• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3rd annual Alabama Jetboaters Gathering ~ Lake Martin, AL ~ August 10th-12th 2018

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haknslash,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I haven’t ever been to Lake Martin so am not familiar with it at all. Do you know the name of the marina/boat launch I could google for directions. Don’t know if I can make the Aug dates. But will do my best. Are you who I should contact if I can make those new dates?
@Jetster10 carrying the convo over from the other thread ;)

Easiest to contact us through the Facebook group if you have Facebook. I certainly understand if you don't lol. You can contact any of us local guys for specifics on the lake who have been to previous gatherings @DBamaC @blacksapphirez @Bill D (even though he doesn't live here anymore he will be there and knows the lake as well). Of course myself too. If you intend to make the dates just let me know and I'll add you to the list on the first page of this thread.

For the ramps here's a screen shot...

image.png

I think we used the Hwy 34 one last year. @blacksapphirez @Bill D @DBamaC is that correct?

image.png

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I think that’s right.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think that’s right.
Yup I just looked it up from sat images and it's definitely the one we used. This pic was when they dropped the water levels but I remember that parking lot and side dock. Probably the same one I'll use again this year to pull the boat out unless @blacksapphirez wants to use his 4x4 for mine :D. That ramp at base camp I'm sure is gonna be marbled with rocks and gravel again lol. I'll try and remember not to almost launch my truck into the lake this year :D. I'll bring a hammer just in case we need to repair their dock again :D

image.png

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I think I see the Tahoe we had to rescue the dog from....

AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The closest public boat ramp to the base camp I believe would be the Union Boat ramp off of Centerpoint Road. It is on the left side of the road 1.3 miles past Chuck's Marina. The ramp can handle two boats launching at once. I have launched at Paces Point (Hwy. 34) boat ramp and Union boat ramp. My preference is Union Boat ramp due to the location.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The closest public boat ramp to the base camp I believe would be the Union Boat ramp off of Centerpoint Road. It is on the left side of the road 1.3 miles past Chuck's Marina. The ramp can handle two boats launching at once. I have launched at Paces Point (Hwy. 34) boat ramp and Union boat ramp. My preference is Union Boat ramp due to the location.
Union Ramp is on the other side of the lake from the base camp though. Hwy 34 is only la 7 minute drive where as Union Ramp you would have to drive down to Hwy 49 and then Hwy 34 and the back roads to base camp (27 mins). From water it may be closer but not for the extra drive around the lake.

base camp to union ramp.jpg base camp to hwy 34 ramp.jpg

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe Attending:

Rudiandmegan Becker
Brother I wish I could make it. My work schedule has changed and will have me leaving on Friday, 8/10.

I really would like to come visit the lake and may do so later in the year. I'll get ahold of you then. - sorry bud

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aww that sucks man but it's all good and there will be other times! :winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Less than a month away!!! :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
3 weeks away!!

Here's a nice informative video I just stumbled across about Lake Martin. Can't wait for the gathering seeing old familiar faces and meeting some new ones!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Bump! Hope to have a good turnout!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup can't wait! Here's some footage I shot last weekend while scouting for coves and beaches.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If you considered coming but couldn't get the lodging taken cared of, the basecamp may have an opening for 1 more (single, couple, family) Inquire to @Rob9550

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you considered coming but couldn't get the lodging taken cared of, the basecamp may have an opening for 1 more (single, couple, family) Inquire to @Rob9550
Is base camp family friendly for a 2 and 10 year old or things a little crazier then that at base camp?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it is for sure family friendly! @DBamaC will have his kids there and my wife and daughter will come on Saturday.

2 more weeks and can't wait! Just swinging by that lake last weekend for a few hours was a blast and hated to head home.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well with out us having already scheduled time off it looks to be to close to pull off but thanks guys

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash

My work schedule may be changing, I think we could possibly be heading that way. The family was wanting a trip to Orlando/Universal Studios but it's booked and I may not make it back home till Aug 10th... school starts on the 15th.
If we go we're looking at either one of the condos or this (or a similar) cabin with a private dock.
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p174028

I'm currently bribing momma with a shopping day in Birmingham. ..... We shall see

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash

My work schedule may be changing, I think we could possibly be heading that way. The family was wanting a trip to Orlando/Universal Studios but it's booked and I may not make it back home till Aug 10th... school starts on the 15th.
If we go we're looking at either one of the condos or this (or a similar) cabin with a private dock.
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p174028

I'm currently bribing momma with a shopping day in Birmingham. ..... We shall see
Awesome man I hope y'all can make it! That looks like a nice cabin with dock so you'd be set. :winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well with out us having already scheduled time off it looks to be to close to pull off but thanks guys
Wished y'all could make it man! Maybe next year y'all can plan to make it down. It's a really nice lake to visit if you've never been.