• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any news on 2024 boats ?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
A windshield frame that doesn't go from grey to splotchy black in the first season because I sweated on it. It's Texas; there will be sweat.

Sturmie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do we think there will be a price 5-7% price increase like in recent years? I'm looking at a brand new 2023 252SE (which is the model we want) near me for $87k (not sure what other dealer fees/trailer costs are in addition to that yet). Not sure if I should jump on that now, especially if the 2024 252SE get up close to $100k retail. We have a 2020 AR190 and with our kids getting bigger, we definitely need a bigger boat - the question is do we do it now or wait for the 2024 models.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
As soon as the 2024s get announced the 2023s will drop more and continue to do so as dealers try to clear out the old inventory.
question is will the new ones be worth the price increase or will it be better to get a great deal on an older one

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do we think there will be a price 5-7% price increase like in recent years? I'm looking at a brand new 2023 252SE (which is the model we want) near me for $87k (not sure what other dealer fees/trailer costs are in addition to that yet). Not sure if I should jump on that now, especially if the 2024 252SE get up close to $100k retail. We have a 2020 AR190 and with our kids getting bigger, we definitely need a bigger boat - the question is do we do it now or wait for the 2024 models.
If it was me, and it kind of is right now on upgrading, and since we already have boats, I am personally going to wait till the 2025 comes, 1 year from now. See if they actually do get the new engines then as is the inside rumor and other speculation. If anything I think there will more downward pressure on prices between now and them.

Now that being said, if there is a great deal new or preferably used for us on a 25' then we may jump on it.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm sure when the gag order is lifted @Julian will give us all the reviews..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Best advice to you, is go to the dealer that has the 2023 in stock and ask to be put on the waitlist for a 2024 252SE as soon as it is announced, or they are willing to take a deposit.

At that time, the dealer will do everything in his power to throw you the best deal on what he has in inventory. Act disinterested, and push for the 2024. If they are worth their weight as a salesperson, they will cut through all the BS and give you the best deal on what they can deliver today.

Keep in mind, all Yamaha boats other than the 275 series include the price of a painted trailer. There is only an upcharge for the galvanized if you think you may be using it in saltwater. Many dealers have been dropping below MSRP to move boats. Or dropping freight and delivery fees. So that number may move around depending on the dealer.

In the end, you can be assured the 252SE is too new of a model to get any real upgrades other than BNG. It's not considered a flagship boat like the units ending in 5. So expect to see major updates to hit those first and then trickle down to other models. A 252Se is the latest hull and latest NA engine, so you will not be disappointed even if they did come out with a 2ltr engine for 2024. Or the same exact boat with bold new graphics and a higher price tag.

I think we are beyond serious price increases, as the market has shifted. Yamaha recently released their dirt powersport lines for 2024. Prices were the same MSRP if not less, and they dropped freight charges to dealers. So they insisted that dealers not pass on any freight to the consumer. That's a very telling action on Yamaha's part.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Sturmie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for all of the replies. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, but the 252SE come with DRiVE, right? What does DRiVE do on the 252SE? And the only difference between 252SE and the 252SD is that you have access to throttle paddles on the wheel, correct?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thank you for all of the replies. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, but the 252SE come with DRiVE, right? What does DRiVE do on the 252SE? And the only difference between 252SE and the 252SD is that you have access to throttle paddles on the wheel, correct?
252SD is drive, 252SE is just electronic throttle.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I can't believe they want nearly 80k for the same boat I paid just over 50k for in 2020. I just can't get over that...

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best advice to you, is go to the dealer that has the 2023 in stock and ask to be put on the waitlist for a 2024 252SE as soon as it is announced, or they are willing to take a deposit.

At that time, the dealer will do everything in his power to throw you the best deal on what he has in inventory. Act disinterested, and push for the 2024. If they are worth their weight as a salesperson, they will cut through all the BS and give you the best deal on what they can deliver today.

Keep in mind, all Yamaha boats other than the 275 series include the price of a painted trailer. There is only an upcharge for the galvanized if you think you may be using it in saltwater. Many dealers have been dropping below MSRP to move boats. Or dropping freight and delivery fees. So that number may move around depending on the dealer.

In the end, you can be assured the 252SE is too new of a model to get any real upgrades other than BNG. It's not considered a flagship boat like the units ending in 5. So expect to see major updates to hit those first and then trickle down to other models. A 252Se is the latest hull and latest NA engine, so you will not be disappointed even if they did come out with a 2ltr engine for 2024. Or the same exact boat with bold new graphics and a higher price tag.

