• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alabama Boaters?

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live off 280 and also have house on Lake Mitchell. We love it there... very little boat traffic and nice water.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I dont think I have ever been on Mitchell. I want to check it out since its just right down the road from Lay.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@ccrayjr, How many Yamahas do you see on the water? I honestly think I may be the only one on Lay Lake. Which is good. But I dont think I have seen any Jet boats beside maybe the odd ball OLD Yamaha or Sea Doo boats.

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have seen one or two other Jet boats on Mitchell. The first day I took mine out I saw another 242 LS. Mitchell a great lake to boat on, but there in not much infrastructure as far as places to eat and large marinas. I like it because it is very peaceful!!!

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you have ever been to Lay, there arent a ton of options either. Mainly down river. Up river there are basically none.

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not been to Lay. He bought a place on Mitchell and spend our weekends there.

jet-r-done

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
North Alabama here. We generally boat on the TN river since it is just up the road from the house. We also travel to Lake Guntersville and down to Smith Lake a few times a season. Have heard good things about Lake Martin, and would like to make it down that way.

Last edited:

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was raised on Lake Guntersville. We had a cabin cruiser and a houseboat when I was younger. We sold the houseboat and got a place on Lay since its only 30 mins from the house. Lake Martin is pretty good lake, lots of stuff on that lake. Plenty of food and gas spots. If your'e into wakeboarding and sports, youll find plenty of friends out there.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was raised on Lake Guntersville.
JEALOUSY Factor raised by a quotient of 10,000.
First or 2nd best BASS Lake in the U.S.A. !
Some people are sooooooooooooooo lucky !

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are just a Dam up from you! We have a place on Logan Martin Lake. I have seen several other Yamaha's on the lake, but have only managed to talk to an AR210 owner. If you ever make it up to Logan Martin, I have the only SR210 (Yellow) Yamaha on the water!! Welcome Aboard!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, just booked my package to Auburn for the Iron Bowl this year !!!!!!!!! Ticket, flight, hotel, and rent-a-car !!!!!!!!!!

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
On that note....Roll Tide!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im not a fan of either fan. Just love big time college football and it doesn't get any better then that. The old lady actually gave me the ticket out of the blue. So unless I get a buddy to go, ill be in bama solo staying about a 1/4 from the stadium !!! Trying to sell the Notre Dame at Clemson game to her next !! Would love to go to Death Valley for at least one game in my life

gorumfamily

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
South Alabama here. Just brought our new boat home yesterday and my husband convinced me to check out the site and I've been reading all day. We spend a lot of time in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. It's beautiful and has lots of options for boating.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will be down to Gulf Shores in May. Ill be bringing my boat. Should be fun!

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was just at gulf shores , loved the are trailer the boat 870 miles already planning a trip for June 2016 would love to get with some local boaters.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@skbishop90 - come on down!! The weather and water temp is already perfect. There is a plethora of amazing places to check out down here. From great eating, to relaxing at Robinson island, snorkeling the Whiskey ship wreck...you name it! And the water is B-E-A-utiful!!

@chadweiser - don't wait till next year, come back now. It's bikini season :)

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ill be down in Gulf Shores May 8-11. Hit me up on here and we can maybe meet up and show off the boats haha.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry bud. I'm at work and won't get back till Monday the 12th.