• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another 5 Star Single Engine Lateral Thruster Review!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL ENHANCEMENT TO MY AR190
I have tested the lateral thrusters this weekend on my AR190 combined with the thrust vectors for the first time. Prefect low speed maneuvering both forward and in reverse. It made docking in reverse a breeze. Blends well with the pump. Very satisfied with the product.

Abdullah Alhumaid

Parts will be in stock early May. Sorry for all the delays but we really believe all we've done to get us to this point was necessary and the finest quality is now ours!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are on sale today. Free Shipping!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Excuse the newby question but what is the difference between the lateral thruster vs the thrust vector? The new lateral thruster is better for reverse operations while the TV just improve slow speed steering? I'm new to the Jet boat world, came from a 18' four winds with a i/o..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Excuse the newby question but what is the difference between the lateral thruster vs the thrust vector? The new lateral thruster is better for reverse operations while the TV just improve slow speed steering? I'm new to the Jet boat world, came from a 18' four winds with a i/o..
Lateral thrusters are a device to improve reverse thrust direction laterally, hence the name https://jetboaters.net/threads/cool-new-lateral-thruster-underwater-footage.17580/.

Thrust vectors are fins that retract at speed but stay down at slow speeds to help aid in tracking and maneuvering around the dock.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nuf said! Let me know if you need more detail. Also combos are on sale now through the 31st.

NorfolkJames

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tested my thrust vectors and lateral thrusters on my 2017 SX240 today. I went out in the bay and played around and they work exactly as advertised. Coming back to the dock where I have to back in, I was still nervous. Last time out without them installed, it was a shit show getting to the dock to the amusement of all in attendance except me. I think I made three or fours runs at it before getting lucky enough to get it close enough that the marina guy could help pull me in.

The skills I had from piloting an outboard motor vessel, just did not translate to this platform.

This time, I was able to maneuver with no excess drama. It did what I thought it should do. Going forward at low RPM, I got into heavy traffic and had no issues with steering and course correction. In reverse, steer in the correct direction and put power to the side that needs to push. Need to change directions in reverse, no problem. Do the opposite and magic happens. I backed in like I was actually not a danger to all boats around me. The marina guys all came over and asked me what I had changed. I told them and the head guy said that all of the jetboat guys will need this. They will spread the gospel.

Ultimately, I think that this system shortens my learning curve and compensates for my lack of experience behind the wheel. But if keeps me from hitting the dock or someone else's boat, I can live with needing a tool to compensate for my lack of knowledge. Im good with that. LOL.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome review! Would you mind posting this to our website? Thanks so much and enjoy!!!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well, I have been out twice now and have not played too much. However I can say it makes a huge difference, very impressed. I can put the boat anywhere I want. Great product, Will!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I have been out twice now and have not played too much. However I can say it makes a huge difference, very impressed. I can put the boat anywhere I want. Great product, Will!
Awesome! Glad to hear this! Enjoy!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
l've been out a couple times now since installing LTs. First time i didn't have much reason to use them specifically but played a bit, but today we had a very narrow channel ramp with lots of boats - my previous experimenting payed of and I was able to, in a very tight space, walk the boat completely sideways by alternating right forward thrust and opposite side throttle reverse thrust (if that makes sense) - literally no forward, backward, or turning, like someone was pushing the boat completely sideways - I have to say that was really cool. I put these on out of curiosity really but they are really growing on me.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really cool review! Thanks and enjoy!!!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
l've been out a couple times now since installing LTs. First time i didn't have much reason to use them specifically but played a bit, but today we had a very narrow channel ramp with lots of boats - my previous experimenting payed of and I was able to, in a very tight space, walk the boat completely sideways by alternating right forward thrust and opposite side throttle reverse thrust (if that makes sense) - literally no forward, backward, or turning, like someone was pushing the boat completely sideways - I have to say that was really cool. I put these on out of curiosity really but they are really growing on me.
First off I might add back in my college days I drove tour jet boats in the Wisconsin Dells. I could parallel park a 35’ boat my using forward and reverse (as these boats had twin 496’s). I have always been disappointed about how the 19’s and even the bigger twin engine Yamaha’s have handle around the pier. We purchased our first Yamaha SX190 back in 2012 (just stating this to show that I have had plenty of experience trying to dock a single engine boat without using the Lateral Thruster). Last year prior to purchasing our AR195 we water tested a AR210 and would of ended up with the AR210 if the boat would of fit in my garage. That’s not really the point, the point is I always thought if I had twins I could perform a similar maneuver with a Yamaha. Now I’m not saying it isn’t possible without the Lateral Thrusters on a twin but the boat sure did not respond how I wanted it to. Back to the single engine Lateal Thruster I was able to walk the boat in sides ways to the dock with very minimal forward or reverse movement (similar to what you were able to perform with twins). Docking is going to be a lot more enjoyable! Now there is no need to force the boat into a situation - as it can be walked in (slow and in control).

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear your review from your unique experience. Enjoy!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the combo for my new boat! Can't wait to get them on and test it out.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Its going to completely transform your boat! Prepare to experience COMPLETE CONTROL around the dock!