I think we are beyond serious price increases, as the market has shifted. Yamaha recently released their dirt powersport lines for 2024. Prices were the same MSRP if not less, and they dropped freight charges to dealers. So they insisted that dealers not pass on any freight to the consumer. That's a very telling action on Yamaha's part.

Best of luck.

the painted trailers are nice .. but your saying no good for saltwater correct ?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
the painted trailers are nice .. but your saying no good for saltwater correct ?
Correct! The problem quite often is the part of the trailer that you can’t see/reach. Galvanized trailer frames are dipped in large tanks to galvanize the entire frame.

I would actually like to see an option for aluminum trailers for the bow riders and not just the fish series.

Jim

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct! The problem quite often is the part of the trailer that you can’t see/reach. Galvanized trailer frames are dipped in large tanks to galvanize the entire frame.

I would actually like to see an option for aluminum trailers for the bow riders and not just the fish series.

Jim
Thank you for this info .. so the painted trailers are just steel painted ? if So thats a NO NO as good as they look they will eventually start peeling and buble up and rust will attack under the paint like a ravaging disease ... the aluminum trailers i would guess save a few hundred lbs !

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I am looking at the 252SD or 222SD and was wondering if there is anyone in Michigan (Lake St Clair / Lake Huron) that would be willing to take a potential new Yamaha customer out on their boat? Contribution towards fuel goes without saying. I would really like to experience how these boats handle on the water before making a decision.

Thanks in advance

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there anyone in Michigan (Lake St Clair / Lake Huron) that would be willing to take a potential new Yamaha customer out on their boat?
Contribution towards fuel goes without saying. I would really like to experience how these boats handle on the water before
making a decision.
Thanks in advance
I am in southeastern Michigan and boat on Lake St. Clair all the time. I have a 21' AR210. Handles fine and I have been in some chop. Not sure what size and year you are looking for. You are more than welcome to come out with me on mine for a bit this fall. The newer 22' and 25' handle better.

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I am in southeastern Michigan and boat on Lake St. Clair all the time. I have a 21' AR210. Handles fine and I have been in some chop. Not sure what size and year you are looking for. You are more than welcome to come out with me on mine for a bit this fall. The newer 22' and 25' handle better.
That would be awesome! I am looking at the 222SD and the 252SD.....I like the space and storage in the 252SD but like the price point and portability of the 222SD for more inland lake access. Also considering trailering to Naples, FL / Marco Island for ICW cruises, Keewaydin Island, Sandbars and dinner/drinks. I am open to any and all opinions as I was looking at a Regal LS4 as well (also a 2023/24)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be awesome! I am looking at the 222SD and the 252SD.....I like the space and storage in the 252SD but like the price point and portability of the 222SD for more inland lake access. Also considering trailering to Naples, FL / Marco Island for ICW cruises, Keewaydin Island, Sandbars and dinner/drinks. I am open to any and all opinions as I was looking at a Regal LS4 as well (also a 2023/24)
Yamaha Jet boats are great. I have had mine in the Ocean, and it the Great Lakes and LSC. We do a lot on local lakes like Orchard Lake, etc. Where we do most of our water sports...... kidlings like the warmer water.

Anyhow, why are you looking at the SD? Nice kick in price. How do you plan on using the boat, fishing?, cruising? Water Sports general, or serious wake/surf boarding?

I will ping you next time I am going out. I think I could be available not this weekend, but next weekend I was thinking about going out fishing. My boat is fairly modded. Extra bilge pump, trim tabs, trolling motor, Chart Plotter, vapor alarms, water alarms and upgraded flooring, multiple batteries, etc.

Where are you roughly located at? Also big boating event at Metro Beach in 3 weekends,, I can hook you up with my salesguy Ryan at @Wonderland Marine he is a straight shooter.

