• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alabama Boaters?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
From Ohio but bought my boat in Bama LOL :)

cut2please

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in Montgomery and have a place at Lake Martin. We also boat in the Destin area. Just got back from Key Largo for 4 days and Clearwater for 4 days but took the Waverunner on that trip.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@After You We just picked up our boat a couple weeks ago. Lake Jackson has become kind of our home base. We are only about 30 minutes from there.

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@skbishop90 The wife and I are up in Tusacloosa. We just got our first boat, so we've only been out on Lake Tuscaloosa so far, but are always interested in seeing other places.

I've only seen one other Yammie out here, and they were busy tubing, so we didn't get to talk to them.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D -

Brother, take that thing down to the beach!! Its only a 4hr ride and you will be on white sand, beautiful salt water and ice cold Bushwackers! Plenty of other Yams down here and a plethora of activities and places to go.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were just down at Orange Beach the weekend before we got the boat. We love it down there and 4 hours isn't enough to keep me away... I can't wait to bring the boat! We'll look you guys up before we do.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Bill D, Bring her on over to Lay Lake! haha. Im the only jet boat that Ive seen yet.

I will be going back to Gulf Shores in the coming month or so. Maybe for July 4th. Undecided yet.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And I will be in Auburn for the Iron Bowl this year also !!
As long as y'all yell "ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
<Comin' from a strong Dogs fan !>

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
HAHA Im not a fan of either actually. I just like big time games and the atmosphere. I dnt play college football anymore so I need my adrenaline fix. Last year I had a Bama shirt on, this year I may have to wear an Auburn Jersey.....Only reason why, I'm a Philly sports fan, when people come to the philadelphia eagle's games with other teams jerseys on sh#t gets real ugly real fast. Im not trying to have any of that or else the wife wont let me go to anymore games with out her again...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I live in Alabaster as well (born and raised). I spent my childhood summers at my grandparents lake house on Ware Island in Lake Mitchell. It's the only island I'm aware of in Alabama with a landing strip. Don't own a boat yet but hopefully this time next year we will be on a new or new'ish 24 footer. Mitchell and Lay are nice lakes but I prefer Mitchell as it seems to have less stick-ups but it's been years since I've been on the water. Can't wait to dip my toe once again!

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So your grandparents have a house on Ware Island. That is too cool. I think one of the Doctor's at UAB has a house on the island too (at least that's what I've been told) and is the owner of the landing strip. Any relation?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There used to be a Dr. Meyers that lived in there. He bought most of the island up and maintained the runway since he was a pilot as well. He had a sweet Waco biplane and flew a few off into the lake too lol. It was a great place to grow up as a kid riding dirt bikes and four wheelers on that island. Looking at aerial maps it seems the hangar that dr. Meyers owned has been sold and it's now a business that builds Ar15's and other tactical guns. I'm not sure if dr. Meyers still lives here or not. I don't think he was a dentist but maybe a surgeon.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Bump from Birmingham!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez Welcome aboard! I was just over at UAB tonight waiting to pick up friends from the airport.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Bump from Birmingham!
Welcome. I'm on Mitchell most of the time to avoid the crowds. I have also been on L0gan-Martin, Martin, Lay and Smith and grew up in Decatur on the Tennessee.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Bill D or blacksapphirez...If you come up this way, let me know ahead of time and I'll buy you a beer. My office is downtown.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Bill D or blacksapphirez...If you come up this way, let me know ahead of time and I'll buy you a beer. My office is downtown.
awesome :D we can do a small gathering. on any of the lakes near by. all about hour~hour and half away

I left my boat at my friend's lake house on Lake Martin but will be bringing it home for the winter to do maintenance and modifications!

I want to explore all of the nooks and crannies! :) Excited to be here

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Y'all got 1 KILLER Yamaha dealer and service facility on Lake Wedowee.

Randy Morris and his team @ Wedowee Marine. BEST on the East Coast ! :winkingthumbsup" (404) 307-3707

Yoooo Babeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! Enjoy, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will be on Guntersville this weekend.........With my in laws. SOMEONE SAVE ME!!