• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anclote Sand Bar

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Gonna shoot for the north side of the bar, south side of the pass. I’ll have the blue SX230HO with the wife and MIL

EDIT: if it’s real busy we may not stop, would like to keep a bit of space between us and monster crowds.
The photo I posted was taken from the North side of the bar which is the South side of the pass. This bar was packed last weekend. So, I'm with you, this is a see what's there type thing. Wife is still not sure yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Might bring 2 dogs this time. Anyway, enjoy...

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the north side now, not as crowded as last weekend. Passed a 24’ right by the sandbar to the east of the pass.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just got here, chatted with the ranger. Essentially the sand bar is hillsborough and he said it’s fair game, they never come out (although of course that could change today). The bar East of it is pinellas and you’re allowed to dock up and stay in the water, can’t go on dry land. Gonna keep the boat docked here but might swim over there, tbd.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
On our way now. Be there in an hour.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here but will have to remain on the south side of the pass with the dogs.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Sheriff's boat came by and started telling groups to leave, we started packing, then a group next to us told him something about it not being in effect. The Sheriff got on the radio and then confirmed that we didn't have to move, at least for today.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The Sheriff's boat came by and started telling groups to leave, we started packing, then a group next to us told him something about it not being in effect. The Sheriff got on the radio and then confirmed that we didn't have to move, at least for today.
It’s going to become a slippery slope if they enforce something sort of mandatory quarantine. Can’t believe they are already trying it with no legal grounds.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Got back at 6:05. Such a beautiful day. Ended up on the South side of the main pass due to the dogs. We notices, at the side we were at, they were not allowing people on the beach. So like everyone else we stood in the water. No big deal. Stayed about almost 2 hours and left.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got back at 6:05. Such a beautiful day. Ended up on the South side of the main pass due to the dogs. We notices, at the side we were at, they were not allowing people on the beach. So like everyone else we stood in the water. No big deal. Stayed about almost 2 hours and left.
Hey Dean, I’m pretty sure you stopped by our boat. I think you talked to my wife asking if we were from jb.net and she was quick on her guns to say no. Didn’t hear about it till you were already a ways down the shore with the two dogs. Sorry about that! Maybe it’s a good thing she doesn’t know about this forum lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Dean, I’m pretty sure you stopped by our boat. I think you talked to my wife asking if we were from jb.net and she was quick on her guns to say no. Didn’t hear about it till you were already a ways down the shore with the two dogs. Sorry about that! Maybe it’s a good thing she doesn’t know about this forum lol.
Damn! Really, wow! That was me. There were 2 woman sitting in back and the boat fit you description. I didn't want to "scare" anyone so I asked quickly and moved on. I purposely anchored about 4-5 boats over. Oh well, no harm no fowl. Please apologize for me if I scared her.

Where did you put in at (boatramp)?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn! Really, wow! That was me. There were 2 woman sitting in back and the boat fit you description. I didn't want to "scare" anyone so I asked quickly and moved on. I purposely anchored about 4-5 boats over. Oh well, no harm no fowl. Please apologize for me if I scared her.

Where did you put in at (boatramp)?
No worries, she didn’t think anything of it. We store our boat at little Harbor Marina in Apollo Beach.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
No worries, she didn’t think anything of it. We store our boat at little Harbor Marina in Apollo Beach.
Wow, that must be a hike. How long does it take you? I'm in St Petersburg and it take me an hour.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, that must be a hike. How long does it take you? I'm in St Petersburg and it take me an hour.
Depends on the conditions. We were able to zip out there in 30-35 mins on Saturday including no wake area (cruising around 35-40mph on the stock speedo). Afternoons are a little rougher so it’s closer to 45 on the way back, with a little bit of wave pounding. Maybe that’s why my throttle cable busted - should take it a little slower lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Depends on the conditions. We were able to zip out there in 30-35 mins on Saturday including no wake area (cruising around 35-40mph on the stock speedo). Afternoons are a little rougher so it’s closer to 45 on the way back, with a little bit of wave pounding. Maybe that’s why my throttle cable busted - should take it a little slower lol.
Damn! That's pretty good. Thought it was further. I cruise at 26-29. There and back about half a tank (26 gal).

There's a sandbar practically in my backyard. There were several boat there on Saturday. Worth checking out.

1584972253511.png

1584972450553.png

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn! That's pretty good. Thought it was further. I cruise at 26-29. There and back about half a tank (26 gal).

There's a sandbar practically in my backyard. There were several boat there on Saturday. Worth checking out.

View attachment 114210

View attachment 114212
We burn about a quarter tank there and back. Ya, I’ve been looking at going to riviera bay to go tubing once the water warms up just a bit more. My buddies are too thin skinned for the current water temp lol.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, looks like we’re grounded till further notice - marina just shut down. Anybody that doesn’t live on the water still going out? Wasn’t sure if there were any open ramps left.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

39DB9304-B0D9-4229-B967-461D6CC3F1CA.jpeg

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The marina on MacDill is open, I departed this morning and headed up the ICW. I made it to the McDonalds near Madeira Beach.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well, looks like we’re grounded till further notice - marina just shut down. Anybody that doesn’t live on the water still going out? Wasn’t sure if there were any open ramps left.
Check out this site. Maybe you can find a different spot to launch from.