1693441925623.png

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would say our boating intentions focus primarily on cruising, sandbars, going to waterfront dinner/drinks and possibly some tubing with the grandkids. Anywhere from 2 to 10 people would be would be possible.
Honestly, I like the thought of the additional drive system for tight maneuvering however, after you mentioned that I think it will lose its appeal rather quickly once learning how to finesse the twins. The extra money saved would be a great addition to the fuel tank for sure.
This weekend is spoken for on my end as well , if you do go out before the Metro Show please do reach out. I am definitely going to the boat show at metro.
I have spoken with Don out at wonderland and and he seems like a pretty straight shooter as well, More curious about their service department/service team and the quality of work they provide.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say our boating intentions focus primarily on cruising, sandbars, going to waterfront dinner/drinks and possibly some tubing with the grandkids. Anywhere from 2 to 10 people would be would be possible.
Honestly, I like the thought of the additional drive system for tight maneuvering however, after you mentioned that I think it will lose its appeal rather quickly once learning how to finesse the twins. The extra money saved would be a great addition to the fuel tank for sure.
This weekend is spoken for on my end as well , if you do go out before the Metro Show please do reach out. I am definitely going to the boat show at metro.
I have spoken with Don out at wonderland and and he seems like a pretty straight shooter as well, More curious about their service department/service team and the quality of work they provide.
Wonderland is a good dealer. I have met Don once. Ryan is the Sales Manager, whom sold me my boat and whom I deal with. I can't say anything about their Service department since I have never used them. The only thing that I needed service on was my steering cable which froze up. They couldn't get the part from Yamaha for months and they were backlogged because of Covid. Weird Times. So I just ordered one for myself and did it. I do all of my own service and most everyone here on the forums does their own as well. I prefer because I am over meticulous about it.

Anyhow. The 252SD is a nice boat. You would need to look at everything it upgrades over the AR250 and other models to see if it is worth it to you for an extra $30k circa. I have used the drive system and personally am not interested or need it. I can maneuver my boat and turn it on a dime. Parallel it, etc. etc. But it took some practice and a few days out of throwing fenders in the water and practicing. All the other upgrades are not important to me/us. Of course they may be to you. The other factor is cost for me. If I had money falling out of my ass I would probably buy the top of the line. Unfortunately I can't get to that point in life yet :)

I would highly recommend getting the galvanized trailer or aluminum trailer since you indicated that you will be pulling down to the Ocean. Mine is painted and has been in the salt water once.

I also use Steering Fins, which I installed. Game changer for steering at no wake and at all speeds. I use Cobra Jet Fins. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC He is a member here and there are many posts regarding them. Others use Thrust Vectors, which I find inadequate since they only provide assist at slow speeds and no wake. The Fins help a ton crossing through the chop and the bathtub that can be lake Huron and most assuredly Lake St. Clair. These type of mods you will need to install yourself. I don't have a problem assisting if you want, I have worked on many Yamaha's for those modding their boats, both members here and others locally.

Trim Tabs are another item that I would highly recommend, I have them and love them. The Admiral is very happy with them as well. If you were just inland lake boating I wouldn't put them on, but if you are going into LSC and big water on the Weekends when the boat chop is up and it can become a bathtub, they are a game changer. I use Lectrotab. Are they an absolute need? No, but the negate the porposing and slamming the water and allow you to cut through the waves and chop and not fly over them at speed.

If I go out next weekend or before the boat show, I will message you. Depends on family functions with school, etc.

This forum is a fantastic place for info, a lot of knowledge and great members.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I am looking at the 252SD or 222SD and was wondering if there is anyone in Michigan (Lake St Clair / Lake Huron) that would be willing to take a potential new Yamaha customer out on their boat? Contribution towards fuel goes without saying. I would really like to experience how these boats handle on the water before making a decision.

Thanks in advance
I have a 222SD and boat in Lake St Clair. This is my first boat although I have owned several waverunners and my in-laws had a couple of pontoon boats. I see in another post you already have plans for this weekend but if I plan on putting the boat in again, I'll message you.

The 222SD is very nice, I have routinely had six adults on the boat and it seems spacious. It allows for up to 10 people (not to exceed weight limit) which I think would be alot of people, maybe if I was just transporting them all to a sandbar but still too many for me.

I really like the DRiVE system, I agree at some point it might not be necessary as you become skilled working the throttles but I use it every time when docking and I really like keeping both hands on the wheel and manipulating forward and reverse effortlessly. I personally also wanted the "E Series" so I had throttle by wire, I didn't want to deal with cables rusting, breaking or needing adjustments to sync engines.

The 22' does fine in Lake St Clair but if budget and everything else allows, a 25' would be way better, it gets pretty choppy with wind and all those huge cabin cruisers throttling across the lake. Not sure how big of a difference a 25' vs 22' would handle the chop but bigger is better. I started looking into boats around March of 2020 and was able to purchase a 222SD in May of 2023. I may upgrade to a 25' boat after the next redesign (new engines already debut) but I am very happy with the 22'

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 25' handle much better than the 22' and 21', especially in the bathtub chop. I have been on 19', 21', 25' 27' in LSC on choppy days. 25' are vey nice.

$25k-$30k for wanting the Drive System, is IMHO not worth it. Perhaps if you like all of the other things that come on upgraded boat as a whole it is worth it.

Again this is my opinion, based on how I drive my boat and others boats that are Yamaha's, everyone is not the same.