• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

After tubes????

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Catching an edge is the exact reason I stopped wakeboarding and moved to the skate. If you catch an edge on the skate it separates from your feet and the crash is FAR less painful.
Yep. Lost two days of water fun on my vacation at the lake last summer because of an edge catch on a bounce after a wake to wake. Felt like a truck hit me full on my chest, and pretty sure I had at least a slight concussion. Didn't pick up the the wakeboard again all summer after that and this winter I picked up an inexpensive wakeskate to give that a try this coming summer. I'm getting too old to find any fun in that kind of abuse. :confused:

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This talk of getting hurt and age reminds me of a few years ago when I stupidly challenged my brother in law to try to throw me off the back of a Sea Doo. I went flying like super man face first in the water at about 40mph. My heals his me in the back of the head. I realized I was old when my first reaction was not, "Wow that was awesome!" It was, "Wow, I hope I didn't do permanent damage."