• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alabama Boaters?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have friends coming in from San Diego. It's a good thing the game is in Dallas, because there might not be any Bud Light left in Tuscaloosa! @skbishop90 if you can come up with an excuse to get away, we have room for you on our boat. Haha

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will be on Guntersville this weekend.........With my in laws. SOMEONE SAVE ME!!
Let me know how your boat handles the chop. I was there in late June with my Waverunner and the chop beat me up pretty bad. Certainly seemed worse than what I remember from my childhood. Of course, that was a damned long time ago. :(

We're going to old tried and true Mitchell for the weekend with two other families. If the rain stays away it should be a great time.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Will do..

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
On Mitchell over the weekend I saw an SX190, an AR190 and an SX240. That's a bunch of Yamaha boats on such a small lake. Saw the guy in the AR190 have a blowout on at the ramp when he throttled up coming off his trailer. She shut down and he luckily drifted past the ramp into a shallow area where he finally got the plug back in so I'm guessing he didn't bump the bottom. I offered assistance but he declined. I can't blame him I guess...I'd probably be the same way. Give those plugs a few good tugs before you put her in the water.

Great weekend.

Last edited:

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@DBamaC, Guntersville was decent. It handled the chop fairly well. I had the boat loaded down in the front with 4 girls so it acted like it I had it trimmed all the way down so it rode pretty good. Once I have the girls on the tube, it wasnt that bad as long as I was at speed. Around 25-30 it was fine. Any slower and youll be beating the waves. Obviously every now and then you'll have to throttle down and cut into the larger waves. Altogether it was fine.

Although, I did have a decent amount of "ballast". My mother in law was sitting in the back. Considering that kind of weight, I am actually impressed with the boats power.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Maybe the weekend we were there it was just more choppy than normal. I think I may head back up there next summer for a weekend.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I dont know whos it was and what model exactly but I did see a twin engine Yamaha that I want to say was blue? It had a grey cover on it. It was Friday afternoon passing down highway 52 or 17 right in front of the Helena Health Club. I was at the gym and had my boat hooked to the jeep in the back parking lot. I wonder who it was. It was the first Ive seen in the area. Anyone? It was around 5-6pm this past Friday.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw a red 212 on Lake Tuscaloosa Saturday. I wondered for a second if it was someone from the forum, but reminded myself that not everyone that owns a Yamaha is on here. This is the second Yami I've seen on Tuscaloosa.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I had my new flag flying when I saw the three at Mitchell so I assume they are not members here. Their loss.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I dont have any forum sticker, flags or koozies but Im a forum member lol

ndwiginton

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are up in northwest Alabama...the Shoals area. We usually boat on the TN river but hit Smith lake during the summer months as well.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
welcome! we need a central Alabama meet up...say in Smith Lake or something :)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be down for something like that. I've been meaning to head over to Lay and meet up with Skbishop, but it's so hard to drive an hour when I can be on the lake in 15 minutes. Haha.

I know that DBamaC has mentioned he'd be interested too.

jet-r-done

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We would definitely be up for something like that.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are up in northwest Alabama...the Shoals area. We usually boat on the TN river but hit Smith lake during the summer months as well.
Welcome. I grew up in Decatur boating on the river as a kid. I thinking about going up next Memorial Day and chasing balloons down the river.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I was out on Lake Martin past weekend....beautiful, sunny, very little boat traffic.... I loved it. ANDDD i got to bring the boat home for the winter! I have been washing, wiping, cleaning, polishing... but that will go on for few more weeks i think... can't wait till next season!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez We are renting a house this June on Lake Martin. Any info would be appreciated. The house is in Dadeville.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hey @Zarrella I am actually new to boating in Lake Martin. My friend does have a house on the water where I kept my boat over the summer. He has shown me few places to go to on the lake but it is VERY very confusing place with a lot of branches so get your self a GPS unit.

From Dadeville its pretty much in the central location of the lake. Across the lake is the Wind Creek State Park, they have a marina, RV park, snack bar etc. nothing fancy... they do have this tower you can walk up on.
Another cool place is the Chimney Rock. It gets super busy during summer and you will see bunch of people(kids) jumping off this rock. I have done it once and probably never do it again LoL

Be sure to look at some FANCY homes on the lake which will be across the lake.

I haven't been but Niffers on the lake is apparently a decent place to go for a meal on the water.