• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp in battery compartment?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahh ok gotcha....

And yes I thought the WS 420 was a nice add, and I almost picked one up sans for the JL amps having the remote controls which I used two to control my towers and subs independently, besides the microphone which is slick I was told it wasn't needed for my setup.

Just wondering how a LARGE jog wheel is harder than a smaller knob for v1.0 owners...assuming besides preference for the other features you mentioned.... but wasn't sure if v1.0 owners knew it was a simple thing to change.

On a few threads I though I read where some mentioned using the 420 specifically b/c it was a pita to change the volume.

Prob also comes in handy with the alinks, I still cant get mine to work with my buddy.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering how a LARGE jog wheel is harder than a smaller knob for v1.0 owners...assuming besides preference for the other features you mentioned.... but wasn't sure if v1.0 owners knew it was a simple thing to change.
Actually - I didn't realize that! You guys are right, the media button brings up the jog wheel control of volume - every time!
In the past, I must have tripped the wheel and gone off the volume control - into other menus which I guess spooked me. But, @Rod5 comments notwithstanding about the X models, in my AR 240 the jog is the most easy and convenient way to control volume!

This is most definitely good advice (below), with a couple of caveats.
Not debating the benefits of the ws 420 but as a quick tip always pressing the media button before turning the jog wheel will always adjust the volume for connext 1.0. I personally love the large jog wheel. Pressing media button then turning the jog wheel has become second nature when throttling down during tow sports.
Yes @Mainah that's what I'm talking about....how much easier can it get than that.

I can change the volume without even having to look down , the jog wheel is super simple. Coming on or off plane.

What am I missing on why others seem to find changing the volume so difficult... press one button and use the jog wheel...granted if you dont know there is a simple way to do it but there is and its easy.

I initially looked at the WS420 for other purposes but didn't understand why it would be a substitute for the volume especially when you use it as a master, wouldn't you need to use the WS420 exclusively for volume vs transom remote or jog wheel?

@Mainah is this only in v1.0 is there newer software available?
Caveat #1 - when I tell my co-pilot what to do to change volume with the jog ("press the Home button, turn the jog wheel") I get blank stare... I guess there is too much going on in the Home screen and with all else going on in the boat and different noises - anything but the most simple adjustments are viewed with a bit of suspicion... I can understand ( somewhat).

Caveat #2 - the fade/zone control is a bit tricky with the factory adjustments, and requires a bit of focus. It's possible to configure it with tower/cockpit/(sub) in mind but it is not super easy, or obvious. The WS420 solves this issue completely which is kind of important with powerful tower speaker (like my ICON8s). One can still use the jog, though.

Caveat #3 - when in rough water, it can be difficult to hold on/turn the jog wheel without moving it laterally (front/back or sides) - which activates different menus.

So, for most situations, in my case I think it is easier to rely on dedicated single-purpose knobs, as there is little room for confusion.

--

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you have a smart phone - get the Polk Ultramarine app. Its free and it makes configuring the sound much easier when connected by BlueTooth.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you have a smart phone - get the Polk Ultramarine app. Its free and it makes configuring the sound much easier when connected by BlueTooth.
I just looked this up and WOW!!! How did I not know about this and how many times in one day can you help me! :D