• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

70" LED TV recommendations

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm shopping for a bigger Tv and so far just can't find a better price on 65" than Vizio for under $1,000 at Costco. If the standard Costco return / exchange policy applies to Vizio TVs I can't think of any reason not to buy one from there. Am I missing something?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still have my 50" LG plasma in the living room. I bought it when we built the house back in 2007. I keep waiting for it to die but it just won't, do I'm going to go ahead and decommission it and move it to another room!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a Vizio 55" LED a couple months ago. No complaints from me, the guys at bestbuy said they have fewer problems with Vizio now than they do with any other brand. I wasn't stuck on price or brand, I went there to get a good TV, after talking to several different people I got the Vizio.

I had a smaller RCA, I'll never buy another RCA product (do they even make anything anymore?)
I have a 47" LG, I'm tired of having to shut it off and turn back on or switch the sound source and switch back to fix the sound (and it puts out heat like crazy! Not LED of course)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well this thread me motivated to do some comparisons at Costco and best buy. I will probably end up buying the 70" Visio for $1,100 plus tax and another $90 for the costco 5 year repair or replace program and $200 to $300 for the sound bar. My out the door price should be right around $1,600. Thanks guys.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a Yamaha sound bar at Costco a month or so ago, it was on sale but I really like it, has Bluetooth and all...
This probably isn't new for sound bars but I've never had one before:)

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Thats a good price. Think I paid 1250, lowest I could find at the time. Football looks great on a 70 inch!!!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just can't believe how cheap large TV's can be had these days. Of course with 4K nipping at the heals of the 1080P displays, it has only helped the average consumer. I have personally had multiple problems with SONY TV's so I won't buy them at this point. I currently have Panasonic plasmas (including a ZT60 which has crazy black levels), the old Sony TV and cheaper 32" Toshiba panel that I have on the porch for fall football games.

Looks like the E Series Visio's are all local dimming, making it look attractive and it should have decent black levels. I wouldn't buy a TV based on the "apps" they have. Vizio is supposed to be the most basic. LG is pretty much tops with their WebOS for TV apps. It's pretty impressive to play with.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm shopping for a bigger Tv and so far just can't find a better price on 65" than Vizio for under $1,000 at Costco. If the standard Costco return / exchange policy applies to Vizio TVs I can't think of any reason not to buy one from there. Am I missing something?
I tried several Costco TVs before finally keeping a Samsung. Samsung TVs are the top of the game right now. The way it integrates with our phones is just icing on the cake. I can link youtube to it from my phone, share pictures from my phone, just absolutely love our Samsung tvs

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It sounds like Samsung is the Cadillac of tvs whereas the vizios are like hundais (sp?). I'm ok getting a bigger basic vizio instead of smaller or more expensive but loaded Samsung. Anything will be an improvement over the 50" 6 year old Panasonic or 45" plasma 10 year old Sony lcd I have now. They have both been flawless but I'm ready for something bigger besides there is a good chance I won't use the additional features of the samsung anyway.

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't call them Hyundais LOL. Vizio makes good product. What I didn't like about Vizio was the time it took the set to boot up. When I turn on a TV I don't want to wait 15-23 seconds for it to give me a picture. (I know, I'm impatient I admit it) I must've timed 10 tvs. Our Samsung boots up in 7 seconds. Channel changes are instantaneous. That was my first selling point. After that, I really like the phone connectivity and then the saturation of colors and the deep blacks that the Samsungs have. Vizio is quality stuff all the way, just a little slow for me.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to frys electronics to see what they are pushing and quickly discovered they had nothing in my price range. After seeing an $8k Sony I purchased these before the end of the day. Got cfo / spousal approval by designating it a birth day gift to myself. She even helped me load and unload it.
Just over $1,600 including tax and a 5 year extended warranty.

image.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went by and looked at that one yesterday, definitely in my price range especially replacing an old tube TV. Give us an update when you get it hooked up,

My only struggle was a 4k 70" Vizio that was $900. more, my "friends" are trying to sell me on getting the 4k for quality and while I could afford the $900. I don't want to spend it for just casual TV watching, i'm happy if it's not a black and white and there's no static on the screen.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie I couldn't pass it up, since I was replacing an old tube tv I thought anything would be better and the price was right,

After getting it hooked up I like it even more, what have I been missing! The only problem with it so far is I had to see Tony Romo break his collar bone on it