camp if any interest in splitting costs bring it to about the same price... it’s $475/night but very nice and spacious...
https://www.vrbo.com/900782

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, the base camp will not be far at all form Harbor Pointe. I think that might have been where @haknslash stopped for fuel once last year... If you can come out, it would be awesome to have you!
Yup that's one of the places I filled up last year. I think for this year I will be bringing a few extra fuel cans and save the $$$$ skipping marina fuel docks!

In fact here's a pic from last year and you can see Harbor Point in the background. We were cruising around maybe 3-5 mins from the base camp, so not far at all from there if you're familiar with the lake.

1wpw4DG.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BTW.....

It'll be here before we know it! Can't wait to see all you guys and meet the new folks :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"! I hope more on here decide to make the trip over! :Welcome:

Untitled-1.jpg

AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hanging out on Lake Martin for the 4th of July week. The weather was beautiful today and just happened across the base camp. Very nice location and not far from where we will be staying. Looking forward to the August 10th weekend and meeting the group.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup that's the ole base camp. I love how it's tucked back in a big cove. ;)

Can't wait for the gathering! Got my lights all ready for a nice slow night cruise under the stars.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your light install is stellar would love to do the same but I suck at everything electrical...

Hope we still get to make it down; as I have an unexpected surgery that has come up to remove a kidney stone (Too big to pass) that will take place in a week :(. Unfortunately it is going to eat a good bit into my PTO bank of time I had allotted for this trip... So right now we are up in the air on if we will get to make it; as the ER/Surgery costs are mounting fast :arghh:...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang @WetWillie that sucks. I know how ya feel though with unexpected surgeries and stuff. Been down that road the past few years as well. I hope y'all can make it down!