• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Trolling motor/electronics question..

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is my Garmin 93sv and transducer placement.
I’m getting my 10hr service also. 5484436E-CC1E-4040-AE77-AD1A15AE25C3.jpeg5D05429C-EFF2-4F25-A2E4-E5B8F8DA493D.jpeg5484436E-CC1E-4040-AE77-AD1A15AE25C3.jpeg

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yeah, I got some pics. My boat is actually at my dealers now for 10 hour service along with some things that were not right. I should be getting it back any day so if there's something else you'd like to see just ask..

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How is that trim working for you and what brand is it.

Britzkca

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
yeah, I got some pics. My boat is actually at my dealers now for 10 hour service along with some things that were not right. I should be getting it back any day so if there's something else you'd like to see just ask..
Did you try the boat before the cobra steering? Does it make a big difference?

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@jjwelly thank you so much for the pictures. I have a few questions about your setup as i have bought the force recently (think that will make three of us!) and plan on installling it myself:
1) appears you have a quick release? Did you buy the MKA 52/62 or something else?
2) Do you have the Yamaha mooring cover? If so, does it fit with your Force off?
3) appears you chose not to use the OEM mount? Did you buy something else or was that custom made for you? do you think the aluminum mount itself would be sturdy enough for the Force? I know the Force is a beast so was debating reinforcing it beyond the quick release.

Thanks again

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you try the boat before the cobra steering? Does it make a big difference?
No I didn't try the boat without it nor did I want to..

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@jjwelly thank you so much for the pictures. I have a few questions about your setup as i have bought the force recently (think that will make three of us!) and plan on installling it myself:
1) appears you have a quick release? Did you buy the MKA 52/62 or something else?
2) Do you have the Yamaha mooring cover? If so, does it fit with your Force off?
3) appears you chose not to use the OEM mount? Did you buy something else or was that custom made for you? do you think the aluminum mount itself would be sturdy enough for the Force? I know the Force is a beast so was debating reinforcing it beyond the quick release.

Thanks again
I used the MKA 42 mount. I do have the Yamaha cover, and I did initially make sure that my mount and location would work with the factory cover. However the force is a beast, and I don't want to remove the TM to use the cover, so I'm having my dealer modify the cover to fit with the TM installed. I made my mount myself. Ordered raw aluminum, routed edges and drilled holes myself, then had it powdercoated white. I didn't want to test the factory mount. I got the boat in November and had all winter to do these projects, so I had time on my side. I am starting with 24v lithiums, but I'm setup for adding another 12v to make it 36v, and know I'd never want to test the factory mount with that. After running it with 24v though, I doubt I'll ever go to 36v. I did alot of templating the boat/mount/quick detach/motor to make sure it fit exactly as I wanted...

Attachments

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any pics of your force trolling motors mounted? How about transducer placement? My 2022 210 fsh is it the dealer now, just awaiting prep. Thanks
I did find a pic of my transducer mount...

Attachments

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For those of you running the Force TM…does the 57” seem to be enough (I’ll be in freshwater 95% of the time)? A dealer told me today it wouldn’t be long enough, and also quoted $2,950 to install whatever TM I go with. Price tag alone tells me I’m not having them touch my boat. I’ll never owned a TM so unsure how to approach. I have a Garmin Echomap. Wireless integration would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah 57” is enough for the 210 on fresh water. I’ve been on some real big lakes with it and only occasionally is there enough chop to break the surface. Any more and I wouldn’t be trying to troll in it I think. The install isn’t that hard at all imo, but I’m more handy than your average millennial. Haha

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah 57” is enough for the 210 on fresh water. I’ve been on some real big lakes with it and only occasionally is there enough chop to break the surface. Any more and I wouldn’t be trying to troll in it I think. The install isn’t that hard at all imo, but I’m more handy than your average millennial. Haha
Sorry if you’ve already answered this somewhere, but where did you mount your batteries? I was wondering if there’d be room behind the tackle box compartment port side.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you have questions about all the parts and pieces you’ll want/need I can help you piece that all together also.

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you have questions about all the parts and pieces you’ll want/need I can help you piece that all together also.
Yes. That would be very helpful. Thank you.

Britzkca

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have the Force 57, freshwater use only. So far long enough, but I have not used it in a chop yet. As far as installation, I would think you could do it with the amount of help you can get on here, I wish I did mine myself. My trolling motor batteries (2) are in the front of the changing room compartment

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wish I did mine myself.
I paid to get mine done, thanks to the wife not wanting me to 'mess up our new boat' and to make a long story short, the dealer who did the work screwed basically everything up, so I ended up redoing it all myself anyway. She learned her lesson and now it all works perfectly. :)

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do wish it was a little longer than 57". Mine does surface if there's alot of weight in the very back of the boat, but most times it's fine. I'm in freshwater only for the time being. I have my batteries in the front of the changing room..

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
+1 I am about to order the Force also. I could use some help figuring out a parts shopping list. It would be very appreciated.

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
+1 I am about to order the Force also. I could use some help figuring out a parts shopping list. It would be very appreciated.
These are things i purchased when installing the 57" Force on my 210:

1. Crimper tool Part HX-50BI (Amazon)
2. ANCOR 6-2 Gauge Duplex Wire by the Foot Model # 290882 (From West Marine)
3. Blue Seas 60A circuit breaker Part ‎7184-BSS (Amazon)
4. Terminal Battery Covers Part Keensokcg28y6nm (Amazon)
5. 5/16" Tinned Copper Ring Battery Terminal for 6AWG (this was specific to my Lithium battery) Part MDS0656PW-10 (Amazon)
6. Marinco 70A Trolling motor plug and receptical ‎Part 12VCPS3 (Amazon)
7. 1/4" ring terminals (for the circuit breaker studs) (think i got these at West Marine)

Been very pleased thus far but only up and running for 1 month so can't speak to long-term longevity. I am running a 36v Dakota lithium. Love the integration with my Garmin 126SV chartplotter. I also set it up with a MKA 52/62 quick dismount. Ordered a 7" x 23.5" aluminum plate (5052) from Midwest Steel in lieu of factory mount (@jjwelly gave me this idea). Size was perfect for me.