• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any experience with fishing kayaks?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We have three large ponds/small lakes (all are fishable) within a 15 minute drive of our house, with one of them being about 2 minutes away. Been thinking it would be relaxing to go fish for a couple of hours. Our local paddlesport shop has these Bonafide RS117 fishing kayaks available for $1099, so I've been thinking about getting two of these:

LengthWidthHonest WeightCapacityDeck HeightHull Material
11’ 7”33.5”65 lbs hull weight; 72 lbs w/o seat, 77 lbs w/ seat425 lbs13”Rotomolded Polyethylene

1662416068445.png
Any words of wisdom anyone would like to share?

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a paddle kayak and now a hobie pedal w reverse. So for fishing I find that pedal with reverse is very useful so u don’t get blown to the rocks/shore when it’s windy and u have fish in the line, you can keep control of the yak at all times. But having a boat I no longer fish with kayak so I can take my dog with me. Look for used hobie if you can but that kayak in picture is good too

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have 2 Anglers. My only advice on these, don’t buy the cheap 2 piece, and make sure it is comfortable to sit in for long periods. We added padded seats to ours.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I do a remote Kayak fishing trip each year and use a Pescador Pilot 12 and it does quite well. there are a few mods I would do if I used it regularly but its great for my needs, and is pretty stable. I also have a 10 ft version which isn't as stable. I fly fish from it just fine. I added Yak attack paddle holders which are awesome for securing the paddle quickly when not using the pedal drive.IMG_0208(1).JPGIMG_0207.jpg