• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding trailer brakes to AR190/SX190 trailer

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
You would need to add a brake controller and it doesn't look like drums are included. But as long as you get a controller and the drums fit. This should work.

Kdkns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that’s perfect thank you! I’ve got a 7pin and 4pinnon my Jeep and this looks like it will fit in easy. Looks like might be a $500 overall cost to add trailer brakes but I’ll feel safer with them than without.

Once I put it all together and get parts ( once boat is in) I’ll try and post a DIY guide

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No wiring in the towing vehicle and all adjustments are done on the profiles through your phone. It does not interfere with the other Bluetooth functions on my phone from making/placing a call or music in the truck.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I added brakes to the second axle on my trailer and I called Metalfab and they had a kit with everything I needed yo do the job. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer to see if they have a kit.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This might seem like a dumb question. Dont we have a brake on the trailer? I know there is an opening with brake fluid?

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious why you're adding brakes to your 190 trailer? Are you towing on hilly terrain, or have you felt that your Jeep doesn't have enough stopping power?

Kdkns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m actually in pretty hilly terrain but mainly was concerned for emergency stops. I’m just a bit more safety conscious but the Jeep should be able to handle it.

Saying that, someone posted a video of the first 2021 AR190 sold and did a review and he states the 190 now comes with trailer brakes! So I may be good now!