• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any northern Chesapeake bay members here??

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ha! That's awesome. Next time I drop my kid off at school, I'll have to run up that way.

I haven't been on the Delaware, but I hope to hit the canal and Chesapeake City.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ha! That's awesome. Next time I drop my kid off at school, I'll have to run up that way.

I haven't been on the Delaware, but I hope to hit the canal and Chesapeake City.
We don't really do the Delaware much either. We mostly drop in on the Upper Chesapeake and run around up there or take a ride down to Fairlee or Rock Hall areas for lunch. Love doing a nighttime cruise up the C&D Canal and back though.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I just moved to the Edgewood area and looking to get out as soon as the weather warms up. Let me know if anybody on here is going out since I probably need some help finding the good spots.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I launched this past Saturday from Flying Point Marina near Edgewood into the Bush River. The river was calm and great for boating, but when I got into the bay the debris was horrible.. so bad in fact that I had to turn around before making it to the eastern shore as I was afraid that I was going to suck up something. It was mostly tree branch debris, but there were some no kidding tree logs floating out in the main channel area. Is this normal? It's concerning because I don't want to be confined to the river inlets and the water was so calm on Saturday that I was doing 30 mph in the main channel with very little bouncing--the debris in the water was the only reason I had to go back.

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I launched this past Saturday from Flying Point Marina near Edgewood into the Bush River. The river was calm and great for boating, but when I got into the bay the debris was horrible.. so bad in fact that I had to turn around before making it to the eastern shore as I was afraid that I was going to suck up something. It was mostly tree branch debris, but there were some no kidding tree logs floating out in the main channel area. Is this normal? It's concerning because I don't want to be confined to the river inlets and the water was so calm on Saturday that I was doing 30 mph in the main channel with very little bouncing--the debris in the water was the only reason I had to go back.
We've had a lot of rain and the conowingo dam has been dumping a lot of debris. Edgewood and Joppatowne have nice areas to launch and the water is usually pretty calm.

Last edited:

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The river was calm and great for boating, but when I got into the bay the debris was horrible.. so bad in fact that I had to turn around before making it to the eastern shore as I was afraid that I was going to suck up something. It was mostly tree branch debris, but there were some no kidding tree logs floating out in the main channel area. Is this normal?
Normal after heavy rains up north, not normally much debris after all the spring rains stop.

Travis elk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chesapeake City has awesome fireworks 💥 love to watch them from the water.im on the Bohemia

Boyd95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey gang. Just moved back and looking to spend a lot of time on the bay this summer. I plan on launching from North East, MD and cruising all over the northern half of the bay and making my way down to meet up with family at Fairlee Creek. @Boyd95 do you raft up at Fairlee Creek and take advantage of Jellyfish Joel's? I plan on spending some beach days meeting up with family there. Where are some great areas for just dropping anchor and enjoying a beach day?
Yeah we dock up there all the time, I like to go around the backside of the bar to the small beach, you can usually throw the anchor and back the boat up to the beach, let me know when ever you guys go out, Tolchester also has a pretty big beach, and a tiki bar, Tolchester beach is located about 10 minutes south of Fairly Creek. Hart Miller Island is also another good spot to anchor and swim

Last edited:

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Who's going out this weekend?? Weather should be great, mid-80s around Baltimore. Hart Miller Island, Fairlee Creek.. I'm down for it.