• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3rd annual Alabama Jetboaters Gathering ~ Lake Martin, AL ~ August 10th-12th 2018

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone that is going to the Lake Martin gathering have LateralThrusters on their vessel?

I am looking forward to the group buy next month and would love to see these in action in person.
We had a really close call to some severe dock rash a few weeks ago (due to an idiot captain and a strong current) that has me seriously looking at some JBP products to help us out.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if anyone will have them but i would also like to see them in action.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to find a jet ski to rent from a forum member for the weekend. I can tow with the Jeep.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to find a jet ski to rent from a forum member for the weekend. I can tow with the Jeep.
Just buy one and flip it! they are for sale cheap if you shop a little and you should be able to flip it back out in a week if you buy it right as I know timing is probably an issue for you with deployment.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rob9550 if you go grab this one you should actually be able to flip it out pretty quick and make some money if I had time I would go grab it. @Betik how much to get this towed from Lake Worth to Myrtle Beach SC?

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/d/2017-seadoo-gti-3-seater/6607134683.html

if you put on uship, you will typically get quotes for $1.00 per mile. If I were you I would not pay more than $0.75 per mile. If you are patient you might get quote for $0.50 on the mile.
Do put things in perceptive, when I returned fron the June trip I took seadoo from Miami to Dallas ( 1,300 miles) for $500. But in that instance I was coming back to Dallas anyway, so anything was okay with me.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its so cheap I am worried that it may be a scam. I am speaking with @Betik about a ski now.
This one is cheap and I have not reached out to see if it was legit or not but in the last week I have found 3 Sea Doo Gti’s all 130 or 150 hp for $6500 that I had confirmed were legit but all were selling before I could get to them. they were 2016’s all with 25-75 hours so there are plenty out there. I have been trying to go pick one up in Jacksonville that is a 2016 with 20 hrs for $6900 just not had time to go grab it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its so cheap I am worried that it may be a scam. I am speaking with @Betik about a ski now.
as matter of fact if anyone has recommendation what constitutes a fair rate for a fellow jet-boater I (we) would really appreciate it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
as matter of fact if anyone has recommendation what constitutes a fair rate for a fellow jet-boater I (we) would really appreciate it.
For a rental? This would all depend on the situation are you delivering the rental I believe a set mileage rate each way is in order if so then it depends on the ski but even for a basic ski I would say $150 per day is a steal of price if you are feeling generous but a very fair daily rate for a basic ski is probably more like $250 per day plus mileage if delivering it. I was going to rent a pair of skis for a day from a friend of mine for something I had going on in August I offered him $250 per ski for the day since I was going to pick them up and bring them back and I thought that was a fair price to offer a friend not to much I felt like I was over paying but not so little I felt like I was insulting him it was a good friend price I felt anyway.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are officially one week away!! Woot! :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My work schedule may be changing
Well @haknslash, my work schedule changed... again. I won't be making back home till late Saturday, 08/11.

Guess I'll just need to meet up with you when you come down to the beach. Sorry bud. I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm hoping to get an early fall trip down to Gulf Shores to see my sister and I'll likely drag the boat down with me. I'll let you know when and if I make it down and we can try to meet up one day or something.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I really am looking forward to this!!! I really need a nice weekend.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
bad news, due to multiple personal reasons outside of our control, we will have to cancel the gathering. I would be there if I had a boat but I do not anymore. Those who are still interested should still meet up but it is no longer "official" :( sorry folks!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hope all works out y